The Student Room Group

Do you leave your hair out or tie it up?

Ladies and gentz do you leave your hair out or tie it back when you are at home / studying / reading etc.

I normally leave mine out because i hate the feeling of something holding my thick long hair back. I leave it out when i sleep too.

Scroll to see replies

I usually leave my hair down unless it’s for some reason really annoying me when studying!

For exams though I always tie it up just so it definitely won’t get in my face and distract me :redface:
Original post by EmilySarah00
I usually leave my hair down unless it’s for some reason really annoying me when studying!

For exams though I always tie it up just so it definitely won’t get in my face and distract me :redface:

Hm if i tie my hair up it kind of hurts and also my hair is very thick so its annoying. Doesnt your head hurt when you tie it?
Original post by The Old Vampire
Hm if i tie my hair up it kind of hurts and also my hair is very thick so its annoying. Doesnt your head hurt when you tie it?

My hair is very thin and I just don't tie it too tight so it's fine! It hurts if I tie it really tight though I suppose :tongue:
Depends, but i prefer my hair down
Reply 5
Tied up most of the week to keep it out of the way. Out if I am gigging or otherwise want to look cool.
Down, haven't worn it up since year 11

Sameee, if I tie it so it's comfortable the hair tie will just fall out so then i tie it so the hair tie stays in but then it just gives me a headache

ALSO ANOTHER THICK HAIR PROBLEM: WHATS WITH ALL THE HAIR TIES SNAPPING

tbh scrunchies have saved my life, they're super comfortable
Reply 8
Down, I wake up and that's my hair for the day
Reply 9
Down. I only tie my hair up if my hair looks terrible on that particular day.
I put mine in a bun cuz it makes me feel productive and like I’m gonna get something done (don’t even ask why it just does lol)
Depends how I'm feeling.
Though I tie it up in a bun which is quite lose so that doesn't hurt
Original post by Raen
Down, I wake up and that's my hair for the day

Me too. I love bed hair.

:h: Aren't you a sweetie
Mine's up when I'm sleeping cause I hate anything being in my face but down most of the time in the day
Reply 16
I'll generally leave it down unless I'm going out on a windy/hot day, or if i'm trying to avoid it getting greasy I'll tie it up. I always clip it back at the front though rn as I'm growing out a full fringe.
Down for the most part. I only tie it up when in labs and when eating certain foods. It just gets in the way. 😅
Ladies and gentz do you leave your hair out or tie it back when you are at home / studying / reading etc.

I normally leave mine out because i hate the feeling of something holding my thick long hair back. I leave it out when i sleep too.

Mans got a buzz cut... so yh, i leave like it be
I think tie-up is the best option for improving growth of hair and helps to avoid from hair fall

Quick Reply

Latest