The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sheikh_youssef
Can we make an unofficial mark scheme, and how was it guys?

It wasn’t that bad how did you find it? What did you do, I did western front and medicine through time
Original post by Me123456789
It wasn’t that bad how did you find it? What did you do, I did western front and medicine through time

Yep same here it was a decent test, question 5 was a blessing:smile::smile:
Yep same here it was a decent test, question 5 was a blessing:smile::smile:

I know people in my year did question 6 but 5 was way easier
Reply 4
amazing test
What did you guys say for the "How useful are sources A and B" question?
ok. for 1st question i put. At the start of war blood transfusions were done man to man with syringe. 2nd point i put smthn about a cannula technique at the battle of Cambrai in novemeber 2017 (I DID PUT MORE DETAIL BUT FORGOT IT)
Did you guys finish 12 mark question? I didnt :frown: I had the own knowledge and i knew i was running out of time tho!! but i only wrote like on sentence
Reply 8
Pretty good tbh. Question 5 was great and the 12 marker wasn't bad. I also did medicine and western front.
Reply 9
What did you guys say for the "How useful are sources A and B" question?

I wrote about the provenance, content and context behind each each of the sources- drawing out points of usefulness from each e.g source a was a photograph, and this shows a clear and accurate representation of treatment of battle injuries by medical staff on the Western Front or the fact that Source b was written by a nurse in a military hospital .

Then I wrote about the drawbacks of each- e.g source a is a photograph, it highlights a snapshot or specific moment but does not represent an overall view of treatment- and then concluded by stating how both sources together still are very useful in providing a panoramic view into the enquiry question.

I referred to context where appropriate e.g source b was about the Battle of the Somme ( relevant information about the battle ).
Original post by f_spanish
Did you guys finish 12 mark question? I didnt :frown: I had the own knowledge and i knew i was running out of time tho!! but i only wrote like on sentence

FOR BACTERIA:
I said Pasteur and Koch for vaccinations and the public health act of 1875

FOR DNA:
Watson and Crick then human genome project and gene therapy

FOR LIFESTYLE:
Chadwick, Rohmestree and Booth found out poverty was linked with disease and now we know other factors as well (exercise, stress, diet, etc.)
Did anyone do crime and punishment???
what happens if we didn't do a plan for q 5/6? does it matter?
Original post by Doughnutshoots
i did crime and punishment, it was quite good. What question did you choose, 5 or 6
Original post by mandyflower
i did crime and punishment, it was quite good. What question did you choose, 5 or 6

I knew lots more about pentonville than the met
I knew lots more about pentonville than the met

I had memorised the dates and facts for the Fielding Brothers and policing through time , so I was doing good with question 5 .

I did👋🏾
Crime and Punishment- I did the question about economic crimes in the early modern period, saying that it was partially government influence intertwined with religion that also caused crime increase, not to mention the easier access to guns and transport for highway robbery. Overall however, many new crimes were economically motivated, especially after the poor harvests of 1560-1590.
I spent so long trying to remember key dates for 1900+ during revision and it kind of came to nothing. :P

Did anybody do the Norman Conquest? What did you think of the source questions?
Can we make an unofficial mark scheme, and how was it guys?

I have some mocks coming up and I was wondering if you remember the questions
Original post by davine.x
I have some mocks coming up and I was wondering if you remember the questions

Lol it’s the same for me, did you find out what the questions were?

Latest

Trending

Trending