The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-Level Psychology Exam Discussion - Paper One (4th June 2018)

Hey, haven't seen another discussion page for Edexcel Psychology yet. How did everyone's paper 1 go?

Mine did not go well. Well, I thought it did until the last five minutes when I realised I had another 2 questions to go which I got about 2 paragraphs on the last one. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BitOfIntellect
Hey, haven't seen another discussion page for Edexcel Psychology yet. How did everyone's paper 1 go?

Mine did not go well. Well, I thought it did until the last five minutes when I realised I had another 2 questions to go which I got about 2 paragraphs on the last one. :frown:

Same here! I ran out of time at the end too :frown:
I was annoyed at the lack of Biological psychology module, and the lack of Classic and Contemp studies! It was almost all scenario questions
Reply 2
Urghhhhhhh :s-smilie: ...... the timing in this paper is dreadful, bunch of peeps at my school missed questions out. Now I know why the grade boundaries were so low last year :grumble:
Original post by GeorgieSB
Same here! I ran out of time at the end too :frown:
I was annoyed at the lack of Biological psychology module, and the lack of Classic and Contemp studies! It was almost all scenario questions

I thought some of the questions were really weirdly worded and vague. Definitely when it comes to applying behaviour to cognitive in terms of nature???
Sorry lads but I absolutely smashed it, ngl. Answered nearly everything with enough AO1, AO2 and AO3 to go round. Enjoy your Es 😂😂😂
Original post by EL.Rick
Urghhhhhhh :s-smilie: ...... the timing in this paper is dreadful, bunch of peeps at my school missed questions out. Now I know why the grade boundaries were so low last year :grumble:

If you go by a minute and a half for each mark then we should really get 2 hours 15 minutes which would've felt slightly more comfortable. Otherwise it's just a minute and a half for long answers.
Reply 6
Original post by Joe Haddock
Sorry lads but I absolutely smashed it, ngl. Answered nearly everything with enough AO1, AO2 and AO3 to go round. Enjoy your Es 😂😂😂

Nice job! What are you looking to get in August?
(edited 5 years ago)
For the first issues and debates question, did it ask for 'theories', 'studies', or 'theories and studies'? Or was it research?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
What did you guys get for the spearman's rank question
Reply 9
Original post by BitOfIntellect
If you go by a minute and a half for each mark then we should really get 2 hours 15 minutes which would've felt slightly more comfortable. Otherwise it's just a minute and a half for long answers.

To write everything that I wanted to say I would have needed at least an extra 30 mins, especially on that 12 marker.
what do you think grade boundaries will be? same as last year?
Reply 11
Original post by Studentt1999
what do you think grade boundaries will be? same as last year?

Potentially. If most people, other than our Joe friend here, missed some q's out then I bet they'll be pretty low. Can't keep em high if we only answered 75% of the paper.
Original post by EL.Rick
Potentially. If most people, other than our Joe friend here, missed some q's out then I bet they'll be pretty low. Can't keep em high if we only answered 75% of the paper.

Im massivley counting on that... where were the classic and contemp studies at??
Original post by chumzy99
What did you guys get for the spearman's rank question

-0.625 or something I think?

Ah same

Yeah I got that, thank christ someone else got it too :smile:
Original post by jdabville
Yeah I got that, thank christ someone else got it too :smile:

So was the result significant? What was your final response?

No, it doesn't exceed 0.7-something so therefore isn't significant

From the values on the Critical Value table it wasn't significant so I said the dude should reject the experimental hypothesis.
Im massivley counting on that... where were the classic and contemp studies at??

I'm still confused why they asked about behaviour with cognitive 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending