Is it possible for a sibling to bully you?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I was questioning this because at times being the younger sibling is too much. Like when my older brother has exams I'm supposed to endure all this harassment (Verbally).

Why do I have to be the one to endure? What right does he have to make my life misery? What right does he have to get angry at me when I don't agree with his ways? What right does he have to treat me as a lesser person than he is because I am younger? What right does he have to always, I know i'm being the typical younger sister here but ALWAYS as in ****ING EVERY SINGLE DAY 24/7, has to have the "Last word"?

I could go on and on continuously ranting about all these issues, but i understand that sometimes posts with a lot of words is off putting. I'm not done but i'll keep it concise.

This occurs daily, This isn't even the hottest part of the fire. Ha. Laughing at my own joke lol. sometimes I get tired of it and start isolating myself. He calls me depressed, a loner , a grouch. He never asks me why I am like this. He is making me like this. i don't love him. I've never loved him.

Weird part is that I am 15 years old he is 20 and still won't treat me as a human being. If I am not human being then what am i? his Dog? It sure feels like it.

If i do end up telling someone, their answer will be endure it he will leave for uni soon. I tried he goes to the uni nearest the house. **** me. Yes **** me. My reason for wanting to be alone all my life is down to him and him alone.

If you feel the same way reply thanks
Student-95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
He'd probably make fun of him more for being a crybaby.

@op start standing up for yourself.
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why do you spend so much time with him? Hang out with friends, read a book, go on TSR (sponsored by TSR), enjoy the outdoors and everything else. Family mealtimes are the only time you actually have to interact with him (depending on parents) and then you have your parents to keep him in line. And if they don't, then talk with your mouth full and put your elbows on the table in protest.
Krishna1601
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Slap him hard
Student-95
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Or do it more... You assume he cares about how OP feels which is an odd assumption to make considering he terrorises him.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, I used to get emotional abuse from my older bro.
The best part about being siblings is we can knock each other out. And that's exactly what I did...before getting pummelled. Repeatedly whacked me with this hard metal ass water bottle/thermoflask thing **** me it hurt.

Anyways, he's taking it out all on you because he's a piece of ****. I learnt this with my older bro. They are literally pouring out all the hatred they receive, whether from parents, the stress of exams, not doing well in life, all on you because your small, young, weak and vulnerable. The difference in my situation is that although he was a piece of ****, was kicked out of the house and has had a history of run-ins with police (minor issues e.g. joyriding and ****) we always had this unconditional love.
I think when you become older you will begin to miss all this. But again i'm probably wrong and it's dangerous to assume **** like that.

Go far in life. Work hard and succeed and own him in everything. Guys nowadays mature mentally from 27+ to even 43 years of age (which is why you still see men today act like ****ing kids), she he will either grow up, or stay a ********.
Unless hes a a psycho he isn't going to anything to you when your older; similar to Asian parents, they stop hitting you when you get older and taller (probably for fear you will hit back. I know, what pussies). Alternatively you can get a buff as **** bf to kick his ass if he does anything.

Don't be scared to stand up for yourself; it makes you more vulnerable and he will recognise that. Again to me it sounds like the olderbro-sister relationship that a lot of people typically experience, it usually goes away and its quite funny looking back, but I don't want to assume anything just in case it's deep. But **** that guy, go live life.

As the wise DJKhaled said,"They [He/brother] don't want you to win". He really doesn't want you to succeed because he's failing miserably. If its really that serious, go threaten your parents to call social services or childline, make sure the number is already dialled to show your serious.
username3942526
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My older brother and I annoy each other as a joke. He'll laugh when I get mad at him.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was questioning this because at times being the younger sibling is too much. Like when my older brother has exams I'm supposed to endure all this harassment (Verbally).

Why do I have to be the one to endure? What right does he have to make my life misery? What right does he have to get angry at me when I don't agree with his ways? What right does he have to treat me as a lesser person than he is because I am younger? What right does he have to always, I know i'm being the typical younger sister here but ALWAYS as in ****ING EVERY SINGLE DAY 24/7, has to have the "Last word"?

I could go on and on continuously ranting about all these issues, but i understand that sometimes posts with a lot of words is off putting. I'm not done but i'll keep it concise.

This occurs daily, This isn't even the hottest part of the fire. Ha. Laughing at my own joke lol. sometimes I get tired of it and start isolating myself. He calls me depressed, a loner , a grouch. He never asks me why I am like this. He is making me like this. i don't love him. I've never loved him.

Weird part is that I am 15 years old he is 20 and still won't treat me as a human being. If I am not human being then what am i? his Dog? It sure feels like it.

If i do end up telling someone, their answer will be endure it he will leave for uni soon. I tried he goes to the uni nearest the house. **** me. Yes **** me. My reason for wanting to be alone all my life is down to him and him alone.

You sure never have to endure bullying from anyone. Family or not. Speaking as someone who’s been through this, yes. It’s very possible for your sibling to bully you.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
You sure never have to endure bullying from anyone. Family or not. Speaking as someone who’s been through this, yes. It’s very possible for your sibling to bully you.
*should
Student-95
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Doesn't mean they care for each other. OP has said they don't love their brother and never have. By the sounds of it, the feeling's mutual. What OP is describing is not the same as sometimes teasing.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago

My older brother like to beat me. He nearly bit my thumb off once and likes to fight. He can’t think of a legitimate reason why he hates me and says awful things about me and threatens me with violence when I try to return the favour. Because he can dish it out but can take it, he scratches himself and blames me and my mother for it, which is why I can’t take self-harm seriously. He believes that I should be his slave simply because I’m the younger sibling and he enjoys treating my mother like crap.
independentx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do your parents know how you feel? I'm 15 as well and have a somewhat difficult relationship with one of my older sisters but not as bad as you describe.

I would recommend that you either tell someone else (i.e. another adult) about how you feel or stand up for yourself and tell your brother how you feel yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads