The Student Room Group

Tsr a level maths family i need your help!!!!! Please

Hi guys!

I’ve got 4 days left till M1 (mechanics) and I haven’t really done much for it. Would do you recommend doing? Is doing the 2005-2017 papers enough for m1? Since its very repetitive each year? I want to get at least a B or above in this paper so any advice would be recommended. And yes I know I should’ve started earlier but the passing of my grandad had impacted my revision immensely.

Also any C3 and C4 tips would be appreciated so what to do in order to achieve that B or A grade!

best thing you can do at this stage is just do past paper after past paper, gets you prepared for the exam and the questions. if you find when doing that that there's a topic you get consistently wrong, then go back to the textbook and look at the examples and try more practice questions in that topic, then hit the past papers again
Original post by aesthete1
best thing you can do at this stage is just do past paper after past paper, gets you prepared for the exam and the questions. if you find when doing that that there's a topic you get consistently wrong, then go back to the textbook and look at the examples and try more practice questions in that topic, then hit the past papers again

Thank you for your response. Yes you’re right, past papers is the key.
Reply 3
You can literally learn the entire of m1 in less than a day if you have a condensed textbook.
Do a past paper and mark all the hard topic questions.
Then do the hard questions on the old past papers.
No point in wasting time doing the questions you know how to do because its just repetition.
Original post by ks234r
Thank you for your response. Yes you’re right, past papers is the key.

in general the past papers are fairly consistent and the same each year, the 2017 one was considered a particularly easy paper so maybe start with that one
past papers past papers past papers past papers! m1 shouldn't be much of a struggle if you've got the general concepts down. if an object is going in two opposite directions, remember which side is positive and make it stay that way. physicsandmathstutor has some great past paper and revision resources.
Original post by Svesh
You can literally learn the entire of m1 in less than a day if you have a condensed textbook.
Do a past paper and mark all the hard topic questions.
Then do the hard questions on the old past papers.
No point in wasting time doing the questions you know how to do because its just repetition.

You’re absolutely right. What i like doing is going on exam solutions and doing his exam questions by topic. So afterwards i can check the solutions if I’ve got it right. Just need to remember the formulae.
Original post by aesthete1
in general the past papers are fairly consistent and the same each year, the 2017 one was considered a particularly easy paper so maybe start with that one

Thank you!
Original post by heartinablender
past papers past papers past papers past papers! m1 shouldn't be much of a struggle if you've got the general concepts down. if an object is going in two opposite directions, remember which side is positive and make it stay that way. physicsandmathstutor has some great past paper and revision resources.

Thank you so much! Honesty you guys are just amazing like you’re always giving hope.
Original post by ks234r
Thank you!

https://www.drfrostmaths.com/resources/sow.php?year=A%20Level&term=M1

If you are taking Edexcel then there are loads of past papers.

Lots of resources for C3 and C4 here:: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/resources/sow.php?year=A%20Level&term=C3

Quick Reply

Latest