The Student Room Group

all 9s at gcse

random question: to people currently in yr 11 and those that have already done them, hard do u guys think it would be to get all 9s- is it a realistic target?
i got one 7 five 8s and four 9s in mocks which is pretty good but i just feel i could and should achieve more in the actual thing (which i havent started properly revising for yet lol)
I think it's possible (I'm in year 11 too) and aiming for all 9s+A* M.
Reply 2
Original post by suf1.
random question: to people currently in yr 11 and those that have already done them, hard do u guys think it would be to get all 9s- is it a realistic target?
i got one 7 five 8s and four 9s in mocks which is pretty good but i just feel i could and should achieve more in the actual thing (which i havent started properly revising for yet lol)

Yeah, if u put in the effort but if ur 7 is a language may be tough
Reply 3
Original post by thekidwhogames
I think it's possible (I'm in year 11 too) and aiming for all 9s+A* M.

started revising?
Reply 4
It’s hard to know for sure because no one knows exactly what a 9 is but with your grades I reckon if anyone can get them you can!!
Having taken GCSEs last year and talking to current Y11s at my school I think it is possible.

But I remember someone from the government said something last year that only 2 people in the whole country would "get lucky" and get all 9s in their GCSEs. I think only 2,000 people out of everyone last year got all 9s in Maths and both Englishes.
Reply 6
hopefully it is possible but i do not believe that is a realistic target for,even, the elite. i wish you all the best but do not get your hopes up. It will be very hard for someone to take all their exams to the best of their ability in that stressful time. just try your best and i hope you get there. however if things do not work out as well then do not be disappointed. i have lost all hope especially since i took music and there are plenty of music ***** who spend 3 hours a day studying music and therefore the chances of me getting a 9 are near impossible i shall be extremely grateful with a 7 but im aiming for an 8 fingers crossed (btw the grade boundaries predicted by music teachers suggest that 88% will be a 8 and 96% a 9 in music) ahhh why is life like this who knows but i think i got a 9 in my coursework hopefully i may be able to get an 8?????????????
Reply 7
Original post by deniz138
hopefully it is possible but i do not believe that is a realistic target for,even, the elite. i wish you all the best but do not get your hopes up. It will be very hard for someone to take all their exams to the best of their ability in that stressful time. just try your best and i hope you get there. however if things do not work out as well then do not be disappointed. i have lost all hope especially since i took music and there are plenty of music ***** who spend 3 hours a day studying music and therefore the chances of me getting a 9 are near impossible i shall be extremely grateful with a 7 but im aiming for an 8 fingers crossed (btw the grade boundaries predicted by music teachers suggest that 88% will be a 8 and 96% a 9 in music) ahhh why is life like this who knows but i think i got a 9 in my coursework hopefully i may be able to get an 8?????????????

96% for a 9! that's mental

good luck :smile: you'll do well
Reply 8
Original post by suf1.

thank you i hope you will too
thank you i hope you will too

Welcome back to TSR:biggrin:
You could get all 9's but it's not a realistic goal. If you get at least 2 9's, that's just beyond amazing. Tbh, I'm not that keen in the new 9-1 system, only because they separate the A* grade into level 8 and level 9. It somewhat tells students that even though you achieved an A*, you haven't got the highest possible grade. Getting an 8 should be an incredible achievement. These grade 9's do put some students down if they don't achieve it.
Reply 11
Original post by suf1.

in last years GCSE's only 2000 people got three 9's I think I saw that somewhere
Reply 12

FIRE BUN MUSIC.
only 1 person from our whole class took music for 6th form
Original post by chelseagirl2002
You could get all 9's but it's not a realistic goal. If you get at least 2 9's, that's just beyond amazing. Tbh, I'm not that keen in the new 9-1 system, only because they separate the A* grade into level 8 and level 9. It somewhat tells students that even though you achieved an A*, you haven't got the highest possible grade. Getting an 8 should be an incredible achievement. These grade 9's do put some students down if they don't achieve it.

ur fit
Original post by suf1.

Original post by suf1.

When I was sitting them I thought no, now, maybe. It's probably possible. You just need time and luck. :smile:
96% for a 9! It was more like 70% :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest