4th June: 1HI0 10-12 History Paper 1: Thematic study and historic
environment
8th June: 1HI0 20-29 History Paper 2: Period study and British depth study
12th June: 1HI0 30-33 History Paper 3: Modern depth study

Thoughts? Worries? Tips? Share them all here! :thumbsup:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AshwinDurairaj
Doing Warfare Through Time, Elizabethan England, Cold War and Weimar and Nazi Germany.
So much content, just looking at key points, we got half term at least...

I agree I think that there's too much content to learn given that we only got 1 1/2- 2 years. Warfare through time sounds pretty cool though.
Original post by TotallyWilde
I agree I think that there's too much content to learn given that we only got 1 1/2- 2 years. Warfare through time sounds pretty cool though.

warfare through time is not cool its just ridiculously long and dead
Original post by daniecliff1802
warfare through time is not cool its just ridiculously long and dead

Medicine is tedious but hey I guess it's useful for biology though. What are the rest of your options?
Original post by AshwinDurairaj
I guess all the first choices were extremely long, because after reading Warfare through time I wished we did the medicine one instead :P

Our class had to switch from beginning crime and punishment to medicine since we changed teacher. I wish we were able to stick with it. I think studying for the HE makes paper 1 feel longer than the rest.
The exams for all options are as follows:

environment

I hate history. Enough said.
Reply 6
I am good at the Knowledge based questions but the source utility questions are really hard.
With the exams commencing after half term, I though it would nice to see who else is taking the subject and what particular options their school has chosen. Regardless of the options, don't you agree that there's so much content!!

And is it just me or those purple revision guides are just useless considering they're just so vague and if I try to answer an exam question, there is simply not enough information - and the textbooks are way too bulky!

And finally, what do you think will come up this year in terms of questions - obviously revise everything but do you guys know any topics that have a high probability of coming up?

Good luck to everyone with the exams!!
I'm doing: crime and punishment, cold war + Elizabeth and Weimar Germany. The content is actually too much and is a sheg. for c+p I feel something on law enforcement will come up but other than that I have no idea. I am just lost especially with such shite history teacher. The only good thing about her is that shes peng and makes me hard and horny when talking directly to me. Also the revision guides are just absolutely fuking dreadful like how thefuk do they expect us to remember all this piece of shite. Also, who gives a actual shite about queen Elizabeth.
(edited 5 years ago)
Same topics. C+P is craaaazyyy long tho
I'm doing Super power relations 1945-62, Arab-Israeli conflict 1914-95, Germany 1918-45 and Russia 1914-1924
Ask me a Q
Doing Crime and Punishment through time, Cold war, Elizabeth and Germany and there is so much to learn and so scared that there will be a question i have no clue on and then loose 16 marks.
Just to let you know I have added this to the exam thread directory that you can find here.

Good luck with your exams, I hope the revision is going well! :biggrin:
Original post by Evil Homer
Just to let you know I have added this to the exam thread directory that you can find here.

Good luck with your exams, I hope the revision is going well! :biggrin:

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by anonymous_1947
With the exams commencing after half term, I though it would nice to see who else is taking the subject and what particular options their school has chosen. Regardless of the options, don't you agree that there's so much content!!

And is it just me or those purple revision guides are just useless considering they're just so vague and if I try to answer an exam question, there is simply not enough information - and the textbooks are way too bulky!

And finally, what do you think will come up this year in terms of questions - obviously revise everything but do you guys know any topics that have a high probability of coming up?

Good luck to everyone with the exams!!

At my school, we were advised not to get them since the questions didn't reflect those that we'd get in the exam. Looked at it online and you're right they look pretty bad. I'm not a teacher though but I think either a 16 mark or 12 mark question will be on something relating to a case study and possibly comparing it with something else from that time period.
Original post by blackhound333
I'm doing Super power relations 1945-62, Arab-Israeli conflict 1914-95, Germany 1918-45 and Russia 1914-1924
Ask me a Q

Not going to lie, I've never seen those options before. What do you do for Arab-Israeli?
Reply 16
Is there anybody else doing Spain and the New World for paper 2? starting to feel as though school might be the only ones...

environment

What topics come up for each paper?
Original post by jkid419419
What topics come up for each paper?

It pretty much depends on what your course options are. For example, for paper 1 there are three options:

●10: Crime and punishment in Britain, c1000–present and Whitechapel, c1870–c1900: crime, policing and the inner city.
11: Medicine in Britain, c1250–present and The British sector of the Western Front, 1914–18: injuries, treatment and the trenches.
12: Warfare and British society, c1250–present and London and the Second World War, 1939–45.

For the other 2 papers, it's relatively the same kind of thing just with more options for both.

environment

um on the 4th of june i have medicine through britain. why is mine different have i been revising the wrong subjects??? please can someone reply as soon as possible thank you..

Quick Reply