The Student Room Group

GCSEs 2018

Hello, I am currently in year 11 and have now sat 10/20 of my exams. I have finished R.E., P.E. and English literature and have done half of my science exams and 1 maths. After the half term, I have all of my history and English language exams as well as 2 maths and 3 science exams.

I basically create this chat as it's a good way of sharing thoughts about each exam and any problems that we occur.

One question that I want to ask is how did everybody find the R.E. Hinduism paper as I really messed up on the two 12 markers as I read the human free will question as just 'human free' which made no sense and i didn't know what Varanasi was. Basically, I just need to know if other people struggled with it.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi, i thought R.E was okay tbh. We only studied Islam and Christianity and i found paper 2 a lot easier! chemistry was really hard
Nice I have 8 exams left including English language, music, maths, sciences and fsmq (ad maths)
Don’t do Hinduism but are you with AQA? If so how did you find the themes paper?
Original post by zahraax
hi, i thought R.E was okay tbh. We only studied Islam and Christianity and i found paper 2 a lot easier! chemistry was really hard

Ah I didn't do Islam but I did do Christianity which I thought was alright, did you do aqa chemistry by any chance?
Original post by bluemuffin
Nice I have 8 exams left including English language, music, maths, sciences and fsmq (ad maths)
Don’t do Hinduism but are you with AQA? If so how did you find the themes paper?

Yeah I am with aqa and I actually thought the themes paper was quite good, wbu?
Reply 5
Original post by lucywb707_fs
Ah I didn't do Islam but I did do Christianity which I thought was alright, did you do aqa chemistry by any chance?

yeah, im doing AQA chemistry, double science
Original post by zahraax
yeah, im doing AQA chemistry, double science

I do ocr double science but I heard the aqa was bad, the grade boundaries will be low so it'll be fine don't worry👍🏼
Yeah I am with aqa and I actually thought the themes paper was quite good, wbu?

Good too, slightly time pressured. Did you do section B the 12 marker about god being transcendent vs immanent was so strange hbu?
Reply 8
I do ocr double science but I heard the aqa was bad, the grade boundaries will be low so it'll be fine don't worry👍🏼

ahhhh, and i hope so, it was so stupid because for biology we were told to revise all the food tests and practicals but they gave us a question on BOILED CARROTS!!!! i was so annoyed
anyone here doing aqa geography?
Original post by malkimoo

yeah me
Original post by hassan_ahmed(SR)
yeah me

we had rubbish teacher s legit strating from scratch rn.. any advice how to learn the crazy amounts of stuff for paper 2, and what i need to learn for paper three, we were just given the resource booklet
Original post by zahraax
ahhhh, and i hope so, it was so stupid because for biology we were told to revise all the food tests and practicals but they gave us a question on BOILED CARROTS!!!! i was so annoyed

Aha I heard about that all over Twitter, for our one it was pretty easy and all the stuff we learnt so much about e.g. electrolysis and the nervous system only had one multiple choice question on it, and in the physics exam they gave us most of the equations that they said we had to actually learn which was kind of annoying as I actually revised that for omce😁

No sorry
yeah me
Original post by zahraax

Please don't talk about them boiled carrots anymore! I just barely managed to forget about them this half-term. Anyways, not gonna lie all my exams were calm, I've got 13 more exams left after the half term. 2 English Language (Edexcel), 2 Geography (OCR-B), 3 Science double combined (AQA), 3 History (Edexcel), 2 Maths (Edexcel) and 1 Graphics Design (AQA) exams left. I've completed 7/20 exams that I have.
Original post by AT-2001
Please don't talk about them boiled carrots anymore! I just barely managed to forget about them this half-term. Anyways, not gonna lie all my exams were calm, I've got 13 more exams left after the half term. 2 English Language (Edexcel), 2 Geography (OCR-B), 3 Science double combined (AQA), 3 History (Edexcel), 2 Maths (Edexcel) and 1 Graphics Design (AQA) exams left. I've completed 7/20 exams that I have.

You've still got quite a few left😣 I do history edexcel as Well btw, what topics are you doing in it?
we had rubbish teacher s legit strating from scratch rn.. any advice how to learn the crazy amounts of stuff for paper 2, and what i need to learn for paper three, we were just given the resource booklet

for paper 2 just go through your revision guide and try to atleast learn the main bits because there are other subjects aswell to revise for and make sure u know the case studies. Regarding paper 3 u should've gotten a booklet some weeks ago to analyse it. In the exam they will give u a copy of that booklet and some questions on it. other than that there will be some questions on the fieldworks that u did aswell so make sure u know everything u did on your fieldworks. Also how was your paper 1??
for paper 2 just go through your revision guide and try to atleast learn the main bits because there are other subjects aswell to revise for and make sure u know the case studies. Regarding paper 3 u should've gotten a booklet some weeks ago to analyse it. In the exam they will give u a copy of that booklet and some questions on it. other than that there will be some questions on the fieldworks that u did aswell so make sure u know everything u did on your fieldworks. Also how was your paper 1??

paper one i found fine because learnt it properly tho we didnt start paper 2 yet so will be tough to learn it all and expect high grades while also learning for all other subjects
Reply 18
Aha I heard about that all over Twitter, for our one it was pretty easy and all the stuff we learnt so much about e.g. electrolysis and the nervous system only had one multiple choice question on it, and in the physics exam they gave us most of the equations that they said we had to actually learn which was kind of annoying as I actually revised that for omce😁

hahaha the memes were just hilarious & im glad half of science is done just another 3 papers to go!! i hope we smash them
Reply 19
Original post by AT-2001

haha im sorry, i still think back to the carrots and start laughing. i just cannot wait for the last exam to be over and done with then i can finally spend my summer in peace

Quick Reply

Latest