The Student Room Group

OCR A level Religious Studies - Philosophy paper predictions

What questions do you think will come up for the 2018 paper?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Critically assess Boethius’ solutions to the problems raised by the nature of God in Consolations of Philosophy
Assess the claim that analogy is the best way to talk about God
Assess the veridicalness of religious experiences
‘Resurrection is more likely than reincarnation
‘Miracles are violations of nature

these are the predictions
Cosmological argument came up last year, so likely to be teleological or ontological this year.
Religious experience - the question last year on religious experience was quite broad so it's possible that this year they'll focus in on one aspect e.g. conversion.
Natural evil came up last year, maybe this year moral evil? Or just the problem of evil in general.
Analogy also came up last year for religious language, so could be via negativa/symbol, or maybe from 20th century perspectives like language games etc.
Those are just a few of my educated guesses based on what came up last year, but as we know exam boards love to surprise us so it really could be anything :/
I'm thinking definitely one of the arguments for the existence of God.
I also think they'll be really heavy on the content from A2 as this is the first year to go through, so one question of RL and one on AoG.
Plato hasn't come up in years so maybe?
I'm taking a big risk and not revising religious experience, just have a feeling it won't come up.
Reply 4
Original post by heathert99
I'm thinking definitely one of the arguments for the existence of God.
I also think they'll be really heavy on the content from A2 as this is the first year to go through, so one question of RL and one on AoG.
Plato hasn't come up in years so maybe?
I'm taking a big risk and not revising religious experience, just have a feeling it won't come up.

i believe Religous experience will come up. However Plato could also come up since we are the first to do the new specification.
i am so lost on how to answer a plato vs aristotle q, any guidance?
Reply 6
Original post by isobelgom
i am so lost on how to answer a plato vs Aristotle q, any guidance?

yes, if you message me your email, i can send you my essay on Plato vs Aristotle
Reply 7
I have a feeling the ontological argument will come up because I've only seen it come up in the specimen paper. Really hoping that there won't be a question on language games!
Reply 8
Original post by Mimi786**
I have a feeling the ontological argument will come up because I've only seen it come up in the specimen paper. Really hoping that there won't be a question on language games!

ontological came up for the AS paper so if existence of god comes up at all it will either be a broad question or telelological
Reply 9
Why would miracles and ressurection come up? Miracles are no longer on the specification and neither is resurrection or reincarnation.
Original post by NicksM28
yes, if you message me your email, i can send you my essay on Plato vs Aristotle

Can you send it to me too? thank you so much

Mind sending it to me as well? I’ll PM you my email. Thanks
Reply 12
Does anyone know what was on the AS paper besides ontological? :smile:
Original post by tink9
Does anyone know what was on the AS paper besides ontological? :smile:

Religious Experience and Plato
Reply 14
i believe Religous experience will come up. However Plato could also come up since we are the first to do the new specification.

Will these come up though if they have just been on this yrs as paper?
Original post by isobelgom
Religious Experience and Plato

Are you sure you're doing the new OCR spec?

The sample paper had:
-Aristotle
-Religious experience
-Problem of evil

The AS paper had:
-Soul
-Problem of evil
-Cosmological argument

The A2 sample paper had:
-Ontological argument
-Religious experience
-Soul
-Religious language (via negative)
Original post by tink9
Will these come up though if they have just been on this yrs as paper?

Shoot I mean aristotle came up! not plato!
Would really love for problem of evil, religious experience and nature of God to come up. Please please please Exam Gods!!!!!!!!! Hear my prayers!!!!!!
Original post by heathert99
Are you sure you're doing the new OCR spec?

The sample paper had:
-Aristotle
-Religious experience
-Problem of evil

The AS paper had:
-Soul
-Problem of evil
-Cosmological argument

The A2 sample paper had:
-Ontological argument
-Religious experience
-Soul
-Religious language (via negative)

last years AS paper had soul, problem of evil and cosmological. This years AS paper had Religious Experience, Aristotle and Ontological
Surely they need to have a mix of AS/A topics in the A level paper though?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending