The Student Room Group

Anyone have a ton of white hair?

I feel like for every 3 black hairs on my head there's a white hair. I might as well be an old granny because of the amount of white hair I have. Anyone else relate? I understand that it might be stress or genetics and if worst comes to worst I'll probably dye it black. I hate my hair so much in general tbh.

Oh yeah and I'm 16
(edited 5 years ago)
i've noticed i have like three white hairs at the moment but everytime i look i spot another one :angry:
Original post by billie mercury
I feel like for every 3 black hairs on my head there's a white hair. I might as well be an old granny because of the amount of white hair I have. Anyone else relate? I understand that it might be stress or genetics and if worst comes to worst I'll probably dye it black. I hate my hair so much in general tbh.

Certainly not as bad as 1/3, but I do have a lot of white/grey hair for a 19 y/o.

It is mainly down to stress and potentially a poor diet.

Oh yeah and I'm 16

I am noticeably "going grey". It seems to be down to autoimmune issues for me (I have AI conditions).
Stress, certain deficiencies/ imbalances and other things can also be a cause along with unlucky grey genetics. Tbh it could be worth checking in with a doc to see if they will run some blood tests. Could be that your going grey could be successfully delayed with some vitamins or something. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I am noticeably "going grey". It seems to be down to autoimmune issues for me (I have AI conditions).
Stress, certain deficiencies/ imbalances and other things can also be a cause along with unlucky grey genetics. Tbh it could be worth checking in with a doc to see if they will run some blood tests. Could be that your going grey could be successfully delayed with some vitamins or something. :smile:

I've had a few bloodtests and the thing that kept coming up is vitamin d deficiency (which, i mean cmon who doesn't have that?) and I am taking vitamin d tablets which do nothing. I also have borderline high thyroid which doesn't require treatment so.

Oh yeah and I'm 16

When my dad was around you’re age he had an electric shock which health wise didn’t do much, but over night his hair turned white.

Recently have an electric shock? 😂
i know this guy who’s 18 and half his head is grey
Original post by Zanie121
When my dad was around you’re age he had an electric shock which health wise didn’t do much, but over night his hair turned white.

Recently have an electric shock? 😂

do electric shocks also cause memory loss?
cus maybe I have but I just can't recall sticking my finger in any nearby plug sockets :smile:
do electric shocks also cause memory loss?
cus maybe I have but I just can't recall sticking my finger in any nearby plug sockets :smile:

Fingers don’t fit in plug sockets 😂
Original post by Zanie121
Fingers don’t fit in plug sockets 😂

not even pinkies?
not even pinkies?

No, unless you’re a skeleton, even then probably no 😂
I've had a few bloodtests and the thing that kept coming up is vitamin d deficiency (which, i mean cmon who doesn't have that?) and I am taking vitamin d tablets which do nothing. I also have borderline high thyroid which doesn't require treatment so.

High thyroid is actually a pretty common cause of greying hair. People's bodies react differently to levels. All those guidelines for when to treat are generalised. Given that you are presenting with that symptom and tests have indicated you have at least some level of it, it might be worth asking if you could be treated for it.
Original post by Anonymous
High thyroid is actually a pretty common cause of greying hair. People's bodies react differently to levels. All those guidelines for when to treat are generalised. Given that you are presenting with that symptom and tests have indicated you have at least some level of it, it might be worth asking if you could be treated for it.

Oh okay. Yeah I might give that a try. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest