The Student Room Group

Grade 9 Geometry/Algebra Problem

Hey everyone I'm back with another question :u: (hopefully it's as good as my others). I hope you like it and can give me feedback below. Feel free to attempt in and please spoiler your answers. This is aimed at Grade 9 students but anyone is welcome. I'd probably give it 7 marks because it's slightly lengthy. This question is calculator. Anyways I hope you enjoy and have a great day! :hello:

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Y11_Maths
Hey everyone I'm back with another question :u: (hopefully it's as good as my others). I hope you like it and can give me feedback below. Feel free to attempt in and please spoiler your answers. This is aimed at Grade 9 students but anyone is welcome. I'd probably give it 7 marks because it's slightly lengthy. This question is calculator. Anyways I hope you enjoy and have a great day! :hello:

Not sure but is it these?

Spoiler

Original post by 3pointonefour
Not sure but is it these?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'll get there in the end :biggrin:
I'll get there in the end :biggrin:

Perseverance is key. Side note: It also took me longer to find the angle because I couldn’t spot it haha. I was bashing myself in the head because I couldn’t find it for ages lol
(edited 5 years ago)
Perseverance is key. Side note: It also took me longer to find the angle because I couldn’t spot it haha. I was bashing myself in the head because I couldn’t find it for ages lol

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edit: If you think about it, if both methods are legitimate, can ask the student to find both possible value of angle BCD? Which would make it better lol
(edited 5 years ago)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edit: If you think about it, if both methods are legitimate, can ask the student to find both possible value of angle BCD? Which would make it better lol

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Can someone please explain this to me? I've been getting 8s and 9s but I've never seen a question as bad as this - thank you!
Original post by IReckonItsDanyal
as bad as this

Haha.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest