The Student Room Group

Home Office AO Roles in Sheffield

Hello everyone:smile:

I have recently applied for the Home Office Administrative Officer (UK Visa & Immigration,Immigration & Protection, Family Human Rights Unit) position in Sheffield.

I have been invited to complete an assessment and I am wondering if anyone else has any advice for me?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I've also applied for this post and already had my assessment done couple of weeks ago , they will give you case studies to read then you will have to answer the questions which I found pretty straight forward , make sure you read your case studies properly, after that they will let u know the results, I was successful at the assessment so they asked me to wait for the interview, but then they called me just after 5 mins for the interview , and to be honest interview wasn't difficult neither just the two very friendly interviwers who asked me the competency delivering at pace and only lasted less then 5 mins lol just be confident and don't panic , after the interview this guy took me back in the room then called me again after 2 mins to tell me that I was successful :smile: had to fill this form after that and they also copied my documents, I know they doing assessments till 21st of April so fingers crossed after that I hear some good news :smile: just be calm and positive on the day and try not to panic you will be fine then, hope it helps Good luck :smile: Ehty
Reply 2
Hi Ehty, thank you for your reply=)

I also been successful!
Reply 3
Original post by Corellian
Hi Ehty, thank you for your reply=)

I also been successful!

Congratulations :smile: let us know if the status change on civil service website, I'll do the same !
Was this by any chance the... “Work, Study & Premium (WSP), Family and Human Rights Operations and UK International - Decision Makers and Entry Clearance Assistants” role you applied for
Reply 5
Hi Frankie34,

Original post by Frankie34
Was this by any chance the... “Work, Study & Premium (WSP), Family and Human Rights Operations and UK International - Decision Makers and Entry Clearance Assistants” role you applied for

We applied for UK Visas & Immigration, Immigration & Protection, Family Human Rights Unit Administrative Officer Operational Delivery posts”.
Hi Frankie34,

We applied for UK Visas & Immigration, Immigration & Protection, Family Human Rights Unit Administrative Officer Operational Delivery posts”.

Ahh ok I see, Good Luck!
Reply 7
Hi, I also applied for this role, has anyone heard anything about provisional offers?
Reply 8
Original post by Jflmz
Hi, I also applied for this role, has anyone heard anything about provisional offers?

Unfortunately not yet:/
Reply 9
Unfortunately not yet:/

it's taking quite some time, do you remember the day you had your interview? I hope we get to know very soon!
Reply 10
Original post by Jflmz
it's taking quite some time, do you remember the day you had your interview?!

7th April 2018 a long time ago:wink:
Reply 11
Hey guys, I applied for this role late February and had my assessment centre on the 24th March where I was successful. I just looked at the Civil Service Jobs Website today and I've got a provisional offer!
Reply 12
Original post by LR123
Hey guys, I applied for this role late February and had my assessment centre on the 24th March where I was successful. I just looked at the Civil Service Jobs Website today and I've got a provisional offer!

Congrats:smile:

I am on reserve list.
Reply 13

I hope you get offered a job soon. I remember them saying that they're looking to make future appointments after the initial phase so I hope the best for you.
Reply 14
Original post by LR123

I hope you get offered a job soon. I remember them saying that they're looking to make future appointments after the initial phase so I hope the best for you.

Thanks, :smile:

Do you know when is your starting date?
Reply 15
Not yet.

I think I've got to do the pre-employment checks first and then I should hopefully find out a start date.
have you received your start date yet?
Reply 17
Original post by lorenmariex
have you received your start date yet?

Not yet unfortunately. I emailed them and they said it could take up to eight weeks to complete the checks and it has only been three weeks since I received the provisional offer.
Original post by LR123
Not yet unfortunately. I emailed them and they said it could take up to eight weeks to complete the checks and it has only been three weeks since I received the provisional offer.

8 weeks?! So long! I’m glad it’s not just me then, I’ve also received a provisional offer 3 weeks ago and sent my forms off straight away but they didn’t seem to receive them so they emailed me a couple of days ago asking me to resend them. So I take it that it will be 8 weeks from then.
Reply 19
Original post by lorenmariex
8 weeks?! So long! I’m glad it’s not just me then, I’ve also received a provisional offer 3 weeks ago and sent my forms off straight away but they didn’t seem to receive them so they emailed me a couple of days ago asking me to resend them. So I take it that it will be 8 weeks from then.

I know! Sorry to hear, that's really unlucky. I hope for you it will still be eight weeks from when you got the provisional offer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending