The Student Room Group

History GCSE- Warfare through time

Hi there!
Is anyone taking History GCSE in summer 2018? And are any of you doing the module Warfare Through Time 1250- present?
How are you planning on revising for it? From the notes that my teacher has given me and my continuity and change tables I have there seems to be a lot to revise. I have no idea how I'm going to do all of that along with the other 3/4 modules we have to do. Any tips?
Original post by i_solemnly_swear
Hi there!
Is anyone taking History GCSE in summer 2018? And are any of you doing the module Warfare Through Time 1250- present?
How are you planning on revising for it? From the notes that my teacher has given me and my continuity and change tables I have there seems to be a lot to revise. I have no idea how I'm going to do all of that along with the other 3/4 modules we have to do. Any tips?

Hi, I've just started the module and I;m finding it so hard to get any revision resources. If you have any that you know of, then please let me know. Thank you!
Original post by futuremedstudy
Hi, I've just started the module and I;m finding it so hard to get any revision resources. If you have any that you know of, then please let me know. Thank you!

Hey, I will but so far no one has any ideas lol 😭
Reply 3
Hi! This is a tad late but if you're still open to any suggestions, here's what I'd recommend:
My school supplied us with the Warfare Through Time Edexcel History revision book; it has much more detail and is about £15.
I get A3 sheets and write down as much info from each period, and I have A4 sheets to summarise the battles. Test yourself/read these daily.
Then, practise! If you want practise questions feel free to message me, I have a bunch of them that my school supplied me. I also don't mind taking pictures of some pages of the revision guide to provide to you if you don't want to buy it.
In addition, check out these wesbites for additional help:
chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://www.halsbury.com/pdf/Posters/historyPoster.pdf
chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/http://foresthill.lewisham.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/PLC20-20Paper20120-20Warfare.pdf
Hey mate I just purchased the guide on amazon as per your suggestion. Do you think I could get your email?

Original post by trinau
Hi! This is a tad late but if you're still open to any suggestions, here's what I'd recommend:
My school supplied us with the Warfare Through Time Edexcel History revision book; it has much more detail and is about £15.
I get A3 sheets and write down as much info from each period, and I have A4 sheets to summarise the battles. Test yourself/read these daily.
Then, practise! If you want practise questions feel free to message me, I have a bunch of them that my school supplied me. I also don't mind taking pictures of some pages of the revision guide to provide to you if you don't want to buy it.
In addition, check out these wesbites for additional help:
chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://www.halsbury.com/pdf/Posters/historyPoster.pdf
chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/http://foresthill.lewisham.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/PLC20-20Paper20120-20Warfare.pdf
Reply 5
Course, sent you my email through private-message. I’ll try to reply asap
Im doing this course and I have no idea how to revise it because there are so many things to learn
Original post by kate_samuel
Im doing this course and I have no idea how to revise it because there are so many things to learn

i know, i'm so not ready for monday's exam! i have just recieved a table to fill in from school with the different periods of time and the features of warfare (weapons, tactics, recruitment,civilians etc) and am going to try and fill that out to get an overview of the course. maybe you could try something similar to sort of organise your knowledge?
Reply 8
Last minute stuff I put together for you
[introduce suggestions for what I could add]

39E13CE3-E806-4DD9-88F5-8B91E0DB5229.jpg.jpeg
82CD54A9-84D7-42C2-BE6A-D4EC9310608E.jpg.jpeg

Q1) KEY FEATURES
Evacuation:
- occurred before war incase transport links broke
- evacuated in groups of schools, teachers incl.

Air raid:
- Anderson
- Morrison

London County:
- controlled fire service
- obligated to care for homeless

Gas masks:
- three sizes
- carry them everywhere, £5 replacement
- fined

1St German raid:
- targeted London
- industrial areas (ie. east end)

Black Saturday:
- 400 killed, 1600 injured (morale)
- east end targeted

South hallsville:
- censored
- schools as rest shelter

Mickeys shelter:
- free health care
-improve hygiene (toilets inserted)

Bombs:
- incendiaries, causes fires
- mines, quiet, exploded not asap

Morale:
- low due to targets
- government used censorship/propaganda raise it
- class tension relieved

Censorship
- to boost morale
- encouraged safety
- support of other countries

First blitz:
- September, 5300 tonnes in 24 nights
- targeted ports/production

Balham:
- rumours created
- water supply destroyed, caused flooding
- 64-68 dead

Bethnal
- 173 people crushed and asphyxiated
- News withheld 36 hours

V1 attacks:
- flew low, sirens not triggered, spontaneous
- 1600 killed, 10000 injured
- day time bombing

V2:
- morale low: absenteeism was high
- more people underground
- 1.3 houses destroyed damaged

Monarchy:
- stayed in Britain
- visited areas

Leisure:
- football started late 1939, restricted crowds
- cinema, reopened, audience increased
- fire watch group

[EDIT]WARFARE STUFF
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by trinau
last minute stuff i put together for you
[introduce suggestions for what i could add]

39E13CE3-E806-4DD9-88F5-8B91E0DB5229.jpg.jpeg
82CD54A9-84D7-42C2-BE6A-D4EC9310608E.jpg.jpeg

q1) key features
evacuation:
- occurred before war incase transport links broke
- evacuated in groups of schools, teachers incl.

Air raid:
- anderson
- morrison

london county:
- controlled fire service
- obligated to care for homeless

gas masks:
- three sizes
- carry them everywhere, £5 replacement
- fined

1st german raid:
- targeted london
- industrial areas (ie. East end)

black saturday:
- 400 killed, 1600 injured (morale)
- east end targeted

south hallsville:
- censored
- schools as rest shelter

mickeys shelter:
- free health care
-improve hygiene (toilets inserted)

bombs:
- incendiaries, causes fires
- mines, quiet, exploded not asap

morale:
- low due to targets
- government used censorship/propaganda raise it
- class tension relieved

censorship
- to boost morale
- encouraged safety
- support of other countries

first blitz:
- september, 5300 tonnes in 24 nights
- targeted ports/production

balham:
- rumours created
- water supply destroyed, caused flooding
- 64-68 dead

bethnal
- 173 people crushed and asphyxiated
- news withheld 36 hours

v1 attacks:
- flew low, sirens not triggered, spontaneous
- 1600 killed, 10000 injured
- day time bombing

v2:
- morale low: Absenteeism was high
- more people underground
- 1.3 houses destroyed + damaged

monarchy:
- stayed in britain
- visited areas

leisure:
- football started late 1939, restricted crowds
- cinema, reopened, audience increased
- fire watch group

thank you so much! You're a life saver!!
Reply 10
Original post by i_solemnly_swear
thank you so much! You're a life saver!!

no problem! i’m updating it every now and then so check up on it
Original post by trinau
no problem! i’m updating it every now and then so check up on it

Thank you! I'd rep your posts but it won't let me? Sorry:smile:
Reply 12
Hi trinau, I'm going to be starting this topic in September. I'd really appreciate it if you could send me your resources/ exam questions etc.Thanks
Reply 13
Just started revising this topic can anyone send me exam questions for it
Reply 14
Original post by dreaming_spires
Hi there!

Hey There i'm also studying for warfare through time atm for GCSE's and honestly its not too complicated. As long as you know when new weapons and tactics came into play at different points you'll be fine, i use a website called Seneca Learning for my revision and it is great for me, it doesn't bombard me with aload of information it just gives me whats relevant, its free as well and you can choose what courses you want to study. I hope this has helped as it helped me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest