The Student Room Group

AQA history GCSE

I'm really confused in how the aqa history exams are layed out I do Germany, conflict and tension 1918-1939 and then Elizabeth and medicine would someone tell me how long the exams are and how many questions for each topic thank u x
(edited 5 years ago)
Alright so there’s around 4 questions per topic. Paper 1 we will be given 4 booklets: 1 source booklet and 1 question booklet for Germany, and the same for Conflict. The entire exam lasts 1h45 so we have to split our time. There’s around 8 or 9 total questions. I’m pretty sure it’s exactly the same for the medicine and elizabeth exam.
Reply 2
Original post by Conniestitution
Alright so there’s around 4 questions per topic. Paper 1 we will be given 4 booklets: 1 source booklet and 1 question booklet for Germany, and the same for Conflict. The entire exam lasts 1h45 so we have to split our time. There’s around 8 or 9 total questions. I’m pretty sure it’s exactly the same for the medicine and elizabeth exam.

is there anyway to learn all the content in a week its my weakest subject am also on AQA and dont know anything for hisotry
Reply 3
Original post by Chidowee
is there anyway to learn all the content in a week its my weakest subject am also on AQA and dont know anything for hisotry

The CGP GCSE AQA History Revision Guide has all the topics you're doing, so if you don't already have it, it would be pretty useful for you. If you can't get it in time though, BBC Bitesize have Germany for the new spec at least. (It's kinda difficult since everything's new, but you could probably find stuff on there that's from old specs for other topics).

I'd spend most of your time on content (making flash cards, writing notes etc) and then have a quick look at exam technique. The exam questions aren't super complicated, but it's worth understanding how to answer them and then having a look just before the exam to save you lots of time when you're doing it.
Original post by bethallen36
I'm really confused in how the aqa history exams are layed out I do Germany, conflict and tension 1918-1939 and then Elizabeth and medicine would someone tell me how long the exams are and how many questions for each topic thank u x

Im doing America, Conflict and Tension 1894-1918, Medicine through time and Elizabethan. Which ones are on paper 1 and which ones are on paper 2?????
Original post by LostStudentSOS
Im doing America, Conflict and Tension 1894-1918, Medicine through time and Elizabethan. Which ones are on paper 1 and which ones are on paper 2?????

Me too, america and conflict and tension are paper 1 , and the other 2 in paper 2
moving to history forum:smile:
Original post by purplepeacock
Me too, america and conflict and tension are paper 1 , and the other 2 in paper 2

For the America 12mark question on th American Civil War, did you have to talk about the causes or could you have talked about the impacts/after the war?????? because the question was rather vague

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending