The Student Room Group

A-level Retakes

Can I retake whilst at uni? I have an unconditional, but am scared I am going to still get bad grades. I know I will be depressed If I do bad, so Is there any point in retakes after going to Uni?
There's nothing stopping you from retaking your A levels if you can pay for it. I've heard it's pretty expensive though, especially with coursework involved. The cheapest I could find was around £200-£300 for ONE A Level. Taking three would likely cost you at least £900. Besides isn't a degree with more then A levels? I don't think anyone will care if you got Cs in A Level if you have a good degree unless your planning on a different post grad degree.
Reply 2
Original post by RP990
Can I retake whilst at uni? I have an unconditional, but am scared I am going to still get bad grades. I know I will be depressed If I do bad, so Is there any point in retakes after going to Uni?

I think so? I’ve heard that my mates mate which both of them go to the same University, retook chemistry module (the old spec)... even tho it wouldnt make much of a difference to him as he’s doing what he likes. he wanted to do medicine at first, but didnt get what he wanted now does biomed.
Reply 3
Of course you can mate dont stress your only making life **** for your self, just calm down do the best you can do and if you dont do too well yes you can retake like im doing now theres no big deal no one cares if your gonna retake or not. Its a good sign thag your thinking like that as it shows you care. And yh it right if your applying to post grad like me then your probably have too. For eg medicine😬
Reply 4
Original post by Yukio.X
Of course you can mate dont stress your only making life **** for your self, just calm down do the best you can do and if you dont do too well yes you can retake like im doing now theres no big deal no one cares if your gonna retake or not. Its a good sign thag your thinking like that as it shows you care. And yh it right if your applying to post grad like me then your probably have too. For eg medicine😬

This may sound stupid, but what do you mean by post-grad? Sorry If it's a dumb question.
Reply 5
Original post by RP990

Yes you can, but you would have to retake them somewhere else, not at your university.

And there being "any point" depends on how "bad" and what you plan to do after university. In most cases your degree is more important than your A-levels.

But you might have the option of resitting at your old school - it would be much cheaper than being a private candidate at a different exam centre.

Quick Reply

Latest