The Student Room Group

Who else had 3 or more exams in one day?

So on the 15th June I’ve got a clash of Comp Sci paper 2 and Economics paper 3 in the morning. I’ll have to do one after I finish the other and just when I finish both I have maths C4.. Start exams at 9am and finish them at 5pm.. IM MAD FURIOUS and scared as **** cos imagine I might forget lots of stuff just because of the stress and pressure 😭😭😭

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mrz4073
So on the 15th June I’ve got a clash of Comp Sci paper 2 and Economics paper 3 in the morning. I’ll have to do one after I finish the other and just when I finish both I have maths C4.. Start exams at 9am and finish them at 5pm.. IM MAD FURIOUS and scared as **** cos imagine I might forget lots of stuff just because of the stress and pressure 😭😭😭

How many hours of examinations is that?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
How many hours of examinations is that?

In total 6 hours of exam :frown:
Reply 3
That does sounds pretty bad, good luck
Reply 4
That sounds really bad; I have the Comp Sci paper 2 and C4 as well but thankfully don't have 3!
I have the same computer science paper on that day and them after that an M2 paper but you seem to have it a lot worse. Just try and clear your brain after each exam and try not to think about the exams you have already completed. Good luck!
Original post by mrz4073
In total 6 hours of exam :frown:

Sorry, just to confirm this is A level?

The threshold for special consideration compensation is 6hrs for A level and 5.5hrs for GCSE. Looks like you fall just short.

My tips.

Make sure you have had breakfast and have a snack to eat. Flapjack or similar.
They might allow you a small break supervised between the exams. If they allow you access to your notes then have a set that are no more than 1 page long.
Keep flexing your hand.
Reply 7
Original post by JJWood
That sounds really bad; I have the Comp Sci paper 2 and C4 as well but thankfully don't have 3!

You’re luckyyy. Btw how’s your preparation like for comp sci exams? really worried about paper 1 given that my knowledge about skeleton code and my programming skills aren’t very good
Reply 8
Original post by loginrunner
I have the same computer science paper on that day and them after that an M2 paper but you seem to have it a lot worse. Just try and clear your brain after each exam and try not to think about the exams you have already completed. Good luck!

On that week I have 3 other exams Mon, Tue and Wed. I have a really bad luck lmao. Thanks tho. How you feeling about the comp sci paper?
Reply 9
Sorry, just to confirm this is A level?

The threshold for special consideration compensation is 6hrs for A level and 5.5hrs for GCSE. Looks like you fall just short.

My tips.

Make sure you have had breakfast and have a snack to eat. Flapjack or similar.
They might allow you a small break supervised between the exams. If they allow you access to your notes then have a set that are no more than 1 page long.
Keep flexing your hand.

Yeah it’s A level. Can anything be done? Like do one exam the day after or something?? 😭😂 yeah they said I’ll get 1 hour break in between but that’s not even enough to eat, rest and revise you know
Damn, that sounds wrong.
Original post by mrz4073
Yeah it’s A level. Can anything be done? Like do one exam the day after or something?? 😭😂 yeah they said I’ll get 1 hour break in between but that’s not even enough to eat, rest and revise you know

tbh its quite common for people to do 2 x 3hr exams and if its essay writing then it can really cramp your hand.

Nope the exam center have to maintain the security and integrity of the exam, so it isnt compromised.

Just eat 20 mins- have a pace round 10 mins for circulation, maybe have some caffeine if you are sleepy and do 20 mins revision.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 12
tbh its quite common for people to do 2 x 3hr exams and if its essay writing then it can really cramp your hand.

Nope the exam center have to maintain the security and integrity of the exam, so it isnt compromised.

Just eat 20 mins- have a pace round 10 mins for circulation, maybe have some caffeine if you are sleepy and do 20 mins revision.

Yeah I’ll take up your advice. Thank youu
Original post by mrz4073
On that week I have 3 other exams Mon, Tue and Wed. I have a really bad luck lmao. Thanks tho. How you feeling about the comp sci paper?

Quite nervous actually, I feel like there is so much content to learn and I'm worried a question will come up in the programming exam that I will get stuck on/have no idea how to do it. over the next week I'm going to try and do alot of practice on skeleton code and theory revision.
Reply 14
Quite nervous actually, I feel like there is so much content to learn and I'm worried a question will come up in the programming exam that I will get stuck on/have no idea how to do it. over the next week I'm going to try and do alot of practice on skeleton code and theory revision.

I was thinking of going over the notes I made on my exercise book and in total there’s 4 of them but then I realised that revision isn’t effective at all so I’ve decided to only revise from past papers. I printed every papers available on the AQA website + few previous past papers from old spec. You should do that too given the content is too much and practising helps you identify the types of question that’ll be asked.

I looked at the 2017 programming question and I have zero idea how to code it :/
Original post by mrz4073
I was thinking of going over the notes I made on my exercise book and in total there’s 4 of them but then I realised that revision isn’t effective at all so I’ve decided to only revise from past papers. I printed every papers available on the AQA website + few previous past papers from old spec. You should do that too given the content is too much and practising helps you identify the types of question that’ll be asked.

I looked at the 2017 programming question and I have zero idea how to code it :/

Yes I think that's a good idea to focus on past paper questions. I might focus on that more as well. For help with the programming exam this video may help : https://youtu.be/AuDXLOG370c
I believe he will be doing more programming videos over the next week.
Reply 16
Yes I think that's a good idea to focus on past paper questions. I might focus on that more as well. For help with the programming exam this video may help : https://youtu.be/AuDXLOG370c
I believe he will be doing more programming videos over the next week.

Cheers mate
I know someone who had 3 exams on a single day and they basically had to stay in until after 9:30 at night. In the afternoon they had a exam that was 2hr and 30 mins...
I have three on Monday, one of each of my subject. I think it ridiculous that you are considered for special consideration if your exams are under 6 hour or 6 hours, mine is literally half an hour under which makes no difference, the pressure is still the exact same !! i am so angry !!
Reply 19
Original post by georgiaha
I have three on Monday, one of each of my subject. I think it ridiculous that you are considered for special consideration if your exams are under 6 hour or 6 hours, mine is literally half an hour under which makes no difference, the pressure is still the exact same !! i am so angry !!

Ahhh ur the same as me. What’s special consideration anyway? All my three exams are exactly 6 hours

Quick Reply

Latest