The Student Room Group

Should I forget about him?

I've been talking to this guy the last few months. He asked me out straight away and we tried to arrange a date but it was difficult as he was working away for a month. He asked me to go up and visit him one weekend but it was far and I didn't feel comfortable travelling to him for the first date. There was another weekend that he was going to try and come back home and then see me, but this didn't work out due to his work. He ended up taking 5 days to reply to a message and apologised saying he was waiting to see what happened with work (but it would've been nice to message me that beforehand, rather than leaving me feeling a bit paranoid).

He's got exams coming up so I understand he's busy. But we've now said we'll meet up this week... I last sent a message on Friday and again I'm yet to hear back from him. I like to plan in advance, especially if it's a date. I just don't know if I should forget about him because this is really frustrating, and it's not the first time it's happened. In the last few days he's still been active on social media, and is always the first to view my stories...I think if he has time to do this, it's not hard to find the time to drop me a text. When he does message me he makes his interest clear, so I don't know what to do?!? :frown:
Original post by ilovecherries
I've been talking to this guy the last few months. He asked me out straight away and we tried to arrange a date but it was difficult as he was working away for a month. He asked me to go up and visit him one weekend but it was far and I didn't feel comfortable travelling to him for the first date. There was another weekend that he was going to try and come back home and then see me, but this didn't work out due to his work. He ended up taking 5 days to reply to a message and apologised saying he was waiting to see what happened with work (but it would've been nice to message me that beforehand, rather than leaving me feeling a bit paranoid).

He's got exams coming up so I understand he's busy. But we've now said we'll meet up this week... I last sent a message on Friday and again I'm yet to hear back from him. I like to plan in advance, especially if it's a date. I just don't know if I should forget about him because this is really frustrating, and it's not the first time it's happened. In the last few days he's still been active on social media, and is always the first to view my stories...I think if he has time to do this, it's not hard to find the time to drop me a text. When he does message me he makes his interest clear, so I don't know what to do?!? :frown:

Focus on your exams and dont become a prisoner to his indecision.
If he was keen enough he would be in regular contact. He is a poor communicator or doesnt have enough time for you. Just leave it.
Bump
??
bump
This would frustrate me too, if he can’t even communicate with you to set a date, imagine what being in a relationship with him would be like. Just continue with your life and let him message back when he chooses to.
Original post by Abcdefghijk123
This would frustrate me too, if he can’t even communicate with you to set a date, imagine what being in a relationship with him would be like. Just continue with your life and let him message back when he chooses to.

When he does eventually reply, what do I do? As in should I leave it for a gew days, shall I bring this issue up with him and maybe say we should leave it?
When he does eventually reply, what do I do? As in should I leave it for a gew days, shall I bring this issue up with him and maybe say we should leave it?

I would say bring the issue up with him. If he continues to be unreliable, just accept that that is who he is and stop bothering with him.

Lol really!!! Please don’t bother with him anymore . If he can be like this when you haven’t even met, just think what a dude he will be once you do meet then have feelings for him and he will piss you about no end. Leaving you hanging etc. My ex was similar to this even after 3 years. It destroyed me to be honest because you constantly feel like why aren’t they texting? Don’t they want me? Then will say the opposite to you which screws with your head. Do your self a massive favour, walk away leave it and move on. If it can cause u this much stress already trust me it’s not worth it !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending