because they are thickos
Reply 3
because they are smart asses
Original post by tyryer
because they are smart asses

are igcses harder?
Original post by Bookaddict02
are igcses harder?

The English iGCSE is certainly easier. When schools realised this they soon switched in the hope of students getting higher grades, and over a third of students in England didn't do a proper GCSE. After a few years the government finally cotttoned on and took iGCSE's out of school league tables.
Original post by Lit teacher
The English iGCSE is certainly easier. When schools realised this they soon switched in the hope of students getting higher grades, and over a third of students in England didn't do a proper GCSE. After a few years the government finally cotttoned on and took iGCSE's out of school league tables.

ah, right i see. That makes sense. Thanks
Btw are you actually a teacher? An Eng lit teacher comes to my mind.
Normally it's an attempt by private schools to subvert exam reforms. State schools would not do so because they are not included in league tables.
Original post by _gcx
Normally it's an attempt by private schools to subvert exam reforms. State schools would not do so because they are not included in league tables.

From what i am aware state chools are included in the gcse league tables....
From what i am aware state chools are included in the gcse league tables....

Sorry if I made it unclear, I mean that iGCSEs are not considered in league tables.
Original post by _gcx
Sorry if I made it unclear, I mean that iGCSEs are not considered in league tables.

oh right, okay. Yeah thats true majority of the schools that do IGCSE are private.
oh right, okay. Yeah thats true majority of the schools that do IGCSE are private.

Also, state schools do not get funding for CIE iGCSEs. I'm not sure if this is also the case for Edexcel iGCSEs.

Btw are you actually a teacher? An Eng lit teacher comes to my mind.

Yes, not a very original choice of name, but it hopefully avoids confusion
IGCSEs are linear, so perfect for private candidates and other people who cannot regularly go to school for any reason ( insert suitable reason here). As GCSEs are modular, it’s kind of hard to do it when you don’t go to school regularly.
IGCSEs are generally harder for most subjects and are easier to fail in. Think about it, the exams you write at the end of year 11 is everything and most subjects typically don’t have coursework. So if you don’t work or fall ill in the exam month, you’ll fail.
However English is usually easier. I did IGCSE FLE 0500 from CAIE ( formerly CIE ) and it was easier than the GCSE english my friends did. For starters, no literary stuff like quotes and analysis. You get everything you need in the insert. You can type IGCSE FLE in google and click on the first link from Cambridge to learn more.
Honestly , paper 2 question 2 was a pointless mark scoring exercise ( identify and explain for powerful words or phrases and their effects )
Cheers !
are igcses harder?

Yes things gets harder and even more harder and more as time moves on
why do some people do internationalgcses eventhough they are living in the UK?
I Know its coz their school offers it to them...but why? wouldnt it be better to do gcses

IGCSE maths does not have a non-calculator paper - you have a calculator for both exam papers. This suits many students who don't need to refresh their arithmetic skills.

IGCSE science subjects do not have a practical assessment
IGCSE English doesn't have the spoken language assessment
Other IGCSE don't have a coursework component and are fully assessed by exam
making all of them more suitable for private candidates and reducing the workload on teachers in public schools who don't have to support them or mark them.
Original post by Lit teacher

CIE ENGLISH or igcse english in general??