The Student Room Group

A2. Overwhelmed. Crying.

I've done my first A2 past paper in chem and got an E. And I have 15 days!!!!

Idk how to cope. I'm not getting my grades. I cant get the right answers when I correct.

I've covered the content but I still can't seem to do it :frown:

Idek why I'm posting here but I just feel so stressed rn. I'm not passing my A-levels.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Okay firstly, breathe. You still have time to improve. I would say break it up into topics and go through them to identify what exactly it is that you’re not getting the grasp of. Also, it will be helpful to practice past papers. If you still don’t get the grasp of it, I think you should contact your teacher so they can go through it with you. Hope this helps and let me know how you get on.
Reply 2
Original post by HanishaC
Okay firstly, breathe. You still have time to improve. I would say break it up into topics and go through them to identify what exactly it is that you’re not getting the grasp of. Also, it will be helpful to practice past papers. If you still don’t get the grasp of it, I think you should contact your teacher so they can go through it with you. Hope this helps and let me know how you get on.

It's not going any better. I've tried going through the topic and it's not working. I struggle to learn from my teacher so thier not much use either :frown:

Oh god... I'M GOING TO FAIL.
Hey! Start cramming now!

You're going to be fine, you have 15 days for solid revision, no rest.
Original post by Anonymous
I've done my first A2 past paper in chem and got an E. And I have 15 days!!!!

Idk how to cope. I'm not getting my grades. I cant get the right answers when I correct.

I've covered the content but I still can't seem to do it :frown:

Idek why I'm posting here but I just feel so stressed rn. I'm not passing my A-levels.

Just saying, for motivation. 2 weeks before my bio exam i got a D in a practise paper (this is AS). I revised so hard (woke up most mornings at 6am and revise a lot of the day). I received my result and got an A. I'm sure you can implent if you are determined. It is not impossible
You're only going to fail if you help with that mindset. Education is a mental challenge remember, so don't put yourself in a bad mental position. Take a day max to calm yourself down and get into an intense 10 days of study. I'd recommend going over a topic for 25 minutes, then a 5 minute rest. Then do another topic. After 4 of these take a 20 minute break and consolidate everything you have learned. Then do it all over again.

You can do it if you get in the right mindset. One doesn't win a race by being in a bad physical position. Even if you get the Cs it's much better than getting Es and Fs.
Reply 6
It's not going any better. I've tried going through the topic and it's not working. I struggle to learn from my teacher so thier not much use either :frown:

Oh god... I'M GOING TO FAIL.

You don’t know that! Have you tried YouTube videos? Get a tutor perhaps?
Reply 7
You can do it in fifteen days! Read your notes on the topic then do questions, endless questions. Move into the next topic. Keep doing that. Revisit each topic with a quick look over the notes every half day. Don't just focus on things you know, look at what you don't know. It'll make you panic but it's the only way. You'll know more than you think.

Record your notes by voice and listen to them whilst you're having a break/eating.

Don't forget your other exams too.
Just saying, for motivation. 2 weeks before my bio exam i got a D in a practise paper (this is AS). I revised so hard (woke up most mornings at 6am and revise a lot of the day). I received my result and got an A. I'm sure you can implent if you are determined. It is not impossible

Oh yh forgot to add, I started crying before my exams too. It's gonna happen. It basically means you care. Don't stress too much.
Hey man, I saw this post and decided to make an account just to reply lmao. Thats cuz i'm in the exact same position as you. I had a panic last night because i only have 15 days left till my first exam and i got EDU in my school mocks last week when i'm predicted to get an A*AA. i feel like such a mess and i've got an offer for UCL med as well. I think my problem is that i'm sick of alevels at this point and I had been distracting myself from revising by procrastinating and now im here fml. All i can say is "try your best" as everyone tells me, I know it feels like a huge hill to climb but there really isnt much to do then just get through it. Theres always retakes?All though in my case, UCL doesnt accept resit students and id have to go through the whole process of interviews and admission tests for medicine again :s If u ever wanna talk, feel free to PM me.
Hey! Start cramming now!

You're going to be fine, you have 15 days for solid revision, no rest.

I have crammed but when I'm doing papers I can't seem to get to the right answers. And can't figure out why they've done that in the mark schemes. So I'm not improving if I'm not going over my mistakes.

Oh wow, how many hours did you revise? I have a bigger issue of I get stuck when I get the wrong answer and then stress on how to correct it.
Original post by Mimir
You can do it in fifteen days! Read your notes on the topic then do questions, endless questions. Move into the next topic. Keep doing that. Revisit each topic with a quick look over the notes every half day. Don't just focus on things you know, look at what you don't know. It'll make you panic but it's the only way. You'll know more than you think.

Record your notes by voice and listen to them whilst you're having a break/eating.

Don't forget your other exams too.

It's not working :frown: I've just got a D in a past paper that I did. There's not time and no hope! Ugh i cant cope..
Reply 12
What exam board are you doing?
Original post by morc13
What exam board are you doing?

OCR
:frown:
Reply 15
OCR

Oh I did the new OCR Chemistry A exam board last year. Which past papers have you been doing?
(edited 5 years ago)
you'll be fine if you start now

just think how fun the summer will be knowing that you did your best in the exam
Original post by morc13
Oh I did the new OCR Chemistry A exam board last year. Which past papers have you been doing?

Jan 2013 F325 :/
Just before my A-Level history cold war exam, I got a U in an essay. I cried, a lot. But then the day before my exam I did solid revision - multiple essay plans and practice essays, despite the fact my teacher told me that I shouldn't bother, and that I was going to fail. I told myself to ignore her, and just revise - and I got an A in that paper. If I could do it in a day, you can do it in 15 days.
Reply 19
Jan 2013 F325 :/

Is that the only past paper you've done? Are there any particular topics you're finding difficult? I used this page a lot.

http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/legacy-ocr-chemistry-a.html

How are you with the first year topics? Remember that A2 and AS are assessed together in the reformed A-level.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending