The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Javeria Asjad
No idea about how many people are having offer. When are you taking UKCAT?

Because I will have to move to Manchester or Bolton in August, I have booked it in September and that way I will have a bit more time to prepare for it. Are u planning to do Access course at Manchester college ?
Original post by MalekAlwaked
Because I will have to move to Manchester or Bolton in August, I have booked it in September and that way I will have a bit more time to prepare for it. Are u planning to do Access course at Manchester college ?

Yeah... I have also applied for HE in medicine at Manchester College..... N UKCAT in September
Reply 42
I have applied there and been accepted I am starting this September. Also booked my UKCAT.
Do have any idea about how many ppl from Manchester college have had offers?

I think a fair few people have been accepted, it's entirely dependant on the quality of your application. As far as I'm aware they don't look upon Access to HE any less favourably than A-levels. I have read a lot of success stories 😊
Original post by NatashaC_
I think a fair few people have been accepted, it's entirely dependant on the quality of your application. As far as I'm aware they don't look upon Access to HE any less favourably than A-levels. I have read a lot of success stories 😊

Yeah. I have heard lots of success stories but all of them from the internet. Manchester college ignored my question regarding how many ppl got offers, but the team leader said " some ppl don't work hard to achieve the grades and end up without offers and fail their applications" .
Not too sure this course, but I am gonna go for it.
By the way what unis are you guys thinking of?
I want to apply to Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle and Leicester as these have huge number of med students and there is a good chance of getting offers at one of them.
Reply 44
Yeah. I have heard lots of success stories but all of them from the internet. Manchester college ignored my question regarding how many ppl got offers, but the team leader said " some ppl don't work hard to achieve the grades and end up without offers and fail their applications" .
I want to apply to Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle and Leicester as these have huge number of med students and there is a good chance of getting offers at one of them.

Yeah I don't think they keep numbers because it is entirely dependant on how hard you work. For Instance some years could have a full class that all work hard and achieve the grades and places and Uni but then the next year a full class could not try hard enough and none of them get places. So, it wouldn't be fair for the college to keep numbers as it's not an accurate reflection of the quality of the course. As I said, it's completely dependant on how hard you're willing to work.

I have also been looking at Manchester and Liverpool, I'm still choosing the other 2.

Manchester, liverpool, Newcastle, Queen Mary .....but I am a bit confused about manchester uni because I don't want to becone a day scholar.... I wanna live in any other city 😅
Yeah I don't think they keep numbers because it is entirely dependant on how hard you work. For Instance some years could have a full class that all work hard and achieve the grades and places and Uni but then the next year a full class could not try hard enough and none of them get places. So, it wouldn't be fair for the college to keep numbers as it's not an accurate reflection of the quality of the course. As I said, it's completely dependant on how hard you're willing to work.

I have also been looking at Manchester and Liverpool, I'm still choosing the other 2.

Manchester, liverpool, Newcastle, Queen Mary .....but I am a bit confused about manchester uni because I don't want to becone a day scholar.... I wanna live in any other city 😅

Fair enough, all unis are alright.
So, what are u going to use to prepare for the UKCAT? / when are you going to start preparing?
Reply 47
So, what are u going to use to prepare for the UKCAT? / when are you going to start preparing?

I've ordered the ISC 1500Qs book from Amazon, I'm going to start doing bits now but I haven't booked my test yet, planning on booking it for the end of August, what about you?

Yesterday, I called uni admissions for info of their UKCAT course.... But it's in London not in Manchester n they give lectuers on Skype n 10 hours lectures rate was 950£ i remember.... N there was an intensive course on 2nd sep in london n it's price was 195£
But I am not gonna apply for this.... Because it's not a live course.... There is another website the medic portal they also have UKACT course in Manchester...
I've ordered the ISC 1500Qs book from Amazon, I'm going to start doing bits now but I haven't booked my test yet, planning on booking it for the end of August, what about you?

I have booked my test for mid of sep..... But haven't started preparing it....
Reply 50
I have booked my test for mid of sep..... But haven't started preparing it....

medley online is supposed to be really good as well
Yesterday, I called uni admissions for info of their UKCAT course.... But it's in London not in Manchester n they give lectuers on Skype n 10 hours lectures rate was 950£ i remember.... N there was an intensive course on 2nd sep in london n it's price was 195£
But I am not gonna apply for this.... Because it's not a live course.... There is another website the medic portal they also have UKACT course in Manchester...

My UKCAT test is booked in September. I have bought a book called " ukcat guide 1200 questions 2017". However, using books won't be very effective since the exam is on computer. I am going to buy access to an online ukcat videos, practice and mock exams at a website called "medify" here is the link: https://www.medify.co.uk/ukcat
It is quite good and friends who did their exam last year recommended it, also you study at your pace at home.

Ooo.... I haven't heard about this.... I have followed some of medical pages on fb so get info from there.... I will search for this also
My UKCAT test is booked in September. I have bought a book called " ukcat guide 1200 questions 2017". However, using books won't be very effective since the exam is on computer. I am going to buy access to an online ukcat videos, practice and mock exams at a website called "medify" here is the link: https://www.medify.co.uk/ukcat
It is quite good and friends who did their exam last year recommended it, also you study at your pace at home.

Ooo.... Thank you.... I will search for it also.... When are you starting your preparation??
Reply 54

Sorry I meant Medify, stupid auto correct!
Sorry I meant Medify, stupid auto correct!

Ooo 😂😂ook
I've also applied for this course,I sent my application off 6 weeks ago and other than an acknowledgement letter haven't heard anything since, How long did you guys wait till being offered an interview?
Original post by Simona33
I've also applied for this course,I sent my application off 6 weeks ago and other than an acknowledgement letter haven't heard anything since, How long did you guys wait till being offered an interview?

Oooo.... Can't remember..... But you can call them n ask them

Are you gonna apply for medicine or other medical courses like dentistry, pharmacy etc.?

Basically, I have not had an interview. I only recieved a letter that is conditional offer till I bring my GCSE results.

Latest