The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I thought u said Visual Studio.... lol nvm I have nothing to offer here..

Isn't modeling normally done on Instagram nowadays?
Original post by Annw88
Hi joanna can you update us how did it go? If you dont mind?

Hi I got to the final 3 off the walkers commercial but didn't get the job.. I went and had a pre casting I think they called it.. if I would of got the part I would of been paid around £3500 see if I get anything else I also met the other 2 people who went for the walkers pre casting and the person that got it was in same boat as me.
Original post by JoannaJane22
Hey Guys, I was just writing about a recent experience I had with visual studios... I applied to be a model, I was shortlisted and invited for photoshoot. Its was £50 deposit but as they say they cover the cost of photoshoot I didn't mind paying as refundable. The day was about 4 hours I had hair, make-up and fashion guide. Really nice staff made me feel good about myself. I was surprised when they told me I was successful as I felt a little bit anxious as I'm not 100% confident like I used to be but I was over the moon! I was offered a portfolio for really cheap £299 and I could pay on interest free finance !!! (My last model portfolio 6 years ago cost my mum £1500 for a very similar package with a different comampy when I was younger nothing come of it as I was at school and didn't want to carry on as I had GCSE'S)
I have now paid for my portfolio and heard from 7 different agencies who work along side of visual studios asking to take me on looking for paid work.... Im so excited I have just been put forward for a TV advert and a fashion magazine... Eeekkk. Will update if I get paid work :smile:

Hey are you still having a good experience with them and what agencies contacted you? I’ve recently just signed up with visual studios and I’ve seen comments on them being a scam so thought I’d ask you? :smile: x
I’d of kind of like to know the same
I applied for a modelling job with Vogue... still haven't heard back. I know they will contact me soon though :biggrin:
I've just started modelling did the test shoot at visual studios and got through. I paid 2,400 out my savings I'm a male 22 years old just hope it's not a scam!!
Hey Guys, I was just writing about a recent experience I had with visual studios... I applied to be a model, I was shortlisted and invited for photoshoot. Its was £50 deposit but as they say they cover the cost of photoshoot I didn't mind paying as refundable. The day was about 4 hours I had hair, make-up and fashion guide. Really nice staff made me feel good about myself. I was surprised when they told me I was successful as I felt a little bit anxious as I'm not 100% confident like I used to be but I was over the moon! I was offered a portfolio for really cheap £299 and I could pay on interest free finance !!! (My last model portfolio 6 years ago cost my mum £1500 for a very similar package with a different comampy when I was younger nothing come of it as I was at school and didn't want to carry on as I had GCSE'S)
I have now paid for my portfolio and heard from 7 different agencies who work along side of visual studios asking to take me on looking for paid work.... Im so excited I have just been put forward for a TV advert and a fashion magazine... Eeekkk. Will update if I get paid work

Hi

Just wondered how you have got on since, I recently took my daughter and have had the same response from them. We have been approached by 8 different agencies but feel very unsure how to know its all legit?
I’m in exactly the same boat as you. I’ve just signed up through the model factory and I’m really nervous about it being a scam. Have you got an update on anything please
Original post by Amzadams_
Hey are you still having a good experience with them and what agencies contacted you? I’ve recently just signed up with visual studios and I’ve seen comments on them being a scam so thought I’d ask you? :smile: x

Have you had any response? Was is worth while

Spoiler

Hi Joanna!Do you mind if I ask how many photos it was?
Original post by Georgie-1995

Hello yes after my shoot I have been contacted by agencies and casting agencies so at the moment it looks all good? :smile:
Any updates??
Original post by yoruba king
i've just started modelling did the test shoot at visual studios and got through. I paid 2,400 out my savings i'm a male 22 years old just hope it's not a scam!!

you have been scammed unfortunatley

joanne on here woks for them

she is a scammer too
Reply 34
I applied for my daughter through junction 8 and I got a call from miles but had to pay 50 pound deposit wich I didn’t I went on to look at reviews for junction 8 turns out they Cnt be found so I’m guessing they have changed their name, as I tried to find the studio but couldn’t so I got a text saying last day to pay and etc I click on the link n surprisingly miles forgot to tell me what visual studios was, anywhoo there also 300 pounds that I’d have to pay for portfolios. On further investigation IS MILES AWARE THIS IS AGAINST THE LAW, he told me About other success stories and as I’m applying for my daughter he told me about successful children so I googled them n they didn’t exist for me that’s alarmbells, I explained that my daughter already has a portfolio as she been modelling before but he said I still had to pay so no they ain’t getting a penny out of me
Hi I’m interested to know more about your modelling review on Manchester visual studios has I’ve had a woman called Natasha call me and another Lauren I’ve just read your saying that her names not Lauren it’s Nikita do they really get u paid modelling work or just trick you to paying for portfolio Helen
Original post by Georgie-1995

Original post by Amzadams_
Hello yes after my shoot I have been contacted by agencies and casting agencies so at the moment it looks all good? :smile:

I’ve now been to London to meet an agency face to face (how your meant to do it as over the phone is not professional and more of a scam) and I signed to the agency just at the weekend and I’ll you know more soon on if it’s worth it but so far I’m happy :smile:
hey ive now got a extra job in corrie Manchester ... so excited :smile:
im going on corrie next month as an extra now so excited :smile:
Reply 39
I have now paid for my portfolio and heard from 7 different agencies who work along side of visual studios asking to take me on looking for paid work.... Im so excited I have just been put forward for a TV advert and a fashion magazine... Eeekkk. Will update if I get paid work

Ohhh scammers ... Nice try everywhere in internet talking about u and ur scam tactics ( visual studio, model factory, kube studio, model station soooo many names) but we know it's just u guys... So one among u is Joanna. Just trying u pretend u r good. But we are so many filed complaint against u. Sooner u r going to shutdown. Wait u idiots.

Latest