The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Cognitive Neuroscience

I really like research about human brain. I live in London and really like to stay here for study. But UCL ,Kings College and high ranking unis do not accept me as i tried before. The only option is Westminster, MidSex and Goldsmith. I donno what to do. Honestly i dont want to wast time and life and after just regret about unis Ranking! I see Sussex got a really good projects in Cognitive and Neuroscience but i want to stay in London. Does it really the case where i get my Degree. Also has anyone finish Psychology Neuroscience in GoldSmith, is there a good ground in there for this field?
I really fed up!!!
Hey there,

It's true, we're not quite as highly regarded as those universities. What I can vouch for is that at Goldsmiths you'd get a BPS accredited programme, a department where all staff members teach, and where undergraduate students have been included and involved in published research projects.

Furthermore, if you apply for and gain a place on one of the work placement programmes (an extra year), you could be graduating with a good degree *and* relevant experience in the field. If you are interested in working in this field in the long-term that could be more valuable than psychology degrees in some of the most reputable universities.
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Original post by Goldsmiths, University of London
Hey there,

It's true, we're not quite as highly regarded as those universities. What I can vouch for is that at Goldsmiths you'd get a BPS accredited programme, a department where all staff members teach, and where undergraduate students have been included and involved in published research projects.

Furthermore, if you apply for and gain a place on one of the work placement programmes (an extra year), you could be graduating with a good degree *and* relevant experience in the field. If you are interested in working in this field in the long-term that could be more valuable than psychology degrees in some of the most reputable universities.

Hi there,

I will study MSc cognitive and clinical neuroscience at Goldsmiths this year. However i did not find this programme as being accredited by the BPS in their website. also, you mentioned that there is the possibility of applying for a work placement programme. could you please explain more? is the work placement programme for msc cognitive clinical neuroscience students? Thanks.
Hi there,

The BPS accreditation and the work placement apply to our BSc programmes in psychology.

I'm not actually sure about the MSc programmes. I recommend contacting the department about that! https://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/msc-cognitive-clinical-neuroscience/

Original post by Jessica759565
Hi there,

I will study MSc cognitive and clinical neuroscience at Goldsmiths this year. However i did not find this programme as being accredited by the BPS in their website. also, you mentioned that there is the possibility of applying for a work placement programme. could you please explain more? is the work placement programme for msc cognitive clinical neuroscience students? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending