The Student Room Group

AQA Physics A-Level: Hardest paper 1 questions?

Do you have any hard questions you have done during revision for paper 1 and are willing to share :smile:?
(edited 5 years ago)
No mention of subject or level.
Reply 2
Original post by simple123site
No mention of subject or level.

tbh I thought this only showed up in the Physics forum sorry lmao. Ill change this up
Original post by Arr0ogant
Do you have any hard questions you have done during revision for paper 1 and are willing to share :smile:?

Well.......in Maths aqa 9-1 paper everything was deceit and a 6 marker in combined science chemistry PAPER 1 was deceit too!!!!
Original post by Grade9inRS
Well.......in Maths aqa 9-1 paper everything was deceit and a 6 marker in combined science chemistry PAPER 1 was deceit too!!!!

this is alevel. go away.
Me too please.

I've done all the AQA Unit 1 and 2 from 2010

And the specimen and 2017 papers which were so much harder :O

Do you think I need to do anything more :frown:

so scared
For mechanics maybe try AS Mechanics 1. Plenty of motion and projectile questions there. Do last year's paper for AQA (Mechanics 1B)

Maybe try other exam boards most recent papers? There's definitely some overlap so it's worth a look at least. I'd say Edexcel probably has the best correlation between the two specifications.

Oxford PAT papers maybe?
Original post by wantodothebest
Me too please.

I've done all the AQA Unit 1 and 2 from 2010

And the specimen and 2017 papers which were so much harder :O

Do you think I need to do anything more :frown:

so scared

there's not much else. I'd go over questions which you got wrong and try to understand why, ESPECIALLY last year's because it was much harder than previous years.

Also, take a read of the specification to ensure you don't have gaps in your knowledge. worst thing which would happen is a question comes up and you haven't even covered it because you haven't read the specification.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by BTAnonymous
there's not much else. I'd go over questions which you got wrong and try to understand why, ESPECIALLY last year's because it was much harder than previous years.

Also, take a read of the specification to ensure you don't have gaps in your knowledge. worst thing which would happen is a question comes up and you haven't even covered it because you haven't read the specification.

Yeah last years was tough - but when looking over it, I think its more the way it is worded rather than the content in my opinion, what do you think?

Yes yes SPEC SPEC SPEC SPEC.

God, I hate A Levels. Im terrified of being one of those people who puts hours and hours in and misses their offer
For mechanics maybe try AS Mechanics 1. Plenty of motion and projectile questions there. Do last year's paper for AQA (Mechanics 1B)

Maybe try other exam boards most recent papers? There's definitely some overlap so it's worth a look at least. I'd say Edexcel probably has the best correlation between the two specifications.

Oxford PAT papers maybe?

Yes I agree, just note that Edexcel Paper one has a lot of stuff AQA has on paper 2
Yes I agree, just note that Edexcel Paper one has a lot of stuff AQA has on paper 2

what year?
Yeah last years was tough - but when looking over it, I think its more the way it is worded rather than the content in my opinion, what do you think?

Yes yes SPEC SPEC SPEC SPEC.

God, I hate A Levels. Im terrified of being one of those people who puts hours and hours in and misses their offer

Definitely. The wording threw me off, there was just so much especially for the trolleys question. I swear I need to read questions over again 5/6 times to actually understand what it means. AHAHAGG
this is alevel. go away.

Rude.....GCSE discrimination...one of our RS 12 markers were on discrimination!!!!!
Rude.....GCSE discrimination...one of our RS 12 markers were on discrimination!!!!!

lol
lol

I AIM to be well versed in Theology!!!
The trolly question on 2017 paper 1 is , well.. interesting.

Not awful but you gotta read to understand. :P

cool bro.

Science > Religion anyway , so its kinda Grade9inPhysics for me
Original post by MatthewAV8B
Science > Religion anyway , so its kinda Grade9inPhysics for me

science<Theology, Religion, Philosophy of Religion. Psychology of Religion !!!!!!!!! But I am aiming for a 8-8 in Combined Science AQA 9-1!!!!
Reading this thread was literally torture for my eyes

Quick Reply