The Student Room Group

A-level Psychology AQA 2018 - the DEADLY June 4th

Hey everyone! 😊

Are you a A2 psychology student studying for paper 1 on June 4th, Monday? I just wanted to open a general chat room for it

How's your revision going?
What are you prioritising?
What are you struggling with?
How much are you studying?
What motivates you to study?
Any tips you could share for other psychology students?
Are you stressed?
Are you feeling ready?
What do you do in your free time?
In what ways are you ensuring the potential best grade and mindset?
Predictions?

Tell me everything! 😁
I have a feeling that Animal studies, Bowlby, Ainsworth and the Orphan studies might come up for attachment
Hi, I'm studying psychology and aiming for a B. I'm finding it hard to get every bit of information revised and im slightly worried that there is a lot of AO3 knowledge that i need to know as i struggle with remembering it all.
Reply 3
Original post by annahopcroftx
Hi, I'm studying psychology and aiming for a B. I'm finding it hard to get every bit of information revised and im slightly worried that there is a lot of AO3 knowledge that i need to know as i struggle with remembering it all.

Draw draw draw!! You don't have to be good at drawing, just creative! 😊 It helps my memory so much more. I pretty much remember 100% of the material everytime I draw it.

For example if you need to remember Bowlby's 44 thieves study. Draw what first comes to mind when you here 'Bowlby'. For me, I think of a 'bulb'. Then I would draw a thief stealing a bulb from the Child Guidance Clinic, etc. All of these images of my drawings come to mind and I can write my whole entire answer with ease!

Remember to draw big, do lots of colours, try to combine as many details as you can into one singular drawing (Chunking). Also try to draw something that mentally comes to mind as any imagine in every single word that has any sort of visual meaning. (Cue recall!!). So so effective!!!

Good luck 😊💗
I’m feeling dead and sick of this subject lol. I’ve memorised and revised quite a lot of paper 1 topics but now I need to brush up on research methods (the worst and most boring topic ever) :frown: at this point I just want to pass lol
(edited 5 years ago)
How's your revision going? Not nearly as productive as I'd like to be
What are you prioritising? AO3 of papers 1 and 3 and I will prioritise bio between paper 1 and 2
What are you struggling with? Bio, the amount of A2 studies I'm not confident in, structuring issues and debates essays, fear of failure etc
How much are you studying? 2-3 hours a day of psychology
What motivates you to study? Uni entry requirements
Any tips you could share for other psychology students? Don't do Baddeley :wink:
Are you stressed? Get bouts of awful stress and then times where I feel probably too fine
Are you feeling ready? I feel like I'm more ready than I'm letting myself think
What do you do in your free time? Sleep or look at social media (although decided to deactivate Facebook and Twitter a while back- they're too distracting)
In what ways are you ensuring the potential best grade and mindset? Trying to stay calm and tell myself this is a way to prove myself to the uni and I can only do my best I guess
Predictions? Really not sure!

If anyone has any advice please share... It's a struggle but a couple of weeks and it'll all be over! agh
Reply 6
How's your revision going? Hahahahah... yeah no it isn't really 'going anywhere' apart from on the floor atm xD
What are you prioritising? Attachment and Psychopathology are where I need to look over the content because I remember pretty much nothing...
What are you struggling with? Finding the motivation, as well as, the little fiddly questions where you either know it or you don't...
How much are you studying? maybe 30 minutes a day if I do? i know, how bad is that :frown:
What motivates you to study? currently nothing because I get stressed over how much i have left to do and then procrastinate to stop the stress but it goes in a cycle -.-
Any tips you could share for other psychology students? Read through the whole paper first, sometimes they answer their own question later or it gives you a cue for a previous question <3
Are you stressed? Yes, no, who bloody knows?
Are you feeling ready? Uhhhh no xD
What do you do in your free time? Procrastinate <3
In what ways are you ensuring the potential best grade and mindset? Ummmm....does sleeping count? xD
Predictions? Not a clue, sorry <3
I honestly cant say how my revisions going it could be going well one minute and absolutely **** the next hehe. Im doing it topic by topic and i find i struggle with remembering certain case studies idk if anyone else is like this but i am stressed af. The one thing id recommend is doing 16 mark essay plans they actually really helped me remember some key things for the memory topic. 😁
Predictions: idrk but im planning have a look at the 2017 paper and see what came up then. What came up in that is probably less likely to come up again this year
I have a lot more faith in paper 1 than I do in paper 2 don't even get me started on paper 3 ;(
Original post by midknightxo
I have a lot more faith in paper 1 than I do in paper 2 don't even get me started on paper 3 ;(

Lool i have more faith in paper 2 than 1 and hell nah for paper 3
Original post by Lani_5678
Lool i have more faith in paper 2 than 1 and hell nah for paper 3

girlll haha paper 2 has its own research methods section wtf that's so evil :frown:( I'm not even gonna look at it till closer to the paper like seriously haha and I know the Approaches but struggle a bit with Biopsychology :frown:
Tbh i dont mind research methods and i do A level bio so i find biopsychology quite calm i just gotta look over approaches. So out of the 3 papers i gotta say 2 is the one im most confident in 😂
Good luck guys!!
Reply 14
how did everyone find the aqa psychology paper 1?
Reply 15
Original post by abby999
how did everyone find the aqa psychology paper 1?

I think it went a lot better than I expected :smile: I'm proud of myself honestly! I did the best I could and I feel good about it. What about you?? 😊💗
Reply 16
Does anyone remember any questions that came up in the AQA A Level Psychology Paper 1 and Paper 2? X

Quick Reply

Latest