The Student Room Group

I'm a waiter at an Asian wedding hall - AMA

Ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

OMG I went to my Indian friends wedding and a guy was carrying a tray with so many dishes, he was shaking erratically and it all smashed - I felt soo bad!
Reply 2
Original post by adamantacademic
OMG I went to my Indian friends wedding and a guy was carrying a tray with so many dishes, he was shaking erratically and it all smashed - I felt soo bad!

Yh that happens time to time. One of my friends dropped hot curry on the manger of a hall we were at. I couldn't stop laughing. 😂
Reply 3
Get me a job pls, I hear you can eat + take home great food
Reply 4
Original post by marupe
Get me a job pls, I hear you can eat + take home great food

😂 trust me it's not worth it. You have to work around 6 hours each time you're called in and you get 20 min to eat cold food. You could take food home but you have to ask permission first and use your own containers.
Reply 5
how bad does the wedding hall smell?
Reply 6
Original post by annhole
how bad does the wedding hall smell?

Doesn't smell bad. They regularly clean the main hall but the back and kitchen can smell quite bad during an actual wedding buts that just because of the food being piled on one another.
Reply 7
Original post by Kirby...
Ask me anything.

how much do you get paid?
Reply 8
Original post by yusyus
how much do you get paid?

£5 an hour.
Original post by Kirby...
Ask me anything.

Girl or boy?
Is it generically Asian or mainly used by specific nationalities or religions?

How long do the weddings last?
I was at this Asian wedding once. And I saw this really beautiful female Asian waitress. Asian girls are so much more attractive than British girls.
Reply 12
Original post by Jammie Boomting
Girl or boy?

Boy
Reply 13
Original post by Jammie Boomting
I was at this Asian wedding once. And I saw this really beautiful female Asian waitress. Asian girls are so much more attractive than British girls.

okay 😅
Reply 14
Original post by KittyN
Is it generically Asian or mainly used by specific nationalities or religions?

How long do the weddings last?

Yh it's mostly muslim Asians. If not then it would be used for charity events or birthdays.
Rudest experience?
Reply 16
some wedding halls have some hot waiters ngl
LOOOL i work in one too. I avoid doing shifts as i cant be asked and its not worth it. Get treated like slaves lmaoo.
My cousins husband owns one in the Midlands, looks like a great investment but very stressful for everyone involved, especially waiting and kitchen staff!
Reply 19
Original post by moopmeen
Rudest experience?

Kids Normally act like d*cks but this one group of men came to the weeding an hour after we were serving food and started to complain that the food was cold. They were being rude, saying that they were related to the bride, like I gave a sh*t and tried to complain to my manager. My manager is cool with all of us and he is only a couple years older then me so he just pretended to shout at me and just shoved their food in the microwave and said it was made fresh.

Quick Reply