The Student Room Group

2018 GCSE AQA English Literature paper 2

What to come up? I do inspector calls and Love anthology. I predict Gerald/Eric and poem like winter swans/letters from Yorkshire/neutral tones as these types have poems haven’t come up recently and mother any distance, porphyria lover, Walking away and most family poems have already been done.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Student303.1
What to come up? I do inspector calls and Love anthology. I predict Gerald/Eric and poem like winter swans/letters from Yorkshire/neutral tones as these types have poems haven’t come up recently and mother any distance, porphyria lover, Walking away and most family poems have already been done.

definately sing song - if not , farmers bride
But wouldn’t it be a shorter poem? They’ve done obsession . My teacher says she believes it will be shorter this year but who knows?
dont think singh song as so many teachers hate it and would complain as there isn't much to say on it
Original post by lucypzzz
dont think singh song as so many teachers hate it and would complain as there isn't much to say on it

I agree. Hoping for winter swans/neutral tones. But sonnet 29 may come up meaning you could compare it to Singh song ?
I agree. Hoping for winter swans/neutral tones. But sonnet 29 may come up meaning you could compare it to Singh song ?

Same.. But sonnet 29 has already come up

Well done for the Eric one but I feel sorry for the L+R poem being the hardest of all.
Original post by lucypzzz

Yet Singh Song came up.........irony
TBH I think it was the easiest paper so far..I do power and conflict poetry and ozymandias turned up and the inspector calls question on Eric made my last day in yr 11 so sweet....
The ozymandias question was the exact same as the specimen paper. What was going on there?
Reply 10
the inspector calls question about social class was quite easy than the one about Eric
guys for the poem I didn't talk about structure at all only language will that affect my grade as they may mark me down because I didn't include language structure and form?
Original post by cbains02
guys for the poem I didn't talk about structure at all only language will that affect my grade as they may mark me down because I didn't include language structure and form?

Although structure is often seen as a more fancy thing to talk about, as long as you explored Language well, and linked it to context and effect on reader and talked about the poet’s intentions, you should be good.
yup did that for Macbeth Frankenstein and an inspector calls but I do love and relationships cluster and the poem was Singh song so i didnt really know any context for the poem but the poem I compared it to I did the rest of the stuff. I didn't do it because my teacher was like language is more easier and I'm more comfortable to do language
Guys for Singh Song I was a complete idiot and only referred to structure really, context and effect on the reader. Could I be ok?
Original post by sqrt(e/m)=c
Guys for Singh Song I was a complete idiot and only referred to structure really, context and effect on the reader. Could I be ok?

As long as you quoted things form Singh song, you should get good marks yes done worry. Grade boundaries are more likely to be low too as many didn’t have context for Singh song nor a lot of ideas
I feel like I’ve failed English lit.. I compared ozymandias to tissue, which isn’t bad as they both represent power. But I didn’t have a lot of time for the last 2 questions, I wrote 8 pages all together. Do you reckon that would be enough for a grade 4? How’s many pages did you all write
Can someone help. I only did 8 pages all together in my LIT paper 2, I compared ozymandias to tissues which resulted in challenging but rather pleasing as it is a hard poem. Do you reckon 8 pages will be a pass? People are saying I didn’t write enough
Original post by Jodie777jones
I feel like I’ve failed English lit.. I compared ozymandias to tissue, which isn’t bad as they both represent power. But I didn’t have a lot of time for the last 2 questions, I wrote 8 pages all together. Do you reckon that would be enough for a grade 4? How’s many pages did you all write

Don't worry... Your comments on Tissue and analysis for it would be considered "perceptive" but it would represent power of nature, as long as you mentioned that you'll be fine... Both ozymandias and tissue show the power of nature, nature is presented as powerful because the power of man "humans" lets it control our lives as well as tissue being a metaphor for skin and it thins over time.. Ozymandias is about the statue, but time outlives the dictator and his statue disintegrates and is only being witnessed by a "traveller".

If you mentioned any of the points I said on top as well as other things to do with power, you'll get top grades... FYI I got an 8 in my mocks
Original post by Jodie777jones

Average pages most people wrote is around 7/8, depending on handwriting. You only need 2 pages for each of the first two questions to gain all marks if it’s really good. Quality over quantity. You’ll probably get 5+(Higher) just you wait :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending