The Student Room Group

AQA Geography GCSE 2018

Hi guys, I have a Geography paper 2 exam on Tuesday 5/06/18 and I need help with the case studies. What do I need to remember from them? Does anybody have any practice exam questions with model answers?

The case studies I am doing are: LONDON, RIO DE JANEIRO (section A), JAMAICA, NIGERIA, TORR QUARRY (section B), LESOTHO HIGHLAND WATER PROJECT, THE WAKEL RIVER BASIN PROJECT (section C).

Any help would be very much appreciated!
Original post by chemistrylab
Hi guys, I have a Geography paper 2 exam on Tuesday 5/06/18 and I need help with the case studies. What do I need to remember from them? Does anybody have any practice exam questions with model answers?

The case studies I am doing are: LONDON, RIO DE JANEIRO (section A), JAMAICA, NIGERIA, TORR QUARRY (section B), LESOTHO HIGHLAND WATER PROJECT, THE WAKEL RIVER BASIN PROJECT (section C).

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Yo. I don't do the same case studies but you don't need to know loads about them in order to do well. Just remember a few key facts and then have a general understanding. If you have a general understanding then you get at least 6 marks in 9 mark questions. If you chuck in a few relevant facts (eg. Urban Regeneration project in London - Stratford - The Olympic Park was built providing a £5 billion yearly income to the area) then you area almost guaranteed an 8/9 out of 9 marks. The same goes for the 6 mark questions (4 marks for understanding then an extra 2 for detailed knowledge). Also, make sure you keep SPaG really good on longer answer questions even if they don't say you get marks for SPaG. The examiner likes to read an answer that makes sense and is easy to read.
Top tips:
Have an understanding
Know some key facts for case studies
Keep SPaG correct
Have good handwriting.
Then you should be ok.

Hope this helps :biggrin:,
Rowan
Thank you so much for these tips!

Original post by Good At Things
Yo. I don't do the same case studies but you don't need to know loads about them in order to do well. Just remember a few key facts and then have a general understanding. If you have a general understanding then you get at least 6 marks in 9 mark questions. If you chuck in a few relevant facts (eg. Urban Regeneration project in London - Stratford - The Olympic Park was built providing a £5 billion yearly income to the area) then you area almost guaranteed an 8/9 out of 9 marks. The same goes for the 6 mark questions (4 marks for understanding then an extra 2 for detailed knowledge). Also, make sure you keep SPaG really good on longer answer questions even if they don't say you get marks for SPaG. The examiner likes to read an answer that makes sense and is easy to read.
Top tips:
Have an understanding
Know some key facts for case studies
Keep SPaG correct
Have good handwriting.
Then you should be ok.

Hope this helps :biggrin:,
Rowan
make sure to attempt questions such as the 9 markers as you can still get marks for spag. Try downloading this booklet
https://mrshumanities.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/gcse-revision-booklet.docx it has fact file templates of case studies for you to complete followed by exam questions :smile: & as for case studies, shorten them so you can remember key relevant statistics for each case study that you can apply to exam questions. good luck for tomorrow!
Original post by custard101
make sure to attempt questions such as the 9 markers as you can still get marks for spag. Try downloading this booklet
https://mrshumanities.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/gcse-revision-booklet.docx it has fact file templates of case studies for you to complete followed by exam questions :smile: & as for case studies, shorten them so you can remember key relevant statistics for each case study that you can apply to exam questions. Good luck for tomorrow!

thank youuuuu!
Original post by chemistrylab
Thank you so much for these tips!

Welcome

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending