The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Physics Paper 1 (Exam Discussion)

What did everyone think of the exam? Personally I thought it was harder than last year’s and I really struggled with timing, missed out a lot of marks at the end.
I thought it was similar to 17 idk, i hated the 6 markers tbh. I got the efficiency question as 1.5%
Original post by Hououin Kyouma
What did everyone think of the exam? Personally I thought it was harder than last year’s and I really struggled with timing, missed out a lot of marks at the end.

Why don't you just time leap to 3 hours ago?
Reply 3
Original post by FlyingPooMan
I thought it was similar to 17 idk, i hated the 6 markers tbh. I got the efficiency question as 1.5%

I got this too and so did all my classmates.

I found the paper much harder compared to last year. But it wasn't a complete disaster. I'm hoping I got over 60%
I reckon i got about 85, the paper was easy af
Original post by DarthPiingu
Why don't you just time leap to 3 hours ago?

I got confused until I saw his name, man of culture you two
I did the 2018 AS exam two days ago. I was completely prepared for failure today but that was actually a really great exam :smile:
Yeah, I thought it was pretty challenging but, hey, it could've been worse:dontknow:. Also hated the 'state whether this claim is correct' questions (there were a ton of em). For the last one I couldn't find the time for charge to halve so i used their time t= 0.1 for the part iii ( does it hit the centre or not). I got a really low value for the distance (like 2cm or something) and said it wouldn't hit it. later on I got t to be 0.14 (which isn't too different from 0.1) but when i subbed it to get a more accurate distance i found it shot up to 9 cm!! Really confused. And it was the same for part b). Also, didn't get time to complete the derivation. Not my best paper lol
What did you guys get for Tension in the moments question?? xd
Original post by Has Motam
What did you guys get for Tension in the moments question?? xd

I can't remember for sure but I think I got something like 2400N or something? I'm sure it was similar to the mass in the later part of the question (the 'is the efficiency really 10% question) where the mass was 2500kg.
(edited 5 years ago)
hmmm that sounds much too small, considering the mass was like 3.5 x10^4 kg.
Original post by Billdanbury
I reckon i got about 85, the paper was easy af

Hey boss, what did you get for your tension value in the moments question?
Original post by Has Motam
Hey boss, what did you get for your tension value in the moments question?

2400N
Reply 13
What did you guys get for the value of R? The one which had a 3.3 ohm resistor?
Original post by DerbyC
What did you guys get for the value of R? The one which had a 3.3 ohm resistor?

got 1.1 ohms

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending