The Student Room Group

Will Edexcel examiners be strict with psychology? (JUNE 2018)

Hey!
So i did GCE AS level psychology for the first time (paper 1 was social and cognitive, and paper 2 was biological and learning) and i'm scared because the grade boundaries have been so low over the years, which makes me feel like they are really strict when marking answers...is that right? Are they really strict??
Reply 1
Original post by Alex wimbleton
Hey!
So i did GCE AS level psychology for the first time (paper 1 was social and cognitive, and paper 2 was biological and learning) and i'm scared because the grade boundaries have been so low over the years, which makes me feel like they are really strict when marking answers...is that right? Are they really strict??

I did the AS last year and got the paper back. For some of the 8 markers I was really suprised at my mark. For example an evaluate Milgram 8 marker got only 4 marks when in class when my teachers have marked it I got 6. So I guess you could say they are quite harsh but the grade boundaries will make up for this hopefully.
Original post by new1234
I did the AS last year and got the paper back. For some of the 8 markers I was really suprised at my mark. For example an evaluate Milgram 8 marker got only 4 marks when in class when my teachers have marked it I got 6. So I guess you could say they are quite harsh but the grade boundaries will make up for this hopefully.

Ohh..how were the other questions? Like the 2 markers and 4 markers?
stop worrying and focus on revision and getting your exam technique spot on.
Original post by BTAnonymous
stop worrying and focus on revision and getting your exam technique spot on.

Hahahaha thanks i'll try not to worry

PS-I finished my exams so no more revision for two whole months :smile:
Hahahaha thanks i'll try not to worry

PS-I finished my exams so no more revision for two whole months :smile:

lucky you! not even started mine! enjoy your summer :frown:
Reply 6
Ohh..how were the other questions? Like the 2 markers and 4 markers?

4 markers I tended to get 2 on because my justification of the strength/weakeness was not enough and they wanted quite a bit of justification.
Original post by BTAnonymous
lucky you! not even started mine! enjoy your summer :frown:

All the best! :smile:
Original post by new1234
4 markers I tended to get 2 on because my justification of the strength/weakeness was not enough and they wanted quite a bit of justification.

Ohh okay. Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest