The Student Room Group
The scooter gangs are engaged in all out street combat and so far nothing can stop them. :afraid:

I read that clarification has been given to the police that they can pursue them even when they (the gang members) are not wearing crash hats, but apparently the 'clarification' didn't clarify it in the opinion of police officers. Currently, police officers face prosecution if they go off in pursuit of the scooter-based criminal and it leads to the said criminal falling off and injuring themselves.

So at the moment, the net result is that we are pretty much at the mercy of the gangs.
Reply 3
Original post by Fullofsurprises
The scooter gangs are engaged in all out street combat and so far nothing can stop them. :afraid:

I read that clarification has been given to the police that they can pursue them even when they (the gang members) are not wearing crash hats, but apparently the 'clarification' didn't clarify it in the opinion of police officers. Currently, police officers face prosecution if they go off in pursuit of the scooter-based criminal and it leads to the said criminal falling off and injuring themselves.

So at the moment, the net result is that we are pretty much at the mercy of the gangs.

I imagine even if the police do get the nod to go after these cretins, they still won't have enough time or resources to actually persue them every single time. And many probably wouldn't want to anyway, I suppose. Risking one's neck in order to save some bloke's rolex is not a particularly appealing idea, after all.

P.S. "Crash hats"? :lol:
Original post by Dez

AKA Skid Lids

:shakecane:

slang from the mods & rockers generation
Original post by Dez

I'm sure they are very safety conscious. :teehee: I was of course referring to 'helmets'.

The cops in London have a special squad devoted to catching them, but they are severely hampered as the scooteri always do crazy driving when pursued and so the pursuits get called off.
Original post by the bear
AKA Skid Lids

:shakecane:

slang from the mods & rockers generation

Skid lid is far more pictorial and has a nice ring to it. Surprised this charming piece of Anglo-Saxon has not become the standard.

Reading further on the web, apparently the police have switched tactics and are now using plain clothes squads to grab them off their bikes, rather than pursuing them.
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2017/december/police-get-tough-on-scooter-criminals
Couldn't have happened to a funnier man.
Reply 8
Original post by Dez
I imagine even if the police do get the nod to go after these cretins, they still won't have enough time or resources to actually persue them every single time. And many probably wouldn't want to anyway, I suppose. Risking one's neck in order to save some bloke's rolex is not a particularly appealing idea, after all.

I don't think the police should give chase because members of public and police officers could be hurt and even killed by those selfish criminals
Reply 9
Original post by Dez

the moped gangs are terrorizing parts of London with there extreme violent the next person who has their rolex stolen might also be murdered.
Original post by RivalPlayer
On the same day, A 24-year-old woman was robbed of her phone and bag by a moped gang in north London. She is now fighting for life after being punched by the pillion passenger.

Link: https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/05/moped-gang-leave-woman-fighting-life-punching-phone-7608079/

London's just reaping the results of years non-judgmentalism and political correctness.

It'll only get worse.

A 16 year old boy was also hit over the head several times with a hammer while waiting at a bus stop in East London today.

London truly is a shithole.

https://news.sky.com/story/boy-16-attacked-with-claw-hammer-at-bus-stop-in-tower-hamlets-east-london-11395406
There will be somebody along in a minute to try to deflect and tell you that it is the same all over the country.🤔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending