The Student Room Group

[Exam Jam] Geography ALL DAY Revision Thread

Hallllloooooo Geographers!:woo:

It's Geography exam Jam today, so here's the ALL DAY revision thread for Geography.

Start: 12:00 1st June
Finish: 12:00 2nd June

Let's smash this subject out of the park.:dumbells:

We won't be running sessions at set times, so you can structure your study day to whatever works best for you, and though it's an all day revision thread, there's no expectation to study all day. It's important to make sure you are taking breaks and enjoying some of the nice weather too, since it is a holiday after all.

If you get stuck with a past paper question when you're revising, or there's that one topic you really just can't get your head around, you can post your questions in this thread for other students to answer

Explaining things to others can be really beneficial to your own understanding too

What are you revising?

How's it going?

Is there anything you are worried about?

Also of interest...
The Geography case studies thread.

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Don't know too much about Geography, but I am interested in it. So i will be around all day asking very stupid questions and giving moral support in the form of emojis.

:groovy::groovy::groovy:
Reply 2
Literally been waiting for this one all week!
I’m doing Edexcel and because it’s a new syllabus there are no past papers so it’s hard to work out where you are.!
Reply 3
gcse geography is so boring but I want an A :s
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5402774

Thread about revising for case studies here ^
Original post by G1na
I’m doing Edexcel and because it’s a new syllabus there are no past papers so it’s hard to work out where you are.!

Loads of students are suffering because of the number of new syllabuses all over the place, I would try your best, I imagine these issues will show themselves in the grade boundaries :smile:
Original post by G1na
Yes, any new syllabus is difficult and everyone else is facing that, so you're not alone!:redface:

It's about sticking as close as you can to the specification I guess.:redface:

Original post by Keslo
gcse geography is so boring but I want an A :s
I felt the same, you can get there!
Reply 7
I don,t do geography thank god
THIS JUST IN :woo:

Straight from the clever dudes at AQA, here are some guides on how to revise for GCSE and A Level geography...:crazy:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/gcse/fast-revision-tips-for-aqa-gcse-geography

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/a-level/fast-revision-tips-for-aqa-a-level-geography
is this for GCSE or A level? I'm doing AQA A level and my exam is this Monday
Original post by lucieannwhite

It's for both, come join in, help each other out and share the knowledge!
Original post by Evil Homer
Loads of students are suffering because of the number of new syllabuses all over the place, I would try your best, I imagine these issues will show themselves in the grade boundaries :smile:

yeah, AQA is a new syllabus as well :frown:
Both. :biggrin:

How are you feeling about the exam?:redface:
Reply 13
Original post by 04MR17
THIS JUST IN :woo:

Straight from the clever dudes at AQA, here are some guides on how to revise for GCSE and A Level geography...:crazy:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/gcse/fast-revision-tips-for-aqa-gcse-geography

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/a-level/fast-revision-tips-for-aqa-a-level-geography

Do you think I could use this for Edexcel?
Original post by G1na
Do you think I could use this for Edexcel?
The advice will be applicable yes.:yep: There will be slight differences in assessment objectives and a slight difference perhaps in the way they ask you questions in the exam. But the revision itself shouldn't change a great deal.
Original post by 04MR17
Both. :biggrin:

How are you feeling about the exam?:redface:

stressed. I've got 48 case studies to learn on top of theory :frown:
:cry2: Oh no.:redface:

It will be okay. You wi survive this.:heart:
❤❤ thankyou i hope so
Reply 18

48 CASE STUDIES!
Are you sure all of them are necessary? I’ve only got like 3-4 big ones per topic.
Sure I have been given way more over the last 2 years but I’m not going to use them all
Original post by G1na
48 CASE STUDIES!
Are you sure all of them are necessary? I’ve only got like 3-4 big ones per topic.
Sure I have been given way more over the last 2 years but I’m not going to use them all

i have 15 that are directly written on the spec and another 20 that are suggested on the spec. the rest i need to access top grades (to give me detail for 20 markers)
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending