The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR Classical Civ (A*--G)

Who is doing it? I am but I am very worried about the results. Does anyone have any exams techniques?

I am doing Odyssey, Athens and Pompeii, and for the controlled Assessment I did Olympics. What did everyone else do?
Hey @Danilo2001

I'm going to move this into the classics forum, hopefully you will be able to find people who are doing the same exam as you :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Evil Homer
Hey @Danilo2001

I'm going to move this into the classics forum, hopefully you will be able to find people who are doing the same exam as you :biggrin:

Thank you :smile: Where could I find it?
Hey, i'm doing Athens, Odyssey and Sparta and for the controlled assessment i did the Olympics too!
Reply 4
im doing rome ovid and pompeii and i did the olympics too
Reply 5
Original post by Danilo2001
Who is doing it? I am but I am very worried about the results. Does anyone have any exams techniques?

I am doing Odyssey, Athens and Pompeii, and for the controlled Assessment I did Olympics. What did everyone else do?

Im doing Rome, Odyssey Sparta and Antigone for my controlled
assessment
Reply 6
How did you guys find the Athens paper? I thought it was quite easy tbh the essay question about education was so nice
Reply 7
Original post by KML.PRIV
How did you guys find the Athens paper? I thought it was quite easy tbh the essay question about education was so nice

OMG innit! I loved the education question so much. Though for the 5 markers I dont always have enough to say
Reply 8
Original post by SaraMoghal7
Hey, i'm doing Athens, Odyssey and Sparta and for the controlled assessment i did the Olympics too!

Same! Only I did Pompeii instead of Sparta.

How did you find Odyssey and Athens?
Reply 9
Original post by Elwood21
Im doing Rome, Odyssey Sparta and Antigone for my controlled
assessment

How did you find the Odyssey? Which questions did you do?
Reply 10
Original post by KB0786
im doing rome ovid and pompeii and i did the olympics too

How did you find the Pompeii paper? I found it quite hard?
Reply 11
Original post by Danilo2001
How did you find the Odyssey? Which questions did you do?

I am hoping someone can help me. I’ve received a lot lower grade than expected for classics and am really upset. The paper I did badly on was Epic & Myth. The only reason I can think of was that I didn’t answer The Odysseus question properly.
i remember it was something about Positive traits and the cyclops. Does anyone remember the question? I’m thinking about a remark as am 7 marks from an A. I’ve always been an A* student so something has really gone wrong. It could be that I didn’t answer the essay question properly. I think I only wrote about all positive traits throughout the book and maybe was supposed to write about negative too although I think the question implied that only the cyclops scene showed positive traits .I’m did the higher paper. Hope I’m making sense. Thank you and hopefully someone replies soon x
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending