The Student Room Group

Anti Immigration party wins election in Slovenia

good. on them
Reply 2
ah I always rather liked Slovenia - beautiful country... and the women :colone:
Reply 3
Eastern Europe is much clearer eyed on multiculturalism and mass immigration.

They see the mess Western European countries have made of it post war, and especially the difficulties with integrating large numbers of Muslims, they see individuals screaming Allahu Akbar before attempting to behead their fellow citizens in the cities of Western countries and they think:

"Thanks but no thanks. We don't need those kind of problems. We're good."

Sure they will be accused of antediluvian racism and Islamophobia by the discredited, failed liberal elites over here. My guess is they can live with that. :biggrin:

Also, of course, Slovenia has a national memory of fighting political Islam in the form of the Ottoman Empire, over several centuries. Having been a battleground for religious war and bloody conflict before they know not to become one again.

Very sensible.

Meh, they've always done pretty well in the Slovenian elections, averaging at around 25/90 seats. They've been in various coalitions in the past so this isn't a particularly extraordinary election result.
Reply 5
Interesting that there is a similar phenomenon in some western European countries. The rise of the Sweden Democrats has been startling, especially when one considers that it is a party with origins in outright fascism.

https://www.politico.eu/article/jimmie-akesson-stefan-lofven-swedish-democrats-far-right-at-record-high-in-pre-election-poll/

Whether a country has been culturally enriched by mass third world immigration like Sweden, or has had virtually no immigration at all, like Slovenia, there is starting to be significant electoral push back to the refugees welcome/"we can do this" mantra of Merkelism.
Fantastic news.

When are we and the rest of western Europe going to follow?
Reply 7
Original post by firemyst
Fantastic news.

When are we and the rest of western Europe going to follow?

Italy already has!

That is going to be the polity to really watch. I know Italian coalitions are ridiculously unstable and this will fall apart in a few days or weeks probably but you really sense things aren't going well there.

People are hacked off at hundreds of thousands of refugees parked on their shores and youth unemployment running at nearly one in three.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/266228/youth-unemployment-rate-in-eu-countries/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/921278/italy-migrant-crisis-matteo-salvini-500-000-rome-general-election

Who'd have thunk it?
Original post by generallee
Eastern Europe is much clearer eyed on multiculturalism and mass immigration.

They see the mess Western European countries have made of it post war, and especially the difficulties with integrating large numbers of Muslims, they see individuals screaming Allahu Akbar before attempting to behead their fellow citizens in the cities of Western countries and they think:

"Thanks but no thanks. We don't need those kind of problems. We're good."

Sure they will be accused of antediluvian racism and Islamophobia by the discredited, failed liberal elites over here. My guess is they can live with that. :biggrin:

Also, of course, Slovenia has a national memory of fighting political Islam in the form of the Ottoman Empire, over several centuries. Having been a battleground for religious war and bloody conflict before they know not to become one again.

Very sensible.

Mass immigration is one thing, and is a problem within itself. Key word being “mass”. Immigrants are coming in all colours and religions. Including Eastern European immigrants. Singling out “muslims” is, in fact “islamophobia”. Since Muslims within themselves, are also many colours, coming from many different countries .
Reply 9
Original post by Ikhan1
Mass immigration is one thing, and is a problem within itself. Key word being “mass”. Immigrants are coming in all colours and religions. Including Eastern European immigrants. Singling out “muslims” is, in fact “islamophobia”. Since Muslims within themselves, are also many colours, coming from many different countries .

"Islamophobia" is not a term I ever use because it conflates two totally different entities. Muslims as people and the religion of Islam. I think the phrase "anti Muslim bigotry" is a better way to communicate what I take it you want to express, myself. But whatever.

I assume you are Muslim yourself so being singled out in this way is obviously not something you like. I understand that and don't know what to say really.
Italy already has!

That is going to be the polity to really watch. I know Italian coalitions are ridiculously unstable and this will fall apart in a few days or weeks probably but you really sense things aren't going well there.

People are hacked off at hundreds of thousands of refugees parked on their shores and youth unemployment running at nearly one in three.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/266228/youth-unemployment-rate-in-eu-countries/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/921278/italy-migrant-crisis-matteo-salvini-500-000-rome-general-election

Who'd have thunk it?

Genunine question, what do you think our approach or policy should be with regards to refugees?

If people turn up here, having escaped a war zone do we just send them back?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by DeBruyne18
Genunine question, what do you think our approach or policy should be with regards to refugees?

If people turn up here, having escaped a war zone do we just send them back?

Financial assistance should be given to neighbouring states to accommodate them until they are in a position to return safely to their homelands.

If they now arrive on our shores (by which I mean Greece and Italy in the main but also of course the UK) as I understand it, they can't legally be returned so the question is moot. But feel free to give me the legal position if that is incorrect.

Merkel's policy, during the height of the crisis, is now widely regarded, even by her own party as a terrible mistake (obviously she can't, herself, admit the scale of the error), and there has been an unseemly backtracking from it. The re-emergence of Fascism as a powerful force in Germany, of all places, has concentrated minds.

The less well known example of Sweden also shows that countries can't just accept everyone who comes. However worthy their claims. There are just too many of them.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/23/europe/sweden-trump-refugees-integration/index.html

Edit: Do you know how many refugees Japan has taken?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/16/japan-asylum-applications-2017-accepted-20
(edited 5 years ago)
Financial assistance should be given to neighbouring states to accommodate them until they are in a position to return safely to their homelands.

If they now arrive on our shores (by which I mean Greece and Italy in the main but also of course the UK) as I understand it, they can't legally be returned so the question is moot. But feel free to give me the legal position if that is incorrect.

Merkel's policy, during the height of the crisis, is now widely regarded, even by her own party as a terrible mistake (obviously she can't, herself, admit the scale of the error), and there has been an unseemly backtracking from it. The re-emergence of Fascism as a powerful force in Germany, of all places, has concentrated minds.

The less well known example of Sweden also shows that countries can't just accept everyone who comes. However worthy their claims. There are just too many of them.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/23/europe/sweden-trump-refugees-integration/index.html

Edit: Do you know how many refugees Japan has taken?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/16/japan-asylum-applications-2017-accepted-20

I agree with regards to financial assistance. I guess though that countries like Turkey, who take in hundreds of thousands of refugees would argue that the burden shouldn't fall solely on them and other neighbouring countries.

If they arrive on our shores, we do have the power to send them back if they don't have a well founded fear of persecution, or if they are known to have a history of involvement in terrorism or human rights abuses etc. The trouble of course is that they tend to come without identification.

One of the main reasons why so many try to get to the UK is that we have a reputation of being one of the most humane countries towards those in desperate need and I genuinely think that's a good thing.

I agree that there's been a backlash and errors, to say the least, in Europe's policy. The problem is that i'm just not sure what the answer is.

That's pretty appalling of Japan... O_O

If they arrive on our shores, we do have the power to send them back if they don't have a well founded fear of persecution, or if they are known to have a history of involvement in terrorism or human rights abuses etc. The trouble of course is that they tend to come without identification.

Quite. They deliberately destroy any form of identification in many (most?) cases. Everyone even in a third world country will have some form of identification, a passport, driving licence, credit card, bank account, mobile phone account, whatever. Not to have anything ought to be taken as implying they aren't genuine, with a requirement that they find some means of establishing their bona fides.

But that can't be done and they know that only too well. And even if their asylum claims are rejected they often disappear into the black economy.

I agree that there's been a backlash and errors, to say the least, in Europe's policy. The problem is that i'm just not sure what the answer is.

We have to be tougher I am afraid. Harder hearted. At the moment we are doing the wrong thing for the right reasons.
Why don't we impose diversity on immigration? The intake seems to be overwhelmingly Muslim, overrepresented in numbers despite being less discriminated against than Christians.
I wish more European countries would learn to protection their populations and not destroy it but hey get ready to be labelled fascists, White supremacists.

As Viktor Orban said, we don't need to mix, we are fine as we are

What is the obsession with breeding out all White peoples humongous populations and are Whites aware this is a reality do they support it. Do they feel powerless to do anything to stop it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending