The Student Room Group

Aqa A level Psychology paper 1, 2, 3 predictions 2018

Have any predictions been made for all three papers yet? For A level.

All I've heard so far is Romanian studies for attachment (paper 1) as the possible 16 marker.
And something on the cognitive perspective and/or CBT (depression)?

Also what options are everyone doing for paper 3?
I'm doing:

Schizophrenia

Relationships

Forensics

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Zimbardo came up in the AS exam so it’s unlikely that he will come up in our exam , I’m doing forensic schizo and cognition and development.
Original post by Hmcvey20
Zimbardo came up in the AS exam so it’s unlikely that he will come up in our exam , I’m doing forensic schizo and cognition and development.

fancy seeing you here
Original post by Hmcvey20

Urgh! I LOVE ZIMBARDO SO MUCH! :frown:
Original post by simon7919
fancy seeing you here

Who are you boi , jk it’s my favourite person named Simon in my form
Original post by minivampire
Urgh! I LOVE ZIMBARDO SO MUCH! :frown:

Plus it’s easy
SOCIAL INFLUENCE= MINORITY INFLUENCE, MILGRAMS AND ASCHS

MEMORY= CAPACITY/DURATION, WORKING MEMORY MODEL, MULTI-STORE MODEL, MISLEADING INFO

ATTACHMENT=ROLE OF FATHER/ FORMATION OF ATTACHMENT, BOWLBY MONOTROPIC THEORY,INFLUENCE OF ATTACHMENT ON LATER RELATIONSHIPS

PSYCHOPATHOLOGY= PHOBIAS EXPLANATION, DEPRESSION EXPLANATION AND TREATMENT, OCD TREATMENT

These are just my guesses i really have no idea. I went off of what hasn't come up so far.
Reply 8

All I've heard so far is Romanian studies for attachment (paper 1) as the possible 16 marker.

I'm doing:

Schizophrenia

Relationships

Forensics

hiii I am doing addiction, relationship, schizophrenia and issues and debates for paper 3
Same as you but cognition and development instead of relationships
(edited 5 years ago)
I think for attachment, Rutter's ERA or The Bucharest early intervention project might come up.
Also for schizophrenia, the section was pretty short last year. So we have to prepare ourselves for an essay with that one lol
Reply 11

I'm doing:

Schizophrenia

Relationships

Forensics

Schizophrenia, Aggression & Cognitive Development. They're the shortest ones ahah.
Reply 12
Original post by jikook12
hiii I am doing addiction, relationship, schizophrenia and issues and debates for paper 3

Issues and debates is for paper 2?
Reply 13
Original post by Satori Tendō
I think for attachment, Rutter's ERA or The Bucharest early intervention project might come up.
Also for schizophrenia, the section was pretty short last year. So we have to prepare ourselves for an essay with that one lol

? This isn't on the specification
Original post by crumps
? This isn't on the specification

Oh, I think the specification says Romanian orphan studies: effects of institutionalisation as a general term. Depending on what material you have, there are certain/different studies I guess. In the AQA Psychology book I have, those are the Romanian studies I learnt . what i mean by they will come up is an opportunity to mention them.
I have a list of what studies are specific to the spec that everyone should know though.
Original post by crumps
Issues and debates is for paper 2?

issues and debates is on paper 3
Reply 16
Original post by Satori Tendō
Oh, I think the specification says Romanian orphan studies: effects of institutionalisation as a general term. Depending on what material you have, there are certain/different studies I guess. In the AQA Psychology book I have, those are the Romanian studies I learnt . what i mean by they will come up is an opportunity to mention them.
I have a list of what studies are specific to the spec that everyone should know though.

Ah, right I see :smile: thank you for clarifying that for me! 😁 I use the smaller dog & cat AQA textbook which must be why.
Reply 17
Original post by Emmatoap
issues and debates is on paper 3

Oh crap!! You're right :smile: Oops! I have no idea how I must have mixed the two up. I must have been thinking that only the topics we choose is paper 3 which excludes issues and debates because it's compulsorary. Thanks so much for clarifying that with me!
Original post by crumps
Schizophrenia, Aggression & Cognitive Development. They're the shortest ones ahah.

I wanted to do those! But we did a class vote and they all voted for the longest ones :frown:
Does anyone think they will ask us to work out any inferential/parametric questions? Not sure whether I should learn Mann Whitney, Chi Squared etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending