The Student Room Group

Maths help

Can anyone give me some tips:
I've revised everything for maths but most of my mistakes a stupid silly mistakes I do of misreading my workings and writing the wrong numbers in a calculator without realised . I really want a nine i managed to pull of marks around 67 in my last mocks and in the last non calculator exam I know i did many silly mistakes. help
Original post by durararara
Can anyone give me some tips:
I've revised everything for maths but most of my mistakes a stupid silly mistakes I do of misreading my workings and writing the wrong numbers in a calculator without realised . I really want a nine i managed to pull of marks around 67 in my last mocks and in the last non calculator exam I know i did many silly mistakes. help

Well if you're only making silly mistakes - there's nothing much you can do except keep calm, and always read the question. If you have time at the end of the paper, so some of the questions you're not sure of again from scratch, to avoid anything silly. Also, don't get cocky at the easier questions. I nearly got question 1 wrong in my maths exam because I wrote 5 3/5 instead of 1 3/5 :biggrin:. Good thing I checked my work near the end!
Reply 2
Dont be overconfident. Read the sh*t properly and check ur answer as soon as u finish it.
do the questions carefully and do not rush. and maybe if you still have enough time in the end of the exam, redo each of the question to make sure that youve got the right calculations? good luck for your exam !
Sometimes highlighting key parts of the question helps me to focus and fully absorb and understand the key parts of the question. (I got a 9 last year btw) Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by effystonem
Sometimes highlighting key parts of the question helps me to focus and fully absorb and understand the key parts of the question. (I got a 9 last year btw) Good luck!

So I can use a highlighter in the exam just not in my answer thanks! This will really help.
Original post by durararara
So I can use a highlighter in the exam just not in my answer thanks! This will really help.

Glad to be useful :smile: Even using a highlighter in revision can help you get used to focusing so you may or may not need it in the real thing, just depends what works for you

Quick Reply

Latest