The Student Room Group

Predictions For english language paper 1 question 5?

Themes of the picture? Narrative/Descriptive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What do you mean narrative or descriptive you have a choice to select either one.
Original post by Zaspo
What do you mean narrative or descriptive you have a choice to select either one.

In the November paper, there were 2 narrative questions.
Reply 3
there is always one narrative and descriptive! Send me a picture of that paper.
Original post by Zaspo
there is always one narrative and descriptive! Send me a picture of that paper.

It's true, I remember friends making a fuss over it. It does say "story suggested by this picture" though.
I feel it would be two narrative again because AQA are being dicks this year
Original post by mc_miah
I feel it would be two narrative again because AQA are being dicks this year

I would be so happy with two narratives. I can't stand descriptive writing.
Reply 7
Original post by Goldfish4343

I'm happy with either as long as I don't get writer's block :/
Original post by Ahmed$93
Themes of the picture? Narrative/Descriptive?

One will be. Write a story about your local supermarket
Original post by RicoChandarana
One will be. Write a story about your local supermarket

We don't know that one will be. There is a chance they could both be a narrative or both be a description.

Bruh...how???

It just means you have to go into more effort to think of a plot line, and ways to deliver the plot. It's just so much harder, especially if your writers block or context thingy is pure **** ("write the opening of a story to a bus journey") or something.

Ah well, looks like I have one day to get good at it :bawling:
Reply 11
Original post by mc_miah
Bruh...how???

It just means you have to go into more effort to think of a plot line, and ways to deliver the plot. It's just so much harder, especially if your writers block or context thingy is pure **** ("write the opening of a story to a bus journey":wink: or something.

I would recommend keeping the plot as simple as possible with max 3 characters.
Original post by mc_miah
Bruh...how???

It just means you have to go into more effort to think of a plot line, and ways to deliver the plot. It's just so much harder, especially if your writers block or context thingy is pure **** ("write the opening of a story to a bus journey":wink: or something.

I just think descriptions in general sound so pathetic and unrealistic and would find it more embarrassing for an examiner to read it (even if what I put is good).

Stories are so much easier as you can generally make the story about whatever you want and it is so easy to write an overly negative story (my mock had a murder then a suicide in it) and the picture we wrote the story for was a lake.
I just think descriptions in general sound so pathetic and unrealistic and would find it more embarrassing for an examiner to read it (even if what I put is good).

Stories are so much easier as you can generally make the story about whatever you want and it is so easy to write an overly negative story (my mock had a murder then a suicide in it) and the picture we wrote the story for was a lake.

BRUH :rofl: goddamn no chill here :lol: Well whatever floats your boat man

Almost positive I did the same mock as you and I messed up by trying to write a story about 'Discovery'. I was told I am better to be writing the descriptive writing. I have said this just to show that there are two sides; some people are better at descriptive writing whilst others are better at making a story...
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by GCSE2018Baller
Almost positive I did the same mock as you and I messed up by trying to write a story about 'Discovery'. I was told I am better to be writing the descriptive writing. I have said this just to show that there are two sides; some people are better at descriptive writing whilst others are better at making a story...

Most people I know prefer the description so I do agree with you.

The mock is the same. When there is a description and a story, I always try to base the story on the picture to help guide my thoughts. Discovery just seemed so much harder to focus on.
Reply 16
can you please predict the Q5 for the 2021 exam
Reply 17
I had the 2020 june aqa mock... it was 2 descriptions so good luck!!
Reply 18
Original post by a_w_
I had the 2020 june aqa mock... it was 2 descriptions so good luck!!

as in i had the june 2020 paper for my year 11 mocks, to be clearer
Reply 19
Original post by a_w_
as in i had the june 2020 paper for my year 11 mocks, to be clearer

what was the description about

Quick Reply

Latest