The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology Paper 1: How was it?

Omg, I think that was a blessing of a paper, minus all the 16 markers 😂 I ran out time and I didn't finish the graph but overall I think I actually did well! I'm a bit bummed I rushed the last 16 marker though :/ also there were like a million flies in the room so that was great lol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Estarossa
Omg, I think that was a blessing of a paper, minus all the 16 markers 😂 I ran out time and I didn't finish the graph but overall I think I actually did well! I'm a bit bummed I rushed the last 16 marker though :/ also there were like a million flies in the room so that was great lol

I found the 16 makers difficult! For the conformity one I wrote about Asch, nsi, isi but didn’t write about variables? I didn’t know if I needed to!
I wrote so much for learning theory and monotropic, it was hard to summarise. And the last one on depression was ok, just talked about REBT and evaluated.
I’m sure you did great !
Original post by rebecca0208
I found the 16 makers difficult! For the conformity one I wrote about Asch, nsi, isi but didn’t write about variables? I didn’t know if I needed to!
I wrote so much for learning theory and monotropic, it was hard to summarise. And the last one on depression was ok, just talked about REBT and evaluated.
I’m sure you did great !

I think you were supposed to write about the types of conformity and their explabations? I'm not sure either! I ran out of time and paper to write about internalisation though :frown: ahh me too! I managed to finish monotropic and learning theory, albeit very messily lol. Yeah I did the same but with CBT, though I didn't give much A01. Thank you! You as well! 😊
I think you were supposed to write about the types of conformity and their explabations? I'm not sure either! I ran out of time and paper to write about internalisation though :frown: ahh me too! I managed to finish monotropic and learning theory, albeit very messily lol. Yeah I did the same but with CBT, though I didn't give much A01. Thank you! You as well! 😊

I've talked to a lot of people and everyone is super confused about what they were meant to write about for the social influence 16 marker! I think it was supposed to be about NSI and ISI however I wrote about Asch and Zimbardo and evaluated it. My teacher told me you could have talked about Asch and Zimbardo but I have no idea which parts of it. I'm just hoping I pick up a few marks at least!
Original post by alevelsbiopepsy
I've talked to a lot of people and everyone is super confused about what they were meant to write about for the social influence 16 marker! I think it was supposed to be about NSI and ISI however I wrote about Asch and Zimbardo and evaluated it. My teacher told me you could have talked about Asch and Zimbardo but I have no idea which parts of it. I'm just hoping I pick up a few marks at least!

Ohhh shoot 😭 I only talked about ISI but I'm guessing the types of conformity still count right? Idk though... maybe my marks will my limited. I also wrote about Asch aND Zimbardo and evaluated them so I'm just hoping they get us a good score on the evaluation part 😭 me too!
Ohhh shoot 😭 I only talked about ISI but I'm guessing the types of conformity still count right? Idk though... maybe my marks will my limited. I also wrote about Asch aND Zimbardo and evaluated them so I'm just hoping they get us a good score on the evaluation part 😭 me too!

Yeah, all of my friends wrote about NSI and ISI and looking at other aqa psychology threads a lot of people did that too. But then a lot also talked about Asch so I am hoping!! :smile:

What did you think of the other 16 markers?
The question Saïd research into conformity so I’m sure speaking about Asch and eimbardo mainly is more than credible ☺️
Reply 7
I wrote about NSI and ISI and Asch cuz it asked for why we conform so I assumed explanation for conformity? Not types? And I used Asch to evaluate both with his original and the other ones so hoping I got a fair mix of AO1 and AO3 somewhere 😂 the last 16 marker I wrote about CBT and REBT (not much in REBT though cuz I remembered little on it) and then evaluated them each and the cognitive approach as a whole against the biological one cuz the CBT paired with drugs was better I think I read at some point? I can’t remember the other 16 marker :/
Reply 8
I mentioned legitimacy of authority and authoritarian personality for the 16 marker on conformity, as well as NSI and ISI. Is that bad? :/
Reply 9
For the first sixteen marker I spoke about Asch's situational variables affecting conformity - group size, difficulty of the task and unanimity of the majority. I evaluated group size with the fact that we don't know the effects of much larger groups on conformity than 9. I evaluated the difficulty of the task with Lucas and said that he also showed that individual differences affected conformity. I also spoke about compliance and NSI and internalisation and ISI. I then spoke about Zimbardo and the BBC prison study. I evaluated it with Abu Ghraib and demand characteristics. I'm now worried I've done it completely wrong! For the second one I outlined classical conditioning and operant conditioning in relation to attachment. I then evaluated it with Harlow's monkeys and said Millie may be more attached to her mother because of the female hormone oestrogen and the fact that the dad behaves differently based on social norms - it isn't seen as masculine to be caring. I completely left mono trophy because I had no idea. I also completely left the last 16 marker but in the hopes of getting a couple of marks wrote that depression could be explained by Ellis' ABC model and Beck's negative triad.
Original post by alevelsbiopepsy
Yeah, all of my friends wrote about NSI and ISI and looking at other aqa psychology threads a lot of people did that too. But then a lot also talked about Asch so I am hoping!! :smile:

What did you think of the other 16 markers?

Whoops I meant NSI! Damn. Do you think my A01 marks will be limited? I did evaluate Asch and Zimbardo quite thoroughly so I really don't know? And for learning theory/monotrophy I discussed them and explained what they were, briefly apply them to the STEM (honestly I forgot about it kinda) and then I evaluated them like how learning theory can be reductionist, determinsitic, used a lot of animal studies for its theories; monotrophy I talked about how it emphasised mums so I talked about the effects of maternal deprivation with Romanian orphans... at the end I did an extra evaluation on how both can provide socially sensitive data. The last one was rushed but I briefly mentioned what CBT was and evaluated it so stuff like how it costs a lot, how it's more of an active approach compared to passive drug treatments etc. I'm hoping they're OK lol. What about you? 😊
Original post by Benf97
I mentioned legitimacy of authority and authoritarian personality for the 16 marker on conformity, as well as NSI and ISI. Is that bad? :/

I swear authority and authoritarian personality are obedience not conformity? May just be me though 😂 if you mentioned NSI and ISI too I’m sure you will be fine 😊
Reply 12
Original post by 10cking
I swear authority and authoritarian personality are obedience not conformity? May just be me though 😂 if you mentioned NSI and ISI too I’m sure you will be fine 😊

Yeah, They are :/ Hopefully
Reply 13
Original post by Benf97

I also wrote about the agentic state and legitimacy of authority in terms of the behaviour in the Stanford Prison study and Abu Ghraib.
Whoops I meant NSI! Damn. Do you think my A01 marks will be limited? I did evaluate Asch and Zimbardo quite thoroughly so I really don't know? And for learning theory/monotrophy I discussed them and explained what they were, briefly apply them to the STEM (honestly I forgot about it kinda) and then I evaluated them like how learning theory can be reductionist, determinsitic, used a lot of animal studies for its theories; monotrophy I talked about how it emphasised mums so I talked about the effects of maternal deprivation with Romanian orphans... at the end I did an extra evaluation on how both can provide socially sensitive data. The last one was rushed but I briefly mentioned what CBT was and evaluated it so stuff like how it costs a lot, how it's more of an active approach compared to passive drug treatments etc. I'm hoping they're OK lol. What about you? 😊

Yeah I literally wrote the same sorta thing! In the last 16 marker I applied it to the economy because my teacher always talks about how examiners love it when you talk about the positive effects for the economy of people receiving CBT treatment! I'm relatively happy with the paper as a whole :smile:
Original post by ehewitt
For the first sixteen marker I spoke about Asch's situational variables affecting conformity - group size, difficulty of the task and unanimity of the majority. I evaluated group size with the fact that we don't know the effects of much larger groups on conformity than 9. I evaluated the difficulty of the task with Lucas and said that he also showed that individual differences affected conformity. I also spoke about compliance and NSI and internalisation and ISI. I then spoke about Zimbardo and the BBC prison study. I evaluated it with Abu Ghraib and demand characteristics. I'm now worried I've done it completely wrong! For the second one I outlined classical conditioning and operant conditioning in relation to attachment. I then evaluated it with Harlow's monkeys and said Millie may be more attached to her mother because of the female hormone oestrogen and the fact that the dad behaves differently based on social norms - it isn't seen as masculine to be caring. I completely left mono trophy because I had no idea. I also completely left the last 16 marker but in the hopes of getting a couple of marks wrote that depression could be explained by Ellis' ABC model and Beck's negative triad.

Sounds to me as if you did the first 16marker right, but then I really doubt u will get any more than 1 or 2 AO1 marks for that last one
I found myself referring to role of the father in the attachment 16 marker aswelllas everything else as an evaluative points that linked to biological determinism and oestrogen etc ... I found that question so hard to organise I hope my point was valid so I’m hoping it’ll be credited 😬😬
Original post by Chloe0100
I found myself referring to role of the father in the attachment 16 marker aswelllas everything else as an evaluative points that linked to biological determinism and oestrogen etc ... I found that question so hard to organise I hope my point was valid so I’m hoping it’ll be credited 😬😬

I added the evaluation point of the role of the father too! 😂
Reply 18
Original post by elliehensley00
Sounds to me as if you did the first 16marker right, but then I really doubt u will get any more than 1 or 2 AO1 marks for that last one

1 is fine...better than none! I'd only quickly read over psychopathology before the exam. I was hoping for the 16 marker to be on definitions of abnormality :frown:
Original post by 10cking
I added the evaluation point of the role of the father too! 😂

It felt relevant so why not 😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending