The Student Room Group

Cambridge Language Online assessment 2018

Hi. I'm from China. I got a conditional offer, but I have to take online assessment because of my IELTS writing is 6.5 (Required 7 band). I had an assessment yesterday but did so worst in my opinion. Hadn't known the question before was suck, and I thought I did a little bit more than 3 hours (just more than 5 mins). I am too worry! cannot get sleep all days! So, wannna ask whether anyone got "REFUSE" for this assessment?I hope they give me an option either pre or in sessional course.Thx u so much

Scroll to see replies

Original post by poppychanel
Hi. I'm from China. I got a conditional offer, but I have to take online assessment because of my IELTS writing is 6.5 (Required 7 band). I had an assessment yesterday but did so worst in my opinion. Hadn't known the question before was suck, and I thought I did a little bit more than 3 hours (just more than 5 mins). I am too worry! cannot get sleep all days! So, wannna ask whether anyone got "REFUSE" for this assessment?I hope they give me an option either pre or in sessional course.Thx u so much

Not sure if it was online assessment but I know a few cases where the offers were revoked because of missing language requirements.

Hi, a day after I did the assessment, someone from the language center emailed to schedule a phone conversation. You might get that option too. Worst case, you can do IELTS or TOEFL once again, right? I don't think its too late. Also I'm sure its not a problem to take more than 3 hours for the online test because it isn't timed.
Reply 3
Original post by vincrows
Not sure if it was online assessment but I know a few cases where the offers were revoked because of missing language requirements.

THANks for your reply. Wish me luck 😭
Reply 4
Original post by fundmeplz
Hi, a day after I did the assessment, someone from the language center emailed to schedule a phone conversation. You might get that option too. Worst case, you can do IELTS or TOEFL once again, right? I don't think its too late. Also I'm sure its not a problem to take more than 3 hours for the online test because it isn't timed.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, thar’s my worst case, and i never get a higher score for writing.....anyway, how many days they contact you for an interview after finshed online assessment? And how was your interview? Did you get an offer? Thank you
(edited 6 years ago)

English assessment is important, whichever qualification you take, to make sure your English ability is good enough to pursue a course at Cambridge which is quite fast progressing and intense. The requirements are set not just to pass it by any means for the sake of passing it.

There’re so many universities that do not take sufficient care in assessing their international applicants’ proficiency in English, often ending up at them not being able to follow their course at any satisfactory level, causing both parties unnecessary stress and waste of time and money.
Cambridge is not one of them.

Good luck to OP. :smile:
Reply 6
I got a conditional offer

For which Cambridge course?
Thanks for your reply. Yes, thar’s my worst case, and i never get a higher score for writing.....anyway, how many days they contact you for an interview after finshed online assessment? And how was your interview? Did you get an offer? Thank you

They contacted me the day after the online test. My phone conversation was scheduled for two days later. The day after my phone interview, my camcis account showed that I completed the language condition.
Reply 8
my camcis account

I presume that's for a postgraduate application. Nice one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
I presume that's for a postgraduate application. Nice one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, PhD. I forgot to mention that. Hope the info is still useful for OP!
Reply 10

I'm sure it will be :smile:
Hey buddy,

I was referred to the language center as well for an assessment as well. I would highly appreciate your input about the assessment and the form of questions were asked. I am doing a Ph.D. too, and I hope the assessment is going to be an easy one.

Hey Buddy,

Was the assessment this challenging? I hope it went well. I am referred to do an assessment as well, and I would appreciate your feedback.

Original post by turkey0257
Hey buddy,

I was referred to the language center as well for an assessment as well. I would highly appreciate your input about the assessment and the form of questions were asked. I am doing a Ph.D. too, and I hope the assessment is going to be an easy one.

Hey, they just asked me very general questions about my field of study, proposed PhD research, etc. Basically simple questions about whatever they could see on my application.
Hi!! Could you please explain a bit further what is the structure of the assessment? It would be very useful. Thanks a lot! and I hope everything worked out with your exam
Hello!I've taken the language assessment after missing narrowly the writing requirements of IELTS and turns out they offered me a pre-sessional program starting August 7th. Has any of you experienced negotiating a switch for an In-sessional program instead of a Pre-sessional?
Hi everyone
I am also referred to language assessment and I am bit worried about it if I get rejected? I have 7 in writing but my reading was 6 and required score was 6.5 for reading. I am looking for some tips from you guys who appeared for assessment before?

Thanks

Do not worry I saw many people get their requirements done. Hopefully, they will offer you pre-sessional. here is my contact if you popup a chat with me [number deleted]
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Ejaz khan
Do not worry I saw many people get their requirements done. Hopefully, they will offer you pre-sessional. here is my contact if you popup a chat with me xxxxxxxx

Pls don't post personal info - I've removed it...
Original post by Doonesbury
Pls don't post personal info - I've removed it...

Okay

Quick Reply

Latest