The Student Room Group

Wtf- that aqa psych exam?!!!

What did u guys think about that exam? I honestly though it was really unfair throwing 3 16 markers. Wsn't expecting that and the last 16 marker was on treating CBT which i could've written so much about. there just wasn't enough time ffs
Three 16 mark questions why??????!!!!
Reply 2
Original post by tripplea
Three 16 mark questions why??????!!!!

idk but that exam really ****ed me up. it was just too much. atleast its done now though. do u think they'll lower the grade boundaries becuase it was overall quite hard u know, despote all that revision i still managed to **** up nd waffle
i found that last 16 marker a blessing cuz i revised CBT so much
Original post by Im in my bag
i found that last 16 marker a blessing cuz i revised CBT so much

I liked that 16 marker I just didn’t really know what to write for the first one then the combination of stem and 2 attachment theories.....my goodness
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by subhastar
idk but that exam really ****ed me up. it was just too much. atleast its done now though. do u think they'll lower the grade boundaries becuase it was overall quite hard u know, despote all that revision i still managed to **** up nd waffle

Yh I think grade boundaries definitely will be quite low (well at least I hope so) because I think generally most people found it difficult
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Yh I think grade boy definitely will be quite low (well at least I hope so) because I think generally most people found it difficult

hopefully man hopefully. wish u the best of luck
Reply 7
I liked that 16 marker I just didn’t really know what to write for the first one then the combination of stem and 2 attachment theories.....my goodness

yh that attacchment 16 marker was mad u no. couldnt even put in proper evaluation cuz there was so much to write about ao1 and ao3 about 2 topics like wtf is aqa playing at. plus i think the wording of the qs were kinda dodgy jus so vague and wasnt sure if i was even writing bout the correct things.
I misread the question & only wrote a detailed 16 marker on monotropic theory & not the learning theory :frown: can I still gain marks?
yh that attacchment 16 marker was mad u no. couldnt even put in proper evaluation cuz there was so much to write about ao1 and ao3 about 2 topics like wtf is aqa playing at. plus i think the wording of the qs were kinda dodgy jus so vague and wasnt sure if i was even writing bout the correct things.

yh it was literally, "Discuss this...", "discuss that"...I thought this would be the nicer of papers now im not sure what to expect from papers 2 and 3 which i dont have much time to revise for because of my other subjects :sigh:
Reply 10
Original post by jodietomlinson
I misread the question & only wrote a detailed 16 marker on monotropic theory & not the learning theory :frown: can I still gain marks?

of course you can. there's no negative marking in psych. so u dont lose marks for not writing or writing the wrong thing. but u do miss out on a couple of marks cuz u didnt talk about learning theory which was linked to the first part of the conversation in the stem remember
hopefully man hopefully. wish u the best of luck

and you too - good luck for all your exams
of course you can. there's no negative marking in psych. so u dont lose marks for not writing or writing the wrong thing. but u do miss out on a couple of marks cuz u didnt talk about learning theory which was linked to the first part of the conversation in the stem remember

what do you think the Max amount of marks I can get is?
Reply 13
Original post by jodietomlinson
what do you think the Max amount of marks I can get is?

well depends. if u wrote only about monotropic theory well then its probably 6 marks if you didnt link it to ao2. did u link it to ao2?
id say the marks probs work a bit like this for that q: 3 marks for bowlby's theory and 3 for linking it to stem. and then 3 marks for learning theory and 3 marks for linking it to stem. then the rest of the marks were prob for ao3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending