The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey glad to finally see this up

How are you revising? Hows it going?
Original post by Jwoodcock
Hey glad to finally see this up

How are you revising? Hows it going?

Hi, sorry for the late reply!

Just been doing lots and lots of past papers at this moment, content has all been cemented (i think).

How about you?
Original post by GCSEStudent903
Hi, sorry for the late reply!

Just been doing lots and lots of past papers at this moment, content has all been cemented (i think).

How about you?

Hiya, I am doing the same:smile: How are you revising from past papers? What marks are you getting on the specimens and the 2017?
Hi all!

Has anyone got any predictions as to what kind of topics could come up? My teacher has made separate predictions for each of the papers if anyone wants me to post them?
Original post by GCShElpme
Hi all!

Has anyone got any predictions as to what kind of topics could come up? My teacher has made separate predictions for each of the papers if anyone wants me to post them?

Hello again!

From a look at the papers i can almost guarantee the Heart and the Kidneys coming up!
Original post by starstudent7
Hiya, I am doing the same:smile: How are you revising from past papers? What marks are you getting on the specimens and the 2017?

I've been doing the old spec papers and the BYB/BYA (very old spec papers) and just doing specimen now and some OCR ones. Have gotten around 70-80% on specimen's and got 201/258 on the 2017 one we did as a mock.

Aiming for an A*, hopefully!
Hello again!

From a look at the papers i can almost guarantee the Heart and the Kidneys coming up!

Hello! It's really good to hear from you again! :smile:

Alright- here are my predictions. As paper 3 is a combination of both AS and A2 content, I don't have any specific predictions for what could come up on it.

Paper 1;

Calibration curves
Biological molecules- specifically lipids
Dilution series (e.g. calculation)
Membrane structure (e.g. Fluid Mosaic Model)
ELISA test and HIV
Enzyme inhibitors
DNA replication
Ultracentrifugation
Chromatography
The immune system (T-Cells, monoclonal antibodies)
Gas exchange (in fish, in humans)*
Digestion (carbohydrates)
Meiosis

Paper 2;

Anaerobic respiration
Kidneys
Changes in sarcomere length during contraction/relaxation
Negative and positive feedback
Secondary messenger model
Sex linkage/dihybrid crosses
Autosomal linkage
Farming practices
Eutrophication
Nitrogen cycle
Chi-squared
Regulation of gene expression (methylation/acetylation)
VNTRs and genetic fingerprinting

* =questions that might be data analysis
BOLD= very likely to appear in some context!

JUST A REMINDER that these are only PREDICTIONS!

If anyone has any predictions regarding which practicals might come up, please let me know! :smile:

Alright- here are my predictions. As paper 3 is a combination of both AS and A2 content, I don't have any specific predictions for what could come up on it.

Paper 1:
Lipid Digestion
Translocation
Transpiration

Paper 2:
Phosphorous Cycle
Reflexes
Animal Behaviour
IAA
Nerve Impulses
Reply 9
Hi all!

Hi There
Please can you post your predictions if you can ?
I would really appereciate
Original post by Nik2904
Hi There
Please can you post your predictions if you can ?
I would really appereciate

Hi! I've already posted my predictions- they're a couple of posts above!
I've been doing the old spec papers and the BYB/BYA (very old spec papers) and just doing specimen now and some OCR ones. Have gotten around 70-80% on specimen's and got 201/258 on the 2017 one we did as a mock.

Aiming for an A*, hopefully!

Wow that is amazing. I am aiming for an A* too but getting A's consistently in papers so hopefully I can push it up to an A* in the exam. Are you still going over the content or just past papers?
Original post by starstudent7
Wow that is amazing. I am aiming for an A* too but getting A's consistently in papers so hopefully I can push it up to an A* in the exam. Are you still going over the content or just past papers?

Hey, thank you! Right now it is just past paper frenzy. I managed to get all content revised and sorted at the start of April and have been working away at papers every day like a machine.(I've killed about 100 trees! ::frown: )

How about you?

Paper 1;

Calibration curves
Biological molecules- specifically lipids
Dilution series (e.g. calculation)
Membrane structure (e.g. Fluid Mosaic Model)
ELISA test and HIV
Enzyme inhibitors
DNA replication
Ultracentrifugation
Chromatography
The immune system (T-Cells, monoclonal antibodies)
Gas exchange (in fish, in humans)*
Digestion (carbohydrates)
Meiosis

Paper 2;

Anaerobic respiration
Kidneys
Changes in sarcomere length during contraction/relaxation
Negative and positive feedback
Secondary messenger model
Sex linkage/dihybrid crosses
Autosomal linkage
Farming practices
Eutrophication
Nitrogen cycle
Chi-squared
Regulation of gene expression (methylation/acetylation)
VNTRs and genetic fingerprinting

* =questions that might be data analysis
BOLD= very likely to appear in some context!

JUST A REMINDER that these are only PREDICTIONS!

If anyone has any predictions regarding which practicals might come up, please let me know! :smile:

This is amazing! Did your teacher base their predictions on the topics which did/didnt come up last year? Or is this just the favourites that always come up?

Thank you again! :smile: My teacher hasnt gone through any predictions. Im still reviewing some content, I was so busy with re-sits :frown:
Original post by Babesgetireal
This is amazing! Did your teacher base their predictions on the topics which did/didnt come up last year? Or is this just the favourites that always come up?

Thank you again! :smile: My teacher hasnt gone through any predictions. Im still reviewing some content, I was so busy with re-sits :frown:

I'm glad you've found these useful!

It's a little bit of both, really. My teacher took last years paper into consideration, as well as topics that come up time and time again (i.e. lipids/food tests).

Is biology your first A2 exam, or do you have some before that? :smile:
Hey, thank you! Right now it is just past paper frenzy. I managed to get all content revised and sorted at the start of April and have been working away at papers every day like a machine.(I've killed about 100 trees! ::frown: )

How about you?

Me too, past papers and occasional content here and there:h: Are you doing both old spec and new spec questions?:smile:
I'm willing to bet that the heart will appear on paper 1. Maybe a calculation of some sort ^_^ Thank you for sharing your predictions though

How about you?

How are you doing the past papers,are you just learning the mark schemes or going over the content for topics you got wrong?
Is anyone still going over a bit of content, I feel like I'm forgetting things...
Original post by Sundus11
Is anyone still going over a bit of content, I feel like I'm forgetting things...

I am! Really panicked but I have to because i just cant remember it. need a miralce tbh :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending