The Student Room Group

Aqa a level psychology discussion

Comment below what you guys put for any of the questions, particularly the 16 markers

Scroll to see replies

Over all the paper was okay, what did anyone write about for the first 16 marker?
Don’t know if I’m right but I spoke about asch’s study then amount the ways once which unanimity, task difficulty etc affect conformityYou could’ve spoken about milgram and how authority figure can make individuals conform
Original post by Sploder321
Don’t know if I’m right but I spoke about asch’s study then amount the ways once which unanimity, task difficulty etc affect conformityYou could’ve spoken about milgram and how authority figure can make individuals conform

Authority figure is to do with obedience, i spoke about NSI/ISI
Still in shock at 3 16 markers, but I think the paper overall wasn’t too bad, compared to specimen papers

I did asch aswel, same unsure if I'm right
Reply 6
Original post by vita continuat
Over all the paper was okay, what did anyone write about for the first 16 marker?

i talked about nsi and linked it to asch and the variables, then talked about isi and linked it to jennes’ sweet study
Original post by 1_Zainn_
I did asch aswel, same unsure if I'm right

Well it can’t be wrong, it is the main psychological research into conformity that we learn
I think I flopped on the first essay question cuz I wrote about Zimbardo's study. I should've wrote about Asch instead. Also will writing 2 detailed evaluation points get your marks capped?
Well it can’t be wrong, it is the main psychological research into conformity that we learn

Thanks for dat , because lot of people were talking about isi and nsi and explanation for conformity
So I was unsure and out asch

How did you find it ?
It was why people conform so i talked about explanations of conformity (ISI/NSI) and then linked it to asch. I dont think you could have just spoken about asch unless you focused on the variables because asch just says that people do conform but doesn't mention anything about why which was what the question was asking
Reply 11
Original post by Miss Studious
I think I flopped on the first essay question cuz I wrote about Zimbardo's study. I should've wrote about Asch instead. Also will writing 2 detailed evaluation points get your marks capped?

I wrote about zimbardo too...
Original post by holli99
what did you write for the last 16 marker? I can't remember whether it was about the cognitive explanation in general or CBT?? Think i fluffed it up

CBT/REBT
At least I'm not the only one

Unfortunately milgrim studied obedience not conformity and as such I dont think you could mention him.
Reply 15
Also spoke about Asch and Sheriff(1935) light study too, linked to unanimity task difficulty and group size. Used that example of the guy with glasses disagreeing with majority. However also argued that Authoritarian personality could lead to conformity to authoritative figure, wasn't sure about that.
I wrote Zimbardo too... but I think it’s okay tho, it can be conformity to social roles
Original post by 1_Zainn_
Thanks for dat , because lot of people were talking about isi and nsi and explanation for conformity
So I was unsure and out asch

How did you find it ?

Didn’t find it too bad tbh, I feel like it could’ve been worse, like there wasn’t anything trippy. How did you find it??
Original post by holli99
what did you write for the last 16 marker? I can't remember whether it was about the cognitive explanation in general or CBT?? Think i fluffed it up

Oo, I wrote about CBT AND REBT, it was talking about the cognitive approach
Reply 19
Oo, I wrote about CBT AND REBT, it was talking about the cognitive approach

I wrote about the cognitive approach in general, then came out of the exam and everyone was talking about CBT so i'm worried i've wrote the wrong thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending