The Student Room Group

McDonalds Job Application Questions

Hi, I am doing an application for a position as a crew member at McDonalds, I am currently a college student, however, i finish college in June forever,this is why i need to get whatever job i can atm, which is why i am applying to McDonalds. I am however stuck on what to answers for the 17 application situational judgment test questions as i am not the most confident person so i am worried that i will answer them wrong and not pass the application. If anyone can help me with the questions it would be greatly appreciated, thank you. The questions are:

1) A new member of the team asks you for the third time about a work procedure. What do you do?

A)Give the colleague the information and inform your manager about this situation
B)Advise your colleague to ask the manager for more training.
C)Tell your colleague the information they require and reiterate that this is the third time you have told them

2)You are working on the 'Drive-thru' and whilst checking a customers order before you hand it to them, you notice that it is incorrect. This is now the third order today that has been wrong. It's really busy and there is a queue of cars waiting for their orders. What would you do?

A)Inform the kitchen staff about the incorrect orders and ask them to get the orders right as they're causing delays.
B)You realise that its busy so you double check each order as they come through to you.
C)Make the manager aware of the incorrect order, so they can monitor the situation for the rest of the shift.

3)You have just come to the end of a really busy shift and you are working in the dining area. As well as working your usual hours for the day, your manager has asked you to stay an extra 30 minutes to cover for someone who was running late. You have now finished and as you walk through the dining area to go to the staff room to get your bag to leave, you hear a customer complain that they are unhappy with their Big Mac. What would you do?

A)Go and ask your colleague who has just come on shift to pick up with the customer.
B)Approach the customer and ask if you can help with anything.
C)Recommend to the customer to go back up to the counter and ask for another one.

4)You are working on the till and a customer orders a Big Mac and fries. You put the order through the till and ask for the money at which point the customer hands over a voucher for a discounted Big Mac and fries offer. You notice that the voucher expired two weeks ago. What do you do?

A)Accept the voucher as they may leave the restaurant unhappy and not purchase anything.
B)Explain that the voucher has expired but inform them of the other offers that are available today.
C)Politely explain to the customer that you cannot accept the voucher as it has expired

5)You have been working at McDonald's for two weeks now and your manager has given you feedback that you need to improve your speed at serving the customers, you have been working long hours to help out and have been doing your best. How do you respond?
A)Ask the manager to plan time in to help you improve your speed and efficiency.
B)Tell the manager that you are new to the role and are confident that you'll get quicker with time.
C)Try to watch other crew members to learn how they do it to see if you can do anything differently.

6)You are working on the till and a customer pushes to the front of the queue. You are currently serving another customer. They say that they are in a rush and only have a small order that won't take long. What would you do?
A)Ask the customer you are serving if they would mind and then take the order.
B)As they are in a rush, tell them that you will take their order as soon as you have finished with your current customer.
C)Explain to the customer that they will need to join the back of the queue as it would be unfair to those that have been waiting.

7)You are working on the till during a really busy Thursday lunchtime. There are lots of customers waiting to be served in your queue when the manager tells you that you need to speed up as your customers are waiting longer than at the other tills. You feel that you are working flat out. How would you respond?
A)Tell the manager that it's really busy and you're working as fast as you can and that they could help you out if they wanted to.
B)Try and hurry up by observing how your colleagues are handling the rush and do the same as them.
C)Ask the manager to help get some of the food orders out so you can continue taking orders for those waiting in the queue.

8)You are working in the dining area when you notice a customer in a wheelchair with a tray of food. It is very busy and you are working hard to try and clear the tables. There are no tables currently available. What would you do?
A)Look around the dining area for a customer that has nearly finished, approach them and ask them if they would mind moving.
B)Refrain from intervening, as you're sure another customer will move seats to help them out.
C)Approach the customer and tell them that you will make sure that they get the next table that becomes available.

9)You are working in the kitchen and the busy lunch rush has just finished. There are no customers at present. What do you do?
A)Take the opportunity to have a breather as it's been really busy so far.
B)Take the opportunity to stock up the kitchen and ensure it's clean and tidy.
C)Ask if any of the other areas need help while you are not busy.

10)You are on the bus to work and due to start your shift at 9am, but the bus is stuck in a traffic jam and you estimate that you will be at least 15 minutes late now. Your phone battery is on critical, as you didn't charge it last night. What do you do?
A)Try to call the restaurant before your battery dies and ask them to let the manager know.
B)Quickly send a text to a friend who is already at work and ask them to let the manager know of the situation.
C)When you arrive at work, find the manager and offer to stay after your shift ends to make up the time.

11)A new manager has started at the restaurant where you work and one of your colleagues is planning to play a practical joke on them and has asked you to join in. You only started working at the restaurant a week ago yourself. How would you respond?
A)Join in as it is only harmless fun and you may make some good friends.
B)Tell the new manager that some of the staff are planning to play a practical joke on them.
C)Tell your colleague that you don’t think it’s the right thing to be doing to a new manager even if it is just for fun.

12)You are working in the dining area and it's a really busy shift. As soon as you clear and clean the tables another customer sits down. You have asked the manager to send someone to help out so you can clear the tables quicker for the customers waiting. The manager sends someone to help but you notice that they aren't helping and are talking to their friends at a table. What would you do?
A)Take them to one side and remind them that they are there to help you and the customers and you really need them to start clearing and cleaning tables.
B)Ignore it and continue by yourself; you're sure they will help once they have finished talking to their friends.
C)Go and speak to the manager and tell them that the person isn't doing anything apart from talking to their friends and ask them to deal with it.

13)You are working a Friday evening shift and are due to finish at 8pm. Someone phones in sick for the next shift and your manager has asked you to stay for an extra two hours so that they have time to find a replacement. You have plans to meet friends. What would you do?
A)Explain that you can't stay on this occasion because of plans you have already made and you don't want to be late.
B)Stay on until the manager finds a replacement, you can catch up with your friends a bit later.
C)Compromise and say you can stay for an extra 30 minutes but then have to leave as you have already made plans.

14)A couple of days ago you had an argument with a colleague because they arrived late for work, which meant that you had to stay behind and help until they arrived. You are both working the same shift today and you have just arrived. On your way into the staff room, they exit and you say 'hello' but they ignore you. What would you do in this situation?
A)As soon as you can, approach your colleague and try and work things out.
B)Adopt the same attitude, if they are going to ignore you, then you'll ignore them too.
C)Pretend that the argument didn't happen and try to make conversation with them .

15)You are working in the kitchen and notice a colleague using the same tongs for meat, egg and pork products. The procedure is to use separate tongs for each of these products. What do you do?
A)Tell the manager and let them follow it up with your colleague.
B)Take them to the side and remind them of the procedure, explaining it's for ethical and safety reasons.
C)Don’t do anything about it, as it's up to the manager to explain the ethical and safety reasons to them.

16)You have just started your shift when your manager asks you to deal with a toilet that is blocked and dirty. You don't normally work in the dining area but the manager explains that a customer has just complained about it and there is no one free to deal with it at the moment as the restaurant is busy. What would you do?
A)Ask the manager to get the person whose responsibility it is to do it.
B)Agree to help out on this occasion, even though you're not working in the dining area.
C)Refuse to clean it as you're not working in the dining area.

17)It's the first day for a new team member and they are working on the till next to you. It's lunchtime and it's really busy, you can see that they are struggling to provide a speedy service to the customers in their queue and a few customers look like they are starting to get impatient. What would you do in this situation?
A)Inform the manager that the new team member needs assistance with getting the orders out.
B)Give them a smile of encouragement and tell them that they'll soon get quicker.
C)Whilst you are collecting food orders for your customers, offer to help them out by collecting the food orders for their customers as well.
Personally i think that you should answer it according to what/how you'd like to answer it. Employers will not seek answers that are "too good to be true" meaning they'd want employees with pros and cons too? because answering answers that are too good would seem as if you were lying. so i'd say just answer it according to how you'd answer it. sorry if you didnt find this helpful but good luck !
Reply 2
Oh, come on, it's McDonalds. Just complete it yourself, for God's sake, it's not difficult.

By the way, they hire anyone.
Reply 3
Original post by Perceval
Oh, come on, it's McDonalds. Just complete it yourself, for God's sake, it's not difficult.

By the way, they hire anyone.

Thanks for the tough reply, i appreciate it, it actually helped my confidence and pushed me to answer the questions myself. I passed and have been invited for an OJE/Interview, so again thanks:-)
Original post by Brae99
Thanks for the tough reply, i appreciate it, it actually helped my confidence and pushed me to answer the questions myself. I passed and have been invited for an OJE/Interview, so again thanks:-)

Congrats :smile: I'm looking to apply there too for a summer job but I don't want to start until my exams are over. Will you be starting straight away if you get the job or are you waiting?
Reply 5
Original post by cafebee
Congrats :smile: I'm looking to apply there too for a summer job but I don't want to start until my exams are over. Will you be starting straight away if you get the job or are you waiting?

I started straight away, however, they do accommodate students by working around their study times and giving them the evening and night shifts on the days that are at college or university, and/or the day/morning shifts when they have a day off or on the weekends. The working hours are flexible so don't worry about it if you want to work their while studying, they will work around your study times easily :-)
Reply 6
I worked at maccies for over 3 months. Lol chill out. The guy that interviewed me asked me about my achievements, ambitions and then wanted to know the most embarrassing part of my life. I told him I got stuck in the school toilets for over an hour and nobody went to go get a teacher. They simply laughed and stared at my ugly mug.
omg for gods sake NO THEY DONTif it was that easy to get a job, eveyone would work at 13
Do y have the answers as I struggling myself
can non of u mother****ers just have gave the answers instead of chatting **** like a little *****
Hi can you plz tell the answers as well
My daughter keeps applying but not getting past the questions. She got a lot of 9’s in her gcse exams so is not stupid. Not sure where she is going wrong
Reply 12
Can you tell me answe

Original post by william1404

Hey wiliam i am struggling too. Do you know answe
Reply 13
Original post by Brae99
Hi, I am doing an application for a position as a crew member at McDonalds, I am currently a college student, however, i finish college in June forever,this is why i need to get whatever job i can atm, which is why i am applying to McDonalds. I am however stuck on what to answers for the 17 application situational judgment test questions as i am not the most confident person so i am worried that i will answer them wrong and not pass the application. If anyone can help me with the questions it would be greatly appreciated, thank you. The questions are:

1) A new member of the team asks you for the third time about a work procedure. What do you do?

A)Give the colleague the information and inform your manager about this situation
C)Tell your colleague the information they require and reiterate that this is the third time you have told them

2)You are working on the 'Drive-thru' and whilst checking a customers order before you hand it to them, you notice that it is incorrect. This is now the third order today that has been wrong. It's really busy and there is a queue of cars waiting for their orders. What would you do?

A)Inform the kitchen staff about the incorrect orders and ask them to get the orders right as they're causing delays.
B)You realise that its busy so you double check each order as they come through to you.
C)Make the manager aware of the incorrect order, so they can monitor the situation for the rest of the shift.

3)You have just come to the end of a really busy shift and you are working in the dining area. As well as working your usual hours for the day, your manager has asked you to stay an extra 30 minutes to cover for someone who was running late. You have now finished and as you walk through the dining area to go to the staff room to get your bag to leave, you hear a customer complain that they are unhappy with their Big Mac. What would you do?

A)Go and ask your colleague who has just come on shift to pick up with the customer.
C)Recommend to the customer to go back up to the counter and ask for another one.

4)You are working on the till and a customer orders a Big Mac and fries. You put the order through the till and ask for the money at which point the customer hands over a voucher for a discounted Big Mac and fries offer. You notice that the voucher expired two weeks ago. What do you do?

A)Accept the voucher as they may leave the restaurant unhappy and not purchase anything.
B)Explain that the voucher has expired but inform them of the other offers that are available today.
C)Politely explain to the customer that you cannot accept the voucher as it has expired

5)You have been working at McDonald's for two weeks now and your manager has given you feedback that you need to improve your speed at serving the customers, you have been working long hours to help out and have been doing your best. How do you respond?
A)Ask the manager to plan time in to help you improve your speed and efficiency.
B)Tell the manager that you are new to the role and are confident that you'll get quicker with time.
C)Try to watch other crew members to learn how they do it to see if you can do anything differently.

6)You are working on the till and a customer pushes to the front of the queue. You are currently serving another customer. They say that they are in a rush and only have a small order that won't take long. What would you do?
B)As they are in a rush, tell them that you will take their order as soon as you have finished with your current customer.
C)Explain to the customer that they will need to join the back of the queue as it would be unfair to those that have been waiting.

7)You are working on the till during a really busy Thursday lunchtime. There are lots of customers waiting to be served in your queue when the manager tells you that you need to speed up as your customers are waiting longer than at the other tills. You feel that you are working flat out. How would you respond?
A)Tell the manager that it's really busy and you're working as fast as you can and that they could help you out if they wanted to.
B)Try and hurry up by observing how your colleagues are handling the rush and do the same as them.
C)Ask the manager to help get some of the food orders out so you can continue taking orders for those waiting in the queue.

8)You are working in the dining area when you notice a customer in a wheelchair with a tray of food. It is very busy and you are working hard to try and clear the tables. There are no tables currently available. What would you do?
A)Look around the dining area for a customer that has nearly finished, approach them and ask them if they would mind moving.
B)Refrain from intervening, as you're sure another customer will move seats to help them out.
C)Approach the customer and tell them that you will make sure that they get the next table that becomes available.

9)You are working in the kitchen and the busy lunch rush has just finished. There are no customers at present. What do you do?

10)You are on the bus to work and due to start your shift at 9am, but the bus is stuck in a traffic jam and you estimate that you will be at least 15 minutes late now. Your phone battery is on critical, as you didn't charge it last night. What do you do?
A)Try to call the restaurant before your battery dies and ask them to let the manager know.
B)Quickly send a text to a friend who is already at work and ask them to let the manager know of the situation.
C)When you arrive at work, find the manager and offer to stay after your shift ends to make up the time.

11)A new manager has started at the restaurant where you work and one of your colleagues is planning to play a practical joke on them and has asked you to join in. You only started working at the restaurant a week ago yourself. How would you respond?
B)Tell the new manager that some of the staff are planning to play a practical joke on them.
C)Tell your colleague that you don’t think it’s the right thing to be doing to a new manager even if it is just for fun.

12)You are working in the dining area and it's a really busy shift. As soon as you clear and clean the tables another customer sits down. You have asked the manager to send someone to help out so you can clear the tables quicker for the customers waiting. The manager sends someone to help but you notice that they aren't helping and are talking to their friends at a table. What would you do?
A)Take them to one side and remind them that they are there to help you and the customers and you really need them to start clearing and cleaning tables.
B)Ignore it and continue by yourself; you're sure they will help once they have finished talking to their friends.
C)Go and speak to the manager and tell them that the person isn't doing anything apart from talking to their friends and ask them to deal with it.

13)You are working a Friday evening shift and are due to finish at 8pm. Someone phones in sick for the next shift and your manager has asked you to stay for an extra two hours so that they have time to find a replacement. You have plans to meet friends. What would you do?
A)Explain that you can't stay on this occasion because of plans you have already made and you don't want to be late.
B)Stay on until the manager finds a replacement, you can catch up with your friends a bit later.
C)Compromise and say you can stay for an extra 30 minutes but then have to leave as you have already made plans.

14)A couple of days ago you had an argument with a colleague because they arrived late for work, which meant that you had to stay behind and help until they arrived. You are both working the same shift today and you have just arrived. On your way into the staff room, they exit and you say 'hello' but they ignore you. What would you do in this situation?
B)Adopt the same attitude, if they are going to ignore you, then you'll ignore them too.
C)Pretend that the argument didn't happen and try to make conversation with them .

15)You are working in the kitchen and notice a colleague using the same tongs for meat, egg and pork products. The procedure is to use separate tongs for each of these products. What do you do?
B)Take them to the side and remind them of the procedure, explaining it's for ethical and safety reasons.
C)Don’t do anything about it, as it's up to the manager to explain the ethical and safety reasons to them.

16)You have just started your shift when your manager asks you to deal with a toilet that is blocked and dirty. You don't normally work in the dining area but the manager explains that a customer has just complained about it and there is no one free to deal with it at the moment as the restaurant is busy. What would you do?
B)Agree to help out on this occasion, even though you're not working in the dining area.

17)It's the first day for a new team member and they are working on the till next to you. It's lunchtime and it's really busy, you can see that they are struggling to provide a speedy service to the customers in their queue and a few customers look like they are starting to get impatient. What would you do in this situation?
A)Inform the manager that the new team member needs assistance with getting the orders out.
B)Give them a smile of encouragement and tell them that they'll soon get quicker.
C)Whilst you are collecting food orders for your customers, offer to help them out by collecting the food orders for their customers as well.

Do you have any answer for me
Reply 14
If anyone knows answers please let me know. I am job less
Original post by Iimon
If anyone knows answers please let me know. I am job less

Me too
HI yeah if u have any answers regarding this please send me
Original post by Brae99
I started straight away, however, they do accommodate students by working around their study times and giving them the evening and night shifts on the days that are at college or university, and/or the day/morning shifts when they have a day off or on the weekends. The working hours are flexible so don't worry about it if you want to work their while studying, they will work around your study times easily :-)

May i know answers for the questions
Reply 18
Original post by Brae99

McDonald’s is planning to take over the world. The owner is the leader of the mafia.
Original post by william1404

can i have the answers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending