The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Transferring to Northumbria

Hello! I'm currently a student at Teesside University and I'm just finishing my 2nd year of Childhood and Youth Studies. I would like to transfer to Northumbria for my 3rd year so I can live closer to family in Newcastle after some things happened this year. The Northumbria course Childhood and Early years studies is very similar but the modules are a bit different. Do you think I will be able to transfer onto the 3rd year there since the courses are pretty much the same despite a few differences in modules? Or would I have to join in 2nd year? Any advice is helpful! Thanks :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Sarahelenelucia
Hello! I'm currently a student at Teesside University and I'm just finishing my 2nd year of Childhood and Youth Studies. I would like to transfer to Northumbria for my 3rd year so I can live closer to family in Newcastle after some things happened this year. The Northumbria course Childhood and Early years studies is very similar but the modules are a bit different. Do you think I will be able to transfer onto the 3rd year there since the courses are pretty much the same despite a few differences in modules? Or would I have to join in 2nd year? Any advice is helpful! Thanks :smile:

You need to check the website to see if the policy is there and then make an informal enquiry to admissions to see if it is a possibility. Take it from there. Transfers into 3rd year are less common and more difficult, but it is up to them.

They will look at:
Course compatibility.
Grades
Reference.
Extra currics.
Course capacity.
PS.
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Original post by 999tigger
You need to check the website to see if the policy is there and then make an informal enquiry to admissions to see if it is a possibility. Take it from there. Transfers into 3rd year are less common and more difficult, but it is up to them.

They will look at:
Course compatibility.
Grades
Reference.
Extra currics.
Course capacity.
PS.

Thanks I emailed admissions last week on Wed/thurs I think but still haven't heard back so I'm worrying! lol
(edited 5 years ago)
Thanks I emailed admissions last week on Wed/thurs I think but still haven't heard back so I'm worrying! lol

3rd year transfers are less likely so be sure to have mentioned why.

Hi did you receive a reply back after that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending