The Student Room Group

Asylum Decision Maker (Home Office)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sadiecoco
Thank you for replying, it is much appreciated, I am just preparing now, didn’t realise there would be 10strength based questions, I have prepared 3 x strengths and then why I am applying for the job etc not sure that will be enough now!?!? did they ask about you weaknesses or why you left you last job?
Also the 3 competency questions did they ask can you tell me a time you delivered at pace or a question in relation to that?
Would really appreciate your response, thank you so much
😊

It's not like other interviews, this is what will happen, you will sit an assessment that lasts 75 minutes, mine was regarding an asylum case, you will read all the evidence then you will be asked on paper why the applicant is seeking asylum, then if there are discrepancies in the applicants answers, you will have to make a decision if you grant or dismiss the visa for stay and on what grounds. Then you will go for interview, they will ask strength based around 7 to 10 questions like do you like talking or listening, how do you cope under pressure etc, then the 3 competencies, you need to deliver them in a STAR format.
Original post by bsp
It's not like other interviews, this is what will happen, you will sit an assessment that lasts 75 minutes, mine was regarding an asylum case, you will read all the evidence then you will be asked on paper why the applicant is seeking asylum, then if there are discrepancies in the applicants answers, you will have to make a decision if you grant or dismiss the visa for stay and on what grounds. Then you will go for interview, they will ask strength based around 7 to 10 questions like do you like talking or listening, how do you cope under pressure etc, then the 3 competencies, you need to deliver them in a STAR format.

Thanks so much I will let you know how I get on 😊
Reply 22
Thanks so much I will let you know how I get on 😊

I went to Leeds for interview, my friend went to Liverpool last week, the asylum case for assessment will be based on a man named arun chetti from shri lanka, make sure you read the witness statement and doctors report, there was a lot of discrepancies, list exactly what they are as in exact dates etc.
Have you heard back after the interview? I had the interview almost 3 weeks ago now
Original post by Hancx1234
Have you heard back after the interview? I had the interview almost 3 weeks ago now

Hi
I only had my interview yesterday and they said it would be 2/3 weeks before I got feedback on assess/tests and would only hear if successful after the campaign has closed but wasn’t sure if the exact date as said it was a national campaign and had been recruiting in different areas etc so no idea, think it’s a lengthy process, good luck and let me know how you get on, I went to Liverpool for my interview but applying for a post in s different area 😊
Reply 25
Was the assessment based on arun chetti
Original post by bsp
Was the assessment based on arun chetti

Yes😊
Reply 27
Did you deny or approve the visa, I denied it
Reply 28
I demand to know if I got the position. I am the greatest decision maker in the world. I can make decisions better than anybody else on the planet. I am a true stable genius and if anybody wants to challenge me I suggest they reconsider. If the HO think they can reject me they can cluck off as far as I'm concerned. If you disagree you can chew on my fat one and that is the bottom line as far as I'm concerned, I do not tolerate IRRATIONAL NEGATIVITY and anyone who thinks I am unsuitable for the job can stand up and say it to my face. What, what, what THOUGHT SO, sit down and shut up and stay in your lanes. The champ does what he wants.
Hi folks, any updates? My checks have been completed and I think a start date is on it's way quite soon
That’s great only had my interview last week for EO decision maker and not heard yet
Has anyone received a decision regarding the Glasgow jobs? I went for my ineterview in Leeds in 3rd May and haven’t heard anything yet
I went for interview for home office in May at Leeds football stadium. I haven’t heard anything yet and it’s for the Glasgow jobs. Has anyone heard anything regarding outcomes from interviews?
QUOTE=leem2018;77166292]Has anyone had their interview feedback yet for the EO Decision Makers in Bootle, Liverpool? I had my interview more than three weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything back...

Hoping it goes well.

Hi, did you get anything back from the interview? I went for mine in Leeds 3rd May and still haven’t heard back
Original post by Sulo1234
I went for interview for home office in May at Leeds football stadium. I haven’t heard anything yet and it’s for the Glasgow jobs. Has anyone heard anything regarding outcomes from interviews?

Sorry my interview was in Liverpool on 6th June for Sheffield jobs , however they said we wouldn’t hear until the recruiting campaigns had finished nationwide and think they were still recruiting until late last week in Liverpool , can’t speak for other areas
Sorry my interview was in Liverpool on 6th June for Sheffield jobs , however they said we wouldn’t hear until the recruiting campaigns had finished nationwide and think they were still recruiting until late last week in Liverpool , can’t speak for other areas

Aw thanks. My civil service jobs still says scheduled for assessment as it’s not been updated to reflect I’ve been for interview. Must be just because it’s for a big campaign
Aw thanks. My civil service jobs still says scheduled for assessment as it’s not been updated to reflect I’ve been for interview. Must be just because it’s for a big campaign

Yes I think so, fingers crossed for you
Reply 37

I interviewed in Leeds on 18th May for Glasgow position. Not heard anything yet
Original post by mdom1
I interviewed in Leeds on 18th May for Glasgow position. Not heard anything yet

Thanks for the reply..hopefully we will hear over the next week or 2
Reply 39
Thanks for the reply..hopefully we will hear over the next week or 2

Hopefully, I asked at interview and they said to expect to hear mid June. As was said above, they said it would be when all interviewing was completed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending