The Student Room Group

Higher Politics 2017-18

Predictions for the Higher politics exam this year ?
:bump:

Must be some others here doing Higher Politics?!
Reply 2
Original post by Apinky99
Predictions for the Higher politics exam this year ?

Probably might be a 20 Marker in Political Theory.
Reply 3
I was thinking power, authority and legitimacy
Reply 4
I was thinking power, authority and legitimacy

The Comparison between them could be the 20 Marker. What have you been doing for revision?
Reply 5
Different essays - learning them
Thinking unit 1 - ideologies has come up 2 years in a row so guessing PLA and democracy

Unit 2 - the executive and the judiciary

Unit 3 - a voting behaviour theory and a campaign strategies (maybe traditional since that’s not come up) dominant ideas has come up 2 years in a row , don’t think it would come up again
Reply 6
Different essays - learning them
Thinking unit 1 - ideologies has come up 2 years in a row so guessing PLA and democracy

Unit 2 - the executive and the judiciary

Unit 3 - a voting behaviour theory and a campaign strategies (maybe traditional since that’s not come up) dominant ideas has come up 2 years in a row , don’t think it would come up again

I Agree with you.
Reply 7
Anybody got a Judiciary essay or at least some notes/key points I could use when writing one?
Reply 8
How's everyone's revision going?
What Questions could come up for Judiciary, and does anyone have notes/ plans on it? Thanks
Reply 10
Original post by smithy536
What Questions could come up for Judiciary, and does anyone have notes/ plans on it? Thanks

I'm doing the other 3 essays in that section and since it came up last year I'm hopeful that will be okay.
Reply 11
What essays are you predicting for the third section, I'm unsure about the voting models essays if the question asks about a certain model is it okay to mention others and compare?
Reply 12
I would study dominos ideas and campaign strategies for unit 3 !!
Reply 13
I would study dominos ideas and campaign strategies for unit 3 !!

Is that some inside info :wink:. The thing about doing campaign strategies is that it's almost like doing 3 separate essays: Traditional, Modern and Media.
Reply 14
Is everyone thinking that the 20 market is going to be political theory on power, authority and legitimacy? Or democracy
Think democracy is going to come up and one comparing Weber and Lukes like the one in 2016 specimen paper
Is everyone thinking that the 20 market is going to be political theory on power, authority and legitimacy? Or democracy
Reply 16

I certainly hope so, my knowledge of section one is far better than section 2.
Hope the exam goes well for you all this afternoon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending