The Student Room Group

Retaking A-Levels

I'm currently preparing for my A2 exams but I was wondering whether, considering the end of AS exams (as far as I know, at least), I would have to start from the beginning of the 2 years, start from the beginning of the second year or just take the exam without redoing any of the years if I don't do very well in the next three weeks?

Cheers.
Original post by adams99
I'm currently preparing for my A2 exams but I was wondering whether, considering the end of AS exams (as far as I know, at least), I would have to start from the beginning of the 2 years, start from the beginning of the second year or just take the exam without redoing any of the years if I don't do very well in the next three weeks?

Cheers.

It depends on the college and subjects, what a levels are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by clausencallum
It depends on the college and subjects, what a levels are you doing?

History, sociology and English literature.
Original post by adams99

Cheers.

I do Maths English Lit and Psychology and I’m s***ing it right now. I don’t even know where to start for English lit. Are you doing Love through the Ages? If so what texts?
Reply 4
Original post by ks234r
I do Maths English Lit and Psychology and I’m s***ing it right now. I don’t even know where to start for English lit. Are you doing Love through the Ages? If so what texts?

I think so - The Whitsun Weddings by Larkin and Mean Time by Duffy, plus Chaucer, Hamlet, Duchess of Malfi and Streetcar Named Desire.

English has always been my weakest subject but the teaching has been under par in comparison with my other subjects this year...
Original post by adams99
I think so - The Whitsun Weddings by Larkin and Mean Time by Duffy, plus Chaucer, Hamlet, Duchess of Malfi and Streetcar Named Desire.

English has always been my weakest subject but the teaching has been under par in comparison with my other subjects this year...

I’m doing Othello and the Great Gatsby for paper one. Same over here. English is just crap πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Don’t worry we can do this. We got 6 days including today. Start now and work your ass off and you WILL succeed. We can do this!
Reply 6
Original post by ks234r
I’m doing Othello and the Great Gatsby for paper one. Same over here. English is just crap πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Don’t worry we can do this. We got 6 days including today. Start now and work your ass off and you WILL succeed. We can do this!

Duchess/Streetcar and Chaucer are not as problematic but I don't know whether the stress is now getting to me but I want to know what happens if all doesn't go to plan 😫
Reply 7
You'd probably have to resit by paying to enter as a private candidate next year.
Original post by adams99
Duchess/Streetcar and Chaucer are not as problematic but I don't know whether the stress is now getting to me but I want to know what happens if all doesn't go to plan 😫

Don’t think about retaking trust me it’s long. What not put the effort in now? In order to obtain at least a B grade at this stage, you must memorise everyday now. Start at 7:30 AM to 3:00 AM in the morning. Yes its long and unhealthy but what choice do we have? It’s only for 25 days or so then we’re done. Then we literally have nearly 3 months of holidays. Work hard now and it will pay off :smile:)))
Reply 9
Original post by ks234r
Don’t think about retaking trust me it’s long. What not put the effort in now? In order to obtain at least a B grade at this stage, you must memorise everyday now. Start at 7:30 AM to 3:00 AM in the morning. Yes its long and unhealthy but what choice do we have? It’s only for 25 days or so then we’re done. Then we literally have nearly 3 months of holidays. Work hard now and it will pay off :smile:)))

That is impossible and I do have other subjects to do as well.
Original post by adams99
That is impossible and I do have other subjects to do as well.

Exactly. 3 subjects from 7-3am. Exhausting, yes. Worth it, yes! Devise a plan now. Do 2 modules per subject a day. nothing is impossible.

Quick Reply

Latest