The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

University of Roehampton Questions and Queries

Welcome to Roehampton! Whether or not you have confirmed your place, all of your questions can be answered here. No query is too big or too small, so ask away. :smile:

I am a second year student at Roehampton, and am available on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings to answer your questions.

Can't wait to hear from you! :smile:
Reply 1
Which accommodation is best for a sociology student? (preferably not one overcrowded with girls, went to boarding school and I’ve been there done that)
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Hi!

Sociology is part of Digby Stuart College, so plenty of your course mates will choose to live in either Elm Grove, Lee, Bede, Newman, or Shaw - the Digby accommodation.

When applying for accommodation, you can specify if you would prefer an all-female flat, but without specifying, it is automatically assumed that a mixed flat would be suitable.

Hope that helps!
Reply 3
In the Newman accommodation (the single room £120 a week), is there a desk included? And is there a sink in the bedroom like a lot of the other single accommodation rooms? I can't seem to find pictures or anything of it anywhere and I didn't get to visit on the offer holder day to see so if you have pictures or videos of Newman so I know what to expect it would be greatly appreciated haha, but no worries if not!
Hello!

Yep, there is a desk and sink in each room.

Newman is very similar to Bede, and if you go to our Instagram account, @uni_roehampton, we have a video of a typical Bede room to help you visualise where you might be living next year!

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Hello, I am a second year student studying criminology and I only passed 5/6 modules (I won’t be allowed to retake 6th module as I failed the retake) will I be able to progress to third year? And if not is it possible to retake second year?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Rominalacas
Hello, I am a second year student studying criminology and I only passed 5/6 modules (I won’t be allowed to retake 6th module as I failed the retake) will I be able to progress to third year? And if not is it possible to retake second year?

Hello!

For help with this query, please contact your personal tutor, or Finola Farrant, Head of Social Sciences, at [email protected]. Cases are considered on an individual basis, preventing us from offering generalised advice.

Good luck!
Hello, I am going to be studying psychology in September 2018 and would like to know the days of the week I’m required to come into university. I’m just planning ahead in regards to availability for my job.
Original post by gmaryyyyy
Hello, I am going to be studying psychology in September 2018 and would like to know the days of the week I’m required to come into university. I’m just planning ahead in regards to availability for my job.

Hello,

Timetabling changes each year, and is personalised. Students can often begin to view their timetables towards the end of the summer break, but these timings are subject to change, as timetables are finalised in September. When available, you will be able to access your timetable on the student portal.

If we can do any more to help, just let us know! :smile:
Reply 9
Hi, I was wondering how the university calculates each students classification. I did really well in third-year but I didn't do so well in second-year as I got a third in 2 modules. Will they ignore the 2 thirds I got in second-year, or will they only ignore my lowest grade from second-year to calculate my overall grade ?
Original post by bhaveeni
Hi, I was wondering how the university calculates each students classification. I did really well in third-year but I didn't do so well in second-year as I got a third in 2 modules. Will they ignore the 2 thirds I got in second-year, or will they only ignore my lowest grade from second-year to calculate my overall grade ?

I study criminology and for my course in roehampton they get your 10 best modules and you can drop 2 from second year so you can choose to only have 4 looked at from second year and the rest from third! Hope that helped, you can look at the marking here

https://moodle.roehampton.ac.uk/pluginfile.php/584871/block_html/content/Revised%20Guide%20to%20working%20out%20your%20Degree%20Classification.pdf
Original post by University of Roehampton (Official)
Welcome to Roehampton! Whether or not you have confirmed your place, all of your questions can be answered here. No query is too big or too small, so ask away. :smile:

I am a second year student at Roehampton, and am available on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings to answer your questions.

Can't wait to hear from you! :smile:

Lots of people complain about the accomodation, is it that bad - what do you think?
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
Lots of people complain about the accomodation, is it that bad - what do you think?

Our accommodation is award-winning!

We offer a wide variety of options, price points and locations, to ensure that our accommodation caters for each of our students' needs.

Have a look at what's on offer here, and let us know if you need any more help. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest