The Student Room Group

Breast pain

OK this is a little odd...

I am 18 and have quite a large chest (36D) recently I think my breast has grown but not my rib-cage (my bra is coming away from my body). I've not has the chance to get fitted again yet.

The pain is under my left breast and has been there for a few days. I have never had breast pain before. Was wondering if I should be worried?
Reply 1
Bump...
Original post by Anonymous
Bump...

You know your breasts better than anyone else. If something doesnt feel or look right you should go straight to the doctor. Otherwise you can perform a self breast exam called Touch Look and Check. Also check for any bumps or lumps in the armpits as this can be a sign of breast cancer. You r bra may be a bit too tight for you so I advise you to get a new one asap :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
OK this is a little odd...

I am 18 and have quite a large chest (36D) recently I think my breast has grown but not my rib-cage (my bra is coming away from my body). I've not has the chance to get fitted again yet.

The pain is under my left breast and has been there for a few days. I have never had breast pain before. Was wondering if I should be worried?

Large breasts and/ or a poorly fitting bra can cause quite significant pain. As long as you are confident the cause itsn't from something like a lump I would go to a place like Debenhams or M&S and get a bra fitting. Get yourself a boring old granny bra with no underwire (that can cause more pain) and they'll fit you for that bra. Sizes actually change a little from bra to bra with things like different styles, padding and even colour.
You might also like to work on your posture. Boobs emphasise poor posture issues so making sure you have a good posture gets rid of some of the opportunity for pain.

If you are concerned that there may be more to it that that (like a lump etc) then feel free to go see a GP or nurse for a breast exam. It's a bit awkward, but worth it to make sure your boobs are healthy.

Quick Reply

Latest