The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography help?

My Unit 2 geography exam is tomorrow, I haven't done any revision and I find it too hard to revise it, it doesn't seem to stick, I got an A* in my coursework, think i just about passed unit 1, can anybody help me out here? (I don't want smart arse comments telling me I should have started sooner, I know, I tried to but couldn't)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
its half-term
Reply 2
Original post by lolu123
its half-term

Sorry?
Original post by lukem23
Sorry?

It’s half term now for most people in England/the UK
Original post by lukem23
My Unit 2 geography exam is tomorrow, I haven't done any revision and I find it too hard to revise it, it doesn't seem to stick, I got an A* in my coursework, think i just about passed unit 1, can anybody help me out here? (I don't want smart arse comments telling me I should have started sooner, I know, I tried to but couldn't)

which exam board
Reply 5
Original post by malkimoo
which exam board

Ccea
Original post by lukem23
Ccea

soz cant help you im doing aqa and its sooo hard to learn
Reply 7

Okay, thank you anyway, just gonna use the BBC stuff I think and try learn my case studies.
kk which case studies are you doing mbe the same as aqa?
Reply 9
kk which case studies are you doing mbe the same as aqa?

International migration from turkey to germany, urbanisation of Belfast which I highly doubt is in the aqa specification, and sao paulo shanty towns theres probably more but can't remember those
Original post by lukem23
International migration from turkey to germany, urbanisation of Belfast which I highly doubt is in the aqa specification, and sao paulo shanty towns theres probably more but can't remember those

we doing shanty towns in rio i think its the same thing tho.. do you also have a paper three of fielwork etc?
Reply 11
we doing shanty towns in rio i think its the same thing tho.. do you also have a paper three of fielwork etc?

Our fieldwork was controlled assessment but we weren't allowed notes or anything like that in with us apart from data, its worth 25% and I got 23. Is yours a paper for that then?
Original post by lukem23
Our fieldwork was controlled assessment but we weren't allowed notes or anything like that in with us apart from data, its worth 25% and I got 23. Is yours a paper for that then?

no our paper is 1/2 assessing fielwork techniques talking abt data collected form fieldwork trips and the other part of it is answering stuff from a prerelease resource booklet its horrible
Reply 13
no our paper is 1/2 assessing fielwork techniques talking abt data collected form fieldwork trips and the other part of it is answering stuff from a prerelease resource booklet its horrible

Oh dear I hate that prerelease stuff I have one for OCR economics and our teacher does not care or want to be in that class
same here my teacher is rubbish and cba teaching it to us.. she tells us geog is self-explanotary and we have to kinda teach it to ourselves so i freaking out abt it lol
Reply 15
same here my teacher is rubbish and cba teaching it to us.. she tells us geog is self-explanotary and we have to kinda teach it to ourselves so i freaking out abt it lol

Yeah same I've this miserable old woman who's clearly only there for the pension
Original post by lukem23
Yeah same I've this miserable old woman who's clearly only there for the pension

lol mines a stupid kid who has no idea how to even spell the name geography, let alone to know whats on the syllabus so ive basically been teaching the class paper one this year, tho not started paper two yet and freakinggggg out
Reply 17
lol mines a stupid kid who has no idea how to even spell the name geography, let alone to know whats on the syllabus so ive basically been teaching the class paper one this year, tho not started paper two yet and freakinggggg out

Oh my days, well good on you for taking responsibility at least
Reply 18

sameee, there's a lot to learn but i dont think its hard. What do you find hard to learn?
Original post by gurlll
sameee, there's a lot to learn but i dont think its hard. What do you find hard to learn?

its not at all hard its just such a huge load to memorise.. esp since only starting today

Quick Reply

Latest