AQA GCSE Media Studies 2017-18 Watch

fe6746
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is anyone on here doing AQA's GCSE Media Studies on Monday 4th June? how's revision going and does anyone know predicted questions???
cherry1011
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi to be honest I haven't really revised and I only plan to do 2hours. Which I'd say if you watch at least 2 episodes of two different TV DRAMAs fresh before the exam you'll be more prepared. Including remembering specific 'media' terminology. Hopefully, it will go decent as it's the last year for the A*-G specification. Do let me know how your exam goes, good luck!
sausansayed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
when you got the pre released Q1 do you have to do an episode or the plot
fe6746
Rep:
?
(Original post by sausansayed)
when you got the pre released Q1 do you have to do an episode or the plot
sorry but i think I'm doing a different course to you as our Q1 wasn't pre-released but would be along the lines of ''Explain what makes Serial Dramas popular''
hattiejet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by fe6746)
Is anyone on here doing AQA's GCSE Media Studies on Monday 4th June? how's revision going and does anyone know predicted questions???
I'm totally lost on the predicted questions but try to build up your own idea for a tv serial drama and include as much terminology as possible. I'd also try to research the series you are using and use well-known ones like Dr. Who or Riverdale. Make sure to look over the theories briefly but if you forget some in the exam, just write about the ones you do know.
sausansayed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
in media studies 1 aqa theres a pre released question but idk if it is a storyboard of an episode or a trailer or what i have no idea
sausansayed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
sorry but i think I'm doing a different course to you as our Q1 wasn't pre-released but would be along the lines of ''Explain what makes Serial Dramas popular''
thanks anyways
ohdearstudying
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sausansayed)
in media studies 1 aqa theres a pre released question but idk if it is a storyboard of an episode or a trailer or what i have no idea
There are no pre released questions to my knowledge, rather we infer from the preliminary material what they could be.

There's much debate about what Question 2-4 could be.
sausansayed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ohdearstudying)
There are no pre released questions to my knowledge, rather we infer from the preliminary material what they could be.

There's much debate about what Question 2-4 could be.
Thank you yh thats what i meant but forgot the word. Theres a storyboard sheet but idk what its for as in is it an episode or whole plot or trailer?
sausansayed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hii can anyone help mee?
fe6746
Rep:
?
Hope today went fine for everyone! I wrote far too much for Q1 and left too little time for Q2-4. Really struggled with structuring the storyboard and only wrote half a side for q4. The grade boundaries are a joke too !!
The_French_Guy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hope today went fine for everyone! I wrote far too much for Q1 and left too little time for Q2-4. Really struggled with structuring the storyboard and only wrote half a side for q4. The grade boundaries are a joke too !!
What's the grade boundarie ??
ohdearstudying
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by The_French_Guy)
What's the grade boundarie ??
omg i'm nervous now...

exam was hard lmaooo
fe6746
Rep:
?
A* = 49/60
a = 45/60
b = 41/60
c = 37/60
d = 32/60
Holkaa
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That exam was calm but it was very loooooooooooooooooooooooong
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (38)
15.97%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (17)
7.14%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
7.14%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (26)
10.92%
Monster Munch (18)
7.56%